Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKeyboard work similar to Dave Sinclair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard work similar to Dave Sinclair
    Posted: October 13 2016 at 23:05
...specifically his work on In the Land of Grey and Pink ("Winter Wine" in particular).

I apologize in advance for the specificity of this request, and the ignorance of the asker (my prog knowledge doesn't extend very far beyond the big names, though i have more than a passing familiarity with their work), but i'm itching for something similar to the warm, fuzzy, wistful...'pink' organ tone he achieves on that album.

I know the obvious routes are other Caravan albums and other albums featuring Dave Sinclair, to which I'll note:

1. I tried Caravan's first two albums, neither of which quite hit the spot (at least in this regard).

2. Just finished Matching Mole's first album, which I quite liked, but Dave doesn't seem (correct me if I'm wrong) to have made sizable contributions to many other notable bands, as far as I can tell.

Through searching this forum I'm aware of Dave Stewart as a possible response, but he seems a little on the 'busy' side from the (admittedly small number of) songs that I've sampled. Any albums where he plays with a bit more delicacy?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2016 at 23:51
Try Supersister - Robert Jan Stips plays fuzzy organ well - Especially the album Pudding And Gisteren.
Otherwise, yeah, Dave Stewart (try the Khan album Space Shanty or the Hatfield song Halfway Between Heaven And Earth).
Winter Wine is SPECTACULAR, even Nigel Blows A Tune........
 Post Reply Post Reply