Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2020 at 17:32
Louisville now has armed miltia squaring off against armed protestors. This will not end well.

Edit: All was peaceful last night as far as these two sides. Perhaps it was a standoff with just too many guns in the open carry state of Kentucky.

Edited by SteveG - September 25 2020 at 05:57
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 05:59
In my darkest moods there is one thing that I am worried about: That should Donald Trump lose he will say "Après moi, le déluge" ("After me, the flood". Well, he won't speak French; I just use French because the saying is attributed to Madame Pompadour. He will say something like "No-one will be president after me" or "Make America Great One Last Time") and press the red button.

Mark that I don't think this is likely or really going to happen; I don't think he is that mad. But I am definitely not comfortable with someone having control of this button who values nothing but himself.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 06:32
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

In my darkest moods there is one thing that I am worried about: That should Donald Trump lose he will say "Après moi, le déluge" ("After me, the flood". Well, he won't speak French; I just use French because the saying is attributed to Madame Pompadour. He will say something like "No-one will be president after me" or "Make America Great One Last Time") and press the red button.

Mark that I don't think this is likely or really going to happen; I don't think he is that mad. But I am definitely not comfortable with someone having control of this button who values nothing but himself.
I wish that I was as confident as you Friede. I think that he's as mad as a hatter and I wouldn't put anything past him. My only consolation is the US military's leaders don't like him and would rather see him go quickly before he can do something crazy like refuse to give up the office.

Edited by SteveG - September 25 2020 at 06:33
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 06:41
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I wish that I was as confident as you Friede. I think that he's as mad as a hatter and I wouldn't put anything past him. My only consolation is the US military's leaders don't like him and would rather see him go quickly before he can do something crazy like refuse to give up the office.

I would actually not put anything past him either. I am just whistling in the dark.

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 06:45
With his latest message, he has made abundantly clear he has no intention of going away.  He actually said in as many words, "Without mail in ballots, there won't be a transfer, just a continuation."  
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 06:55
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

With his latest message, he has made abundantly clear he has no intention of going away.  He actually said in as many words, "Without mail in ballots, there won't be a transfer, just a continuation."  

Yes, and that's what makes me afraid. Though I did expect it of him. I was already certain of that when he was elected.

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 06:57

Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Yes, and that's what makes me afraid. Though I did expect it of him. I was already certain of that when he was elected.

Well, I guess if pro-lifers and other 'single issue' voters as well as the monkey-balancing both siders still want to hold their nose and vote for Trump, they are free to sink the Republic with them.  I just hope my relatives will be able to get out alive if and when all hell breaks loose.  
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 09:34
when I moved from Oakland, CA to Cologne, Germany in 1993 it was shortly before the cruise missile strikes on Iraq (I moved Jun 10th, the missile strikes were on Jun 26th). back then I thought this was about the lowest an US president might sink. in hindsight these missile strikes look like child's play to what is going on right now

Edited by BaldJean - September 25 2020 at 09:36

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 10:08
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

when I moved from Oakland, CA to Cologne, Germany in 1993 it was shortly before the cruise missile strikes on Iraq (I moved Jun 10th, the missile strikes were on Jun 26th). back then I thought this was about the lowest an US president might sink. in hindsight these missile strikes look like child's play to what is going on right now

It kind of sums up what I heard from a thinker (I can't remember who said it exactly). Said that after exhausting avenues to destroy other lands, the imperial state turns on its own people (colonizing them, in essence).  The early template for this was Nazi Germany.  But we now see signs of it in the US.  It's clear that Trump is digging in and doubling down.  People who continue to dismiss this as just a way to rile up the Left are playing with fire quite literally.  There has to be a line even to the business of provoking the Left.  You can't say you won't accept an election result as a pretext to rile up the Left.  Any elected representative who refuses to accept election results and agree to a peaceful transfer of power is a threat per se and for the President to do so presents the greatest threat to a democracy.   The Dems would invoke the 25th if they felt there was any chance for an outcome other than GOP spurning them and using it as an opportunity to score brownie points with their base.  I have not always entertained arguments about Trump being so unfit for the job as to warrant removal previously but I think this crosses the line. 
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 10:33
I doubt the CIA and the FBI are going to let him get away with anything. I'm sure they already consider him a security risk and just plain don't like him anyway. He is already stupid enough to make public threats, so I'm sure they have already made plans in case he follows through.

Personally I think he is a big blow hard, and from discussions with people who are voting for him, many don't have a high regard for him as a person. I seriously doubt more than a few are going to be willing to support any shenanigans. I also think the leaders of the repub party are sick of all the damage he has done to the party's future. I bet many will be glad to see him go.

Edited by Easy Money - September 25 2020 at 10:35
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 11:18
Like any 3rd world dictator, Trump would need to have the military in his pocket in order to wrack havoc. So far he only has the state militias and the bikers. And they're good for sh*t.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 11:25
^ Yes, I have been following what the FBI thinks of the rise of white supremacist activity and I get the feeling they would love to have an opportunity to take a bunch of them out.
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 11:32
Would suit me just fine. 
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 11:32
Absolutely. And, as Easy Money stated, old Donnie has thrown too many stones in a glass house made up of the FBI and the CIA, and they would love to see him go.

Edited by SteveG - September 25 2020 at 11:33
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 11:44
Thanks to the local social media site NextDoor, I am able to discuss trump with literally thousands of trump supporters, as well probably a hundred plus people I know personally. Most trump voters are not crazy about the guy, they see his faults and ugliness. Most trump voters are like the rest of us, just voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. They don't like Democrats, but it doesn't get much deeper than that, and if you criticize trump from a conservative viewpoint, you will get no argument.

This idea of a red state violent rebellion is a media fairy tale. If trump loses, life in the redneck suburb I live in will go on as it always does with people having jobs to get to and kids to get to school, sports to watch on TV and plenty of Bud Lite for everyone.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 12:18
Once again the FBI is telling trump to shut his big yap:

WASHINGTON — The FBI has not seen evidence of a “coordinated national voter fraud effort,” its director, Christopher Wray, told lawmakers Thursday, undercutting President Donald Trump’s efforts to stoke fears about mail-in ballots by claiming without evidence that they are an election threat.

Any fraud effort would have to be widespread and well coordinated to change the election outcome, and carrying out that kind of fraud would be a “major challenge for an adversary,” Wray said. But he made it clear he was not minimizing other threats to election security, including smaller-scale frauds.

Edited by Easy Money - September 25 2020 at 12:19
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 15:10
I think William Barr is much too large a factor to think the FBI and CIA won't let it happen, and Mike Pompeo will be just too happy to assist.
Heinrich Himmler showed how to get that sorted. Gina Haspel will not be a problem and Christopher Wray is hanging on by a string.

Edited by npjnpj - September 25 2020 at 15:21
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 17:11
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Thanks to the local social media site NextDoor, I am able to discuss trump with literally thousands of trump supporters, as well probably a hundred plus people I know personally. Most trump voters are not crazy about the guy, they see his faults and ugliness. Most trump voters are like the rest of us, just voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. They don't like Democrats, but it doesn't get much deeper than that, and if you criticize trump from a conservative viewpoint, you will get no argument.

This idea of a red state violent rebellion is a media fairy tale. If trump loses, life in the redneck suburb I live in will go on as it always does with people having jobs to get to and kids to get to school, sports to watch on TV and plenty of Bud Lite for everyone.

I have suspected this as well(regarding your first paragraph). They don't love Trump but they would rather vote for him than Biden probably mainly because of issues and values. Maybe they think wearing a mask is unconstitutional but they are probably pro guns, pro life(ie anti abortion) and somehow think Trump is more pro religion and christian than Biden(which is pretty laughable to me). 

I don't see much difference if Biden is elected either. After all where were all the right wing rioters when Obama was president? I don't see things being much different here. However, if Trump is re-elected that's a different story. I don't want to speculate too much and if he does win fair and square that's one thing but I don't think that would be the case(kind of ironic considering that Trump believes things will be rigged in favor of the democrats). Sorry Donny but the russians aren't working to help him get re-elected. 

I hope it doesn't come to this but I can't say I would feel bad for Trump if on January 21st a swat team storms the oval office and demands Trump to put his hands up. With the way he talks, this scenario(or something maybe a little less dramatic)is maybe not as unlikely as you might think.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 25 2020 at 17:16
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 18:37
How many times do I have to see a post like the one above from FlowerKing? There will not be a night and day difference if Biden gets in. What will happen over time is with the Congress being completely ruled by the Dems, the Supreme court will be enlarged to offset the Trump appointees. This is what is important.

Edited by SteveG - September 25 2020 at 18:40
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 19:28
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

How many times do I have to see a post like the one above from FlowerKing? There will not be a night and day difference if Biden gets in. What will happen over time is with the Congress being completely ruled by the Dems, the Supreme court will be enlarged to offset the Trump appointees. This is what is important.

Actually, it's a bit more than that, Steve. Trump is a flat-earth, anti-science, anti-intellectual charlatan. Trump has for all intents and purposes destroyed the EPA and eliminated countless important pollution controls (so many that energy companies and the auto industry have told him to stop it). He has gutted Intelligence, the State Department and HUD. He has hired complete idiots, and worse, idiot patrons to run Education and the US Post Office. The Justice Department and the FBI has had a series of competent and patriotic leaders give up and leave in disgust. Another four years of the Mango Mussolini and you'll have nothing left but banal Trump apparatchiks playing to the whims of a narcissistic sociopath. Democracy and the Constitution will be a memory.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 434>