Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedformer east europe prog bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 16:12
Uz Jsme Doma from the Czech Republic and Vezhlivy Otkaz from Russia are probably my favorites.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
poito View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 16:06
Hi there,
Here is an old prog-head. Never posted before, but I'm using the page and writing reviews for a while (under the name poito). 
I was born 4-5 years later than I should to catch the great prog explosion back in late sixties, but as soon as I realized that music would be with me all my life, I raced to recover all of it. I soon became a son of underground Canterbury, Soft Machine, Caravan, Camel, and also the masters, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Tull, Floyd, etc. A few years ago I realized that the web, and in particular this Prog Archives was giving me an amazing opportunity to learn about many bands I never heard of before. To me, finding a new prog band of my like is as a lotery prize, and lately I'm winning every day. I'm now enjoying new Prog music as I never thought it could happen. I grew up  with only a bunch of prog bands, and I used to listen quite a lot of Rock and other stuff, but we now have access to thowsands of progs from everywhere. It is simply a miracle. By nature I am a explorer, so in music; I like to expore bands from the Eastern Europe, and found amazing jewels such as Celelalte Cuvinte from Romania, Siddartha from Eslovenia, After Crying from Hungary, or Scandinavian bands like ACT, or some unsuspected sites as Cuba, with the great Anima Mundi, Lazuli and Gens de la Lune from France,etc. I'm really eclectic, near all prog styles, plus rock, jazz, anything, feed my mind everyday, but if someone out there can give a hint on bands from the old Eastern Europe (not recent but classic in their countries), I'd be grateful.
Cheers
Oscar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12