Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 21:28
The last album I listened to was stationary traveller by Camel. I sort of fell alseep towards the end but I must have been rather sleepy in the first place. It was my first time hearing it. 
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 10:28
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The last album I listened to was stationary traveller by Camel. I sort of fell alseep towards the end but I must have been rather sleepy in the first place. It was my first time hearing it. 
That is a nice one to fall asleep to, and I mean that in a good way.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 10:30
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

LOL
well, I fell asleep once listening to thrash. LOL
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 16:30
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Babylon by Bus
Eloy - Floating
Bernhard Wöstheinrich - Ruminations Over Tea
Glasswork - s/t
Glasswork - A Conundrum / Trembling
Emme Phyzema - Chronic Bronchitis
PFM - L'isola di Niente
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 17:27
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Jose’ — Allied Forces! I need to spin that one again soon. Good call.

Today (first Mogwai listen in several years I think. Used to be almost daily!)

Terje Rypdal | Bleak House
Joni Mitchell | Shadows and Light (live)
Joni Mitchell | Dog Eat Dog
Mogwai | Happy Songs for Happy People
Mogwai | Every Country’s Sun
Government Issue | Complete History, Vol. 2
Tim Buckley | Greetings From L.A.
Half Japanese | Perfect

I've been on a 80s metal kinda mood past several days.........

Today's spins.......(so far) Big smile

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 20:10
Magma | Emehntehtt Re — 2009 release of one of their long-form pieces that they never had the budget or time to tackle in the 70s. It’s a doozy. It contains the immortal “Hhai” within its second movement, and Hhai deserves consideration alone as a standalone piece among Magma’s finest moments.

Canned Heat | Future Blues — Alan Wilson was the man. He was on fire during this album, their creative peak. Bob Hite sings about half the tunes (he usually sings more) and he’s his usual lovable big hairy hippie self, shouting the blues like he’s in the backyard with his friends. Alan Wilson is the polar opposite, solemn, precise, and with a high nasal voice (I always likened it to Kermit the Frog). But his songs are unreal. Complex blues concoctions with his slide and finger style playing. The bonus track “Human Condition” is the climax, a track recorded after the album but never released on a future album, because Wilson committed suicide shortly after. It’s kind of a heartbreaking tune in retrospect.

Soft Machine | NDR Jazz Workshop 1973 — great Cuneiform release of the band performing most of “Six”, right after Roy Babbington replaced Hugh Hopper

Superdensecrushloadfactor | What Little Ground There Is — endlessly interesting experimental rock from our friend Gabe (aka “irrelevant” on PA). Strangely complex music that visits “normal” song forms here and there.

Tones on Tail | Pop — between Bauhaus and Love & Rockets, and much weirder than either. Spooky psychedelic whispers over minimal percussion and eerie noises

R. Stevie Moore | Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About R. Stevie Moore But Were Afraid to Ask (disc 1) - one of my main dudes and the most prolific recording artist of all time, bar none.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 09:52
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Thanks Sam.....clearly I blame you guys !! LOL It was fine I had not played the CD in a very long time, it needs a remix for sure but not sure that will happen at all. 

Very cool I love So, but then again I love all his solo material. So and Us are my favs, his music is setup perfectly for an audiophile release, the music is so engaging and all the nuances he weaves into the music is awesome when I am sitting and 100% engaged in his records. It's a gorgeous listen.......

Is yours one of the German language versions?
Maybe in 2052 for the 40th anniversary they'll do it Tongue

It's in English, I checked and there's no German version of "So".
I finally heard it and I'll have to give it another listen soon. I listened to side A actively, as if it was a classic Genesis album, but on side B I changed to a more relaxed approach and enjoyed it much more.

Since Sunday:
Peter Gabriel - So
Mother Engine - Hangar
The Kinks - Are the Village Green...
Ben Levin - Fake
Esfera - Plano
Les Big Byrd - Iran Iraq IKEA
Tomoyo Harada - Blue Orange
Eggstone - Vive la Différence!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 10:12
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Thanks Sam.....clearly I blame you guys !! LOL It was fine I had not played the CD in a very long time, it needs a remix for sure but not sure that will happen at all. 

Very cool I love So, but then again I love all his solo material. So and Us are my favs, his music is setup perfectly for an audiophile release, the music is so engaging and all the nuances he weaves into the music is awesome when I am sitting and 100% engaged in his records. It's a gorgeous listen.......

Is yours one of the German language versions?
Maybe in 2052 for the 40th anniversary they'll do it Tongue

It's in English, I checked and there's no German version of "So".
I finally heard it and I'll have to give it another listen soon. I listened to side A actively, as if it was a classic Genesis album, but on side B I changed to a more relaxed approach and enjoyed it much more.

Since Sunday:
Peter Gabriel - So
Mother Engine - Hangar
The Kinks - Are the Village Green...
Ben Levin - Fake
Esfera - Plano
Les Big Byrd - Iran Iraq IKEA
Tomoyo Harada - Blue Orange
Eggstone - Vive la Différence!

Yea I was thinking of PG-IV/Security, one of two albums he did in German.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 20:18

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 20:21
Genesis -abacab
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 00:15
Gumboot Soup - KGatLW
Act I - The Dear Hunter
Act II - The Dear Hunter
Mercury Fountain - The Physics House Band
Horizons / Rapture - The Physics House Band
Death Sequence - The Physics House Band
The Dawn of Vitriol - Mercury Circle
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 03:25
Deep Purple— Shades ( CD #1 of 4 of boxset.) Man Deep Purple were a really cool band from 1968 to 1971 before their massive hit, Machine Head. )

OSI— Office Of Strategic influence ( Such a great album. Matheos, Moore and Portnoy really bring the goods. OSI is a terrific group and I missed them like crazy...no album since 2012.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 08:48
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Deep Purple— Shades ( CD #1 of 4 of boxset.) Man Deep Purple were a really cool band from 1968 to 1971 before their massive hit, Machine Head. )

OSI— Office Of Strategic influence ( Such a great album. Matheos, Moore and Portnoy really bring the goods. OSI is a terrific group and I missed them like crazy...no album since 2012.

Yea man!! The first OSI is excellent......I've begged Burning Shed to look into pushing for vinyl issues of OSI, and Free, I have Blood and looking to get Fire Make Thunder as well the 12" EP with Free.

I just watched Portnoy's 5th video on his vinyl collection and he talked about OSI and he loved it, but then what started to happen is it became a Matheos solo effort, he was not interested in that he wanted a group effort so he bailed. I don't think anymore new OSI will get released.
You should watch those Portnoy YT videos he's doing....here's the first one. He is doing one video per section of records.....Pretty cool! Although I get sooooo freaking tired of hearing about his LOVE for everything Beatles. Dead

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 19:28

Yea man!! The first OSI is excellent......I've begged Burning Shed to look into pushing for vinyl issues of OSI, and Free, I have Blood and looking to get Fire Make Thunder as well the 12" EP with Free.

I just watched Portnoy's 5th video on his vinyl collection and he talked about OSI and he loved it, but then what started to happen is it became a Matheos solo effort, he was not interested in that he wanted a group effort so he bailed. I don't think anymore new OSI will get released.
You should watch those Portnoy YT videos he's doing....here's the first one. He is doing one video per section of records.....Pretty cool! Although I get sooooo freaking tired of hearing about his LOVE for everything Beatles. Dead

Haha!! Yeah Jose! I’ve watched magic Mike dip into his vinyl collection. Always curious to what one of the greatest Prog gods likes to listen to.
Even if it is a mad gushing over the beatles. . I think it is so cool how much he loves Marillion. :)
Speaking of which. Fish on Friday is pretty awesome. I’ve really grown to love Fish. He’s a solid Scotsman and I’m really looking forward to getting his new and last album. Weltschmertz.
Check out his YT channel.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmaDwYKt560qDJVTf3S5RzUKVicVf2Fer
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 19:34
Today’s spins.

Paradise Lost — Obsidian.
Idle Hands— Dont waste your time.
Peter Cetera— Solitude. ( guilty pop pleasure. Ah the 80’s. Incredibly recorded. )
YES— Fragile ( Squire’s Bass. Heavenly. )

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 03:01
One by TesseracT

Quarters by King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Act III by The Dear Hunter

Doppelgänger by The Fall of Troy

In Cauda Venenum by Opeth

We’re Here Because We’re Here by Anathema

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 07:42
Rush | Power Windows
Rush | Hold Your Fire
Rush | Clockwork Angels Tour
Terje Rypdal & the Chasers | Blue
Iggy Pop | Zombie Birdhouse
Sunn 0))) | LifeMetal

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 18:18
Deep Purple— Whoosh! ( the deepest of purple never dies. Can’t believe these guys can still write/perform quality music. Love this new 2020 album. )

IQ— Subterranea ( this was a terrific revisit. So immersive. The lyrics are amazing. )

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2020 at 01:33

Today’s spins.

Paradise Lost — Obsidian.
Idle Hands— Dont waste your time.
Peter Cetera— Solitude. ( guilty pop pleasure. Ah the 80’s. Incredibly recorded. )
YES— Fragile ( Squire’s Bass. Heavenly. )

Shocked Cetera???? I forgive you buddy LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2020 at 01:38

Act IV by The Dear Hunter

Clairvoyant by The Contortionist

London Song by Big Big Train

Unfolded Like Staircase by Discipline

The Tain by The Decemberists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 522>