Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDrugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 08:34
to all those who said they don't use drugs: I don't believe you, unless you are Mormones. no coffee? no tea? no cocoa? no cigarettes? no alcohol? these are all drugs by the medical definition of the word

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 08:44
Originally posted by Wolf Spider Wolf Spider wrote:

Originally posted by Trouserpress Trouserpress wrote:

Drugs =

Cigarrets =

Alkohol =

Prog = <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
     SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
     SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

...Alcohol's a drug, you know?

No, marihuana, cocaine and stuff like that are drugs, but not alkohol.
A beer once in a while doesn`t hurt anyone and it doesn`t make you
mindless.
 <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
     SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
     SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

Alcoho is classified as a hard drug by the prohitive government itself while MJ is considered a soft one (sweet paradox).
Alcohol affects central nervous system (among others)while MJ doesn't.
Wolf Spider View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 08:44
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

to all those who said they don't use drugs: I don't believe you, unless you are Mormones. no coffee? no tea? no cocoa? no cigarettes? no alcohol? these are all drugs by the medical definition of the word

True, but the common meaning of the word "drugs" means narcotics - you can be addicted to tea, coffe or even alkohol and yet live a normal life. Being addicted to drugs (narcotics)makes your life miserable - you live only to get more and stronger drugs no matter the cost. But anyway any addiction isn`t good.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 09:03
Yes, but some people had their life /health ruined by sugar, cigarettes, various kinds of legal "pills" -anti depressant, anxyolitics, tec...- which are very dangerous IMO.

Drugs mean nothing except addiction.

And you can be addicted to TV, sex, game, money, work, computer...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 09:08
Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

Alcoho is classified as a hard drug by the prohitive government itself while MJ is considered a soft one (sweet paradox).

Alkohol a hard drug? No one thought of that in Poland... and thank god!

BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 09:09

True, but the common meaning of the word "drugs" means narcotics - you can be addicted to tea, coffe or even alkohol and yet live a normal life. Being addicted to drugs (narcotics)makes your life miserable - you live only to get more and stronger drugs no matter the cost. But anyway any addiction isn`t good.

Some "narcotics" aren't addictive either. I am not propagating drugs here, but there is a big difference between what certain states declare "legal" and "illegal" and what actually is harmful. Alcohol is probably the drug that causes the most problems, yet this drug is legal almost everywhere. Most car accidents with lethal results happen under the influence of alcohol.
As to living to use more and stronger drugs when using other drugs: Not true. I know a lot of people who smoke dope on a quite regular basis, some of them taking the occasional trip from time to time, but they are perfect members of society. Again, I don't want this to be misunderstood as propagating drugs, I just want to correct a certain misapprehension of drug users.

Edited by BaldFriede

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 09:09

Yes, but some people had their life /health ruined by sugar, cigarettes, various kinds of legal "pills" -anti depressant, anxyolitics, tec...- which are very dangerous IMO.

Drugs mean nothing except addiction.

And you can be addicted to TV, sex, game, money, work, computer...

Or Prog Archives forum

I know what you mean and I agree

goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 10:11

I've taken drugs (although only alcohol now it's term time) but I'm free of coffee, tea, cocoa, cigarettes, aspirin, paracetomol for months . I like to keep any type of drug as far apart from day to day life as possible. For me dropping acid or other strong drug from time to time when I have a holiday is much preferred to spending all the time on some milder drug like caffeine or aspirin! This way I spend my normal time perfectly sober and free from any confusion and I can function normally. That's also why I stay away from addictive drugs mostly.

Edited by goose
BitchBrew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 11:09

Valium + alcohol is not that healthy!

What drugs are??
People respond diffrently to diffrent drugs. Some people combining the two can lose control and start hurting other people. I on the other hand become very social and friendly. When it comes to my health, I don't se how this combo would be any more harmful then just using alchohl, unless you don't take it in very big dozes!
GoldenSpiral View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 11:42
I believe for the purposes of this discussion, by "drugs", people are referring to illegal drugs, the kind they teach you about in elementary school and say "drugs are bad, mmmkay..."

so as for illegal "mind expanding" drugs... no.

cigarettes.... no.

cigars.... mmm tasty... on occasion.

but as an Engineering student i have 2 "legal" drugs as my greatest allies: caffeine on the weekdays and alcohol on the weekends!
... and of course prog music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 12:37

Alkohol a hard drug? No one thought of that in Poland... and thank god!
 <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
     SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
     SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

You should better
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 12:46
The term "drug" is inapropriate and confusing.
Drug means either medicine than psychoactive substance.

To talk about MJ, mushroms, peyote, LSD, etc... i much prefer "lucidogen", "conscious ilimitators"...as these substances don't involve physical addiction.

I think that evrybody should be free to grow any plant he/she likes in her garden or on the balcony, or under lights...Here it's forbidden to pichk some kinds of mushrooms. I find it shameful as nature is not government's property, but everybody's property.

On another hand, the government allows sale of very dangerous (and addictive) pills, only to satisfy pharmaceutical trusts.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 14:21
there is a legal definition of "drugs" and a medical one; I go with the medical one. the legal one is arbitrary and changes from country to country

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 15:30
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Some "narcotics" aren't addictive either. I am not propagating drugs here, but there is a big difference between what certain states declare "legal" and "illegal" and what actually is harmful. Alcohol is probably the drug that causes the most problems, yet this drug is legal almost everywhere. Most car accidents with lethal results happen under the influence of alcohol.
As to living to use more and stronger drugs when using other drugs: Not true. I know a lot of people who smoke dope on a quite regular basis, some of them taking the occasional trip from time to time, but they are perfect members of society. Again, I don't want this to be misunderstood as propagating drugs, I just want to correct a certain misapprehension of drug users.

Society mostly accepts alkohol as of the fully legal drug (we all know how US ended when thay prohibited alcohol), while narcotics are not acceped. But I think it all depends on people - some will be addicted from their frist cigarret/beer/joint some will never be. Part of the addicted will end up drinking vodka/spiritus or taking "hard" drugs and some not. It`s all in your brain

ian_b View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 19:11

Drugs =

Cigarrets =

Alkohol =

Prog =

...Alcohol's a drug, you know?

No, marihuana, cocaine and stuff like that are drugs, but not alkohol. A beer once in a while doesn`t hurt anyone and it doesn`t make you mindless.

Alcohol is a chemical that affects the workings of the brain - you said yourself, it makes you "mindless". It is OFFICIALY a dictionary-definition example of a drug. It just happens to be legal.

to add to this point. if you are stoned it is MUCH easier to go about your daily life then to be wasted all the time. so to say alcahol doesnt make you mindless is absolutely ignorant. i have friends that smoke weed constantly and are very normal. cant say that about alot of alcaholics.

nousommedusolei View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 20:03

I drink coffee, lots of coffee.

I also smoke the occasional cigarette, cigar, sometimes even the Chiba.

Marijuana isn't a big deal to me. Going home and smoking a joint after work is like going home and having a few beers. No big deal.

I don't believe in demons
I don't believe in devils
I only believe in you
Prodigal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 21:10
I've smoked pot many times in the past. It was OK.

But I'm not looking forward to do any drugs in the future. Why? Because drugs (you know the ones I'm talking about), they create addictions. I'm a lover of freedom, and I want to be under control of my mind. Once you become addicted to anything (not only drugs), life loses its natural flavor and you need to have that "special thing" in order to remain alright. No thanks, I'll pass.
Angeldust View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 22:13

OK...you can't call a drug ,something that's legal in some countries ....if you do that you should say that coffe & beers are too...I personnaly don't do a lot of stuff..Don't drink either...But even if i did it would be inapropriate to talk about it here .....It's not something to be proud of in my opinion...

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 11:27
Originally posted by Prodigal Prodigal wrote:

I've smoked pot many times in the past. It was OK.But I'm not looking forward to do any drugs in the future. Why? Because drugs (you know the ones I'm talking about), they create addictions. I'm a lover of freedom, and I want to be under control of my mind. Once you become addicted to anything (not only drugs), life loses its natural flavor and you need to have that "special thing" in order to remain alright. No thanks, I'll pass.

Wise words...so we should'nt see you again on this site...
or it will mean that you're as addicted as us...
Suki View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 13:24
Hm.. I'm only 16, drugs I think are very far from me. Even though I know of people who're smoking and even though that once a year I go to a place where taking a puff is almost as easy as drinking water I don't do it. I know i may become addicted without any control of it, therefore I will not try it. Other than it, I do not look differently at people who do use drugs and don't think anymore than that. People who do use drugs aren't any 'lesser', I know how it is to be temped, and these like that always start from curiosity, so there is no argument here..

However, I do smoke cigarrets on a regular basis, since age of 14 and I pretty much love alcohol.
When it comes to prog I doubt I will enjoy being stoned, but when it comes to other music in parties (mostly heavy stuff) I like to drink my ass off. I know there are some heavy progressive sh*t, but I think you know what I mean.

Alcohol and Cigarrets are the stuff for me. I hope it won't get any worse from here.

That's it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>