Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 10:13
I had the great pleasure to attend The Musical Box's performance of "Selling England By The Pound" last night (17 Feb, 2017) at the historic Arcada Theater in St. Charles, Illinois. 

I'm a fan of TMB, having seen their Foxtrot and Lamb shows, so I had high expectations & was not disappointed!  

TMB is more than a tribute band to Genesis....they strive to recreate the feel of the original Genesis concerts by using vintage instruments (real Mellotron!), electronics and stage settings.  They also pride themselves on performing the music nearly perfectly, note-for-note in a concert setting.  

The show opened with "Watcher of the Skies," which is an excellent opening song for this band!  After a quick costume change, they launched into "Dancing With the Moonlit Knight," with lush Mellotron 8-Voice chorus tapes filling the room!  

In addition to the tracks on "Selling England," they performed "The Musical Box," "Supper's Ready" and "Can Utility and the Coastliners" which was the encore song.  

If you ever have a chance to see this hard-working and dedicated band, please do so!!  

Edited by cstack3 - February 18 2017 at 12:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12