Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Todd Rundgren nominated to Rock and Roll Hall of F
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Todd Rundgren nominated to Rock and Roll Hall of F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Todd Rundgren nominated to Rock and Roll Hall of F
    Posted: October 26 2018 at 07:48
Please help us get Todd bumped up to #1 on the list!!!  Here's how:

Vote once per day for each email address you have thru Dec.9th and let everyone you know to do the same.

Vote:
https://www.rockhall.com/fanvote

See Todd's standings:
https://www.rockhall.com/fanvote/standings

Todd deserves to be in the hall.   Thanks
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 09:29
Deserves induction solely based on A Wizard A True Star and Todd Rundgren's Utopia - two of the best LP's ever recorded.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 12:21
^Both decent albums, but by no means 2 of the 'best  LP's ever recorded'....and there are plenty of artists imho who should get in before Mr Rundgren.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 13:20
I will certainly vote, though I don't like the RNRHF.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 14:51
I'm voting for the Zombies all day every day.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 15:24
^I voted for them and Roxy.
Haquin
ReactioninG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReactioninG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2018 at 16:50
Swing To The Right! Trying to face the fact that I ain't too young noooo more.....

Utopia rocks man.
Bitterblogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterblogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2018 at 23:02

Todd is overdue, and this weekend I'm dressing up as "The Man in the Tin-foil Hat". Appropriate for the mid-terms as well as Halloween!

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2018 at 09:12
Hi,

Hmmmm ... it will make his ego even bigger and have him take even more pot shots at Mr. Conservative that he has had fights with for years!

Oh well ... the presenter will have to be his nemesis, or it's not worth the price of admission! And then, they kiss and make up and play a set together and proceed to destroy each other's songs ... can you imagine Black Mariah with a screaming guitar, or Hello, It's Me with a loud bashing guitar laughing at the song ... or on the other hand ... a boring bass beat destroyed by the ...................

Maybe TR won't ruin XTC's album this time, except for one song!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Crimsonsnowdog View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsnowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2018 at 13:41
I'll vote for Todd as well as The Zombies, Roxy Music, and Kraftwerk. Somehow we need to have King Crimson and Kansas voted in.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2018 at 14:59
There are as many things produced or handled by Todd that I dislike as I like (or indeed really Love..) he's produced as much guff as he has pure stardust.. And that's why all in all I really rate him. Maybe he has an inflated ego (F**ks sake, he's not the only one, there's a few closer to hand..) and an almost deliberately erratic and contrary ability regarding the creative process but he is certainly a one off and at his best, a near creative genius. Don't give a monkeys about the R&RHOF tho'.. sorry.

miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2018 at 07:52
I voted for:

Todd Rundgren
Roxy Music
The Cure
Kraftwerk
The Zombies
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2018 at 14:14
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

There are as many things produced or handled by Todd that I dislike as I like (or indeed really Love..) he's produced as much guff as he has pure stardust.. And that's why all in all I really rate him. Maybe he has an inflated ego (F**ks sake, he's not the only one, there's a few closer to hand..) and an almost deliberately erratic and contrary ability regarding the creative process but he is certainly a one off and at his best, a near creative genius. Don't give a monkeys about the R&RHOF tho'.. sorry.

With all due respect, I think that TR is probably one of the best in that list. heck, I still have all his albums up until the Utopia stuff and the Eyecon thing. And I like them!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2018 at 16:03
I seriously hate the RRHOF. I mean, the museum part is cool, I bet...but do these musicians need more trophies?
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 11:05
Refreshing news out of the Rock and Hole Hall of Shame. Todd deserves it no matter who he is ahead of or behind.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 16:27
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Rock and Hole Hall of Shame.

Hall of Shame indeed...any institution that inducts Donna Summer for rocking harder than Jethro Tull is a joke LOL
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 18:46
I am admittedly a little light on my knowledge of Todd Rundgren.  Based on what got airplay, I was never inspired to listen to the rest.  All I really heard was Hello Its Me, a rather saccharine and overly emotive pathetic vocal delivery supported by bland music, and Bang the Drum All Day, scarcely a decent novelty song, let alone some kind of rock and roll classic.  With examples like that, there simply was no call to burn any of my limited music time chasing more of his work when I knew there were hundreds of other artists out there that would grab my attention more. 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 13:21
Most of his stuff is pop oriented but now and then he did cut loose with a rock gem...
like this one...

and as someone else mentioned ...Utopia his foirst under that name is good prog rock.

Edited by dr wu23 - November 01 2018 at 13:34
Haquin
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 13:30
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Most of his stuff is pop oriented but now and then he did cut loose with a rock gem...
like this one...

Much more to my liking.  Thanks for the link.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 13:35
Try his  Utopia ...also.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>