Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnthony Phillips Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Phillips Interview
    Posted: November 15 2017 at 19:18
I interviewed Anthony Phillips, the original guitarist of Genesis. We discusses his time in Genesis, his solo career and what he is up to now. The interview can be read at http://jeffcramer.blogspot.com/2017/10/a-very-candid-conversation-with-anthony.html
flellis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 19:19
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 19:38
Great interview. Some stuff I didn't know in there. Thanks a lot for posting this! 
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 19:34
Very nice.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 07:23
Hi,

Super nice and it shows in the way he talks. There is no "star" here, and he just simply continues on working as he does.

Interesting take on the early version of Genesis, however, not surprised, but I had always thought that it was "The Geese and the Ghost" that made it clear that Phil Collins, was the likely successor to Peter Gabriel, with the added bonus that he already knew most of the material, anyway.

AP, is also a gentleman that believes in the arts and its work. Quite a few years back, when I was a part of the "Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts", I ventured into creating an audio version of the thing, and I did a poem to a piece of music from "Slow Dance" with Anthony's permission. it was not as great as I would have liked, I merely had to record it over a cassette tape thing and had no mixing abilities whatsoever, but it felt right, and not pretentious. And it was a love song, much like the music in the album. And for me, that album has always been excellent, and I was after all of his albums ever since the first one, which to me, was fantastic.

The "Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts" is still alive and going ... and it's what ... over 25 years now? The oldest and best poetry e-zine ever ... and at one time we had a reputation from the alt.poetry folks as being too good and polished. Go figure ... we just loved to experiment and got better at it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 09:12
Clap Wow! A nice treat for the holidays! Thanks for posting your interview with Ant!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply