1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Dragon films
    Posted: August 03 2018 at 09:15
Dragon more than anything symoblices human terror. Dragon like no other creature or myths embodies the same level of fear as Dragons do. No other creature is represented as much or as varied and widespread as the serpentine and bewinged beast the dragon, it is found in all societys of man in all contient bar Antarctica (wether or not penguins have fear of dragons as well).  .

Be free to mentiom other dragon films and make a poll about them. I picked 4 disney films featuring dragons.

Edited by Icarium - August 03 2018 at 09:16
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2018 at 11:36
I voted for Beowulf here. Reign of Fire from 2002 with Matthew McConaughey & Christian Bale was a good one.

Edited by Argo2112 - August 03 2018 at 11:39
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2018 at 11:52
Perhaps Beowulf or Dragonheart off the list. Not sure.

I don't like voting other generally, but I guess my favourite is Terry Gilliam's Jabberwocky.

There are penty of films I like that feature dragons, such as Spirited Away and Neverending Story and Harry Potter.

From Japan, Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster, Mecha-King Ghidorah and Gojira vs. Kingu Gidora are cool. And the hydra in Jason and the Argonauts is cool.

Edited by Logan - August 03 2018 at 12:01
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2018 at 12:58
I can recomend the norwegian dragon film called Sigurd Drakedreper. Based on th myth of Sigurd (Siegfried)
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0129377/

Edited by Icarium - August 03 2018 at 13:02
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 10:50
Hi,

I think I vote for Jabberwocky also! Mostly because TG and I have the same birthday, and if he used a dragon for ... whatever reason ... it means ... oh well ... might not mean anything, really!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 19:02
I think Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God is quite cool. The acting seems not satisfactory, but it adds a different kind of "otherworldly" air to the movie. I guess the first high budget D&D movie is on the way. I hope it's not cancelled. Moreover, I really wish that we won't watch a typical "high budget crap", as is generally the case. This seems to be the biggest opportunity for a fantasy movie to surpass Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm a D&D guy, so I really would love to see that happen. 

Edited by Shadowyzard - July 19 2020 at 19:28
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 19:38

Pete's Dragon (1977)..  love it.  And the music.

Saw it as a kid, have it on VHS and watch it with my 3-years-old boy  Big smile

Dragonheart second.

Thought of a horrendous two-headed 'dragon' that appears in Willow…  love that movie! (not the dragon) ...and anything 80's  LOL

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 19:47
^ Willow was terrific, I think
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 20:05
^ Tongue

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 04:37
I voted "The Sword in the Stone". this wizard duel is a classic:

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 06:37
Enter the Dragon is the obvious choice for me. I like a good chop-socky movie every now and again. I love the exaggerated sound effects in this clip from the movie. Smile

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 06:58
This thread is more relevant after the thing that was Game of Thrones, though a series, Dragons have become more popular since i created thisbpoll
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 09:19
Hi,

So weird ... after having read THE BARDO many years ago, I stopped having issues and ideas about dragons, and my thoughts were that cartoons should have some fun with them, and did ... quickly ... but when some of the computer stuff entered film and was not the expensive mess that over took 2001, I think that these dragons became more fun to watch ... but if I had to choose a favorite one, I will take one of those from THE GAME OF THRONES ... they are cool and I need a small stuffed one for my mantle!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 09:50
See the source image
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 13:15
Mulan from the list, one of the better Disneys.   Reign of Fire also good, and a shout out to the underappreciated and completely missed The Great Wall --

The Great Wall">

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 14:26
wow .. missing a classic man...

what kid of that day didn't dig this and work this into our geeky ass D&D games we had back then with our loser friends..   and where we first learned how much we loved virgins hahaha.. oh yes we did.. 

at least until we discovered that older women ruled even more

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 13:06
I liked Reign of Fire with  McConaughey and Bale...
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 12:12
I prefer How To Train Your Dragon 2.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 12:30
^ that one is magnificant
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2020 at 18:13
Did you know that Falkor from The Neverending Story is Gandalf in dragon form? Otherwise, how could you explain Gandalf the Grey's long time absence in The Lord of the Rings? Oh, don't come up with that Balrog fight, "every day was as long as a life age of the earth," crap. He just entered the universe of TNS' and when his mission was done as Falkor, he returned to the LOTR universe. Didn't you get suspicious about the fact that he came back as Gandalf the White? I strongly believe that Gandalf, Shadowfax and the Balrog entered into a strange energy plane, and the result was Falkor.

Edited by Shadowyzard - September 24 2020 at 18:16
 Post Reply Post Reply