Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFrank Zappa and LSOchestra (Rehearsal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frank Zappa and LSOchestra (Rehearsal)
    Posted: June 17 2017 at 19:48
An interesting video showing us how Frank Zappa aka God, worked with the LSO. I hope you enjoy it. 

Edited by PresenTense - June 17 2017 at 19:50
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 09:03
Hi,

Even though it is not one of many folks' preferred piece of music, everyone should check out "200 Motels, The Suites" and listen carefully ... by the end, you can see that the choir (as an example) is appreciating doing this whole thing, a lot more than they would doing some other tired piece of music that had been done a thousand times. And I think the orchestra would probably state similarly these days, on how different and challenging the whole thing was.

In the end, much of a lot of the music will be remembered and the idiots that did not appreciate anything except the "rock star" (so tired of that poop!), really means they never heard any of the music well enough to be able to make a reasonable and decent comment!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 11:34
A lot of Zappa's classical music tends to be some of my favorite of his work (and just contemporary classical in general), and I inform you, I'm no spring chicken when it comes to 20th/21st century classical
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
 Post Reply Post Reply