Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New England Prog Network

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New England Prog Network
    Posted: February 13 2019 at 14:10
Howdy, gang. My revamped and revitalized lineup of Ian Cat has started playing shows again in Boston. I wanted to get a thread going to engage with other musicians in the Northeast about playing shows, and hopefully establishing a sweet, sweet proggy pipeline for us to use.

Let's get proggin'!
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2019 at 15:08
I live in Boston, post some gig date when u get them.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2019 at 09:43
You got a band, or nah?
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2019 at 10:22
Just a fan
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2019 at 13:54
I'll let you know when I've got another show, absolutely. For now, get a taste test of the new Ian Cat lineup.

iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 07:55
I'm posting here in case my fellow New Englanders catch it as they're perusing the forum. I'd really love to continue building a network of likeminded proggy musicians in this area. Closest thing I have right now is this fb group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1924734494511917/

But that group isn't a lot of musicians, it's mainly fans of proggy stuff and weirdness––which is fine, but I'm hoping to find more musicians.
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 12:12
Letters from the front:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QGtMThVBQtiFipcePjsuVOeMScExtjKn

This was a warm up me and the dudes did off the cuff in rehearsal last week. We might try to work on some elements, I think it sounds really cool.
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 13:06
I keep forgetting to be more active on here. My bad.

Anyway enjoy Ian Cat's most recent show in Somerville.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2019 at 07:02
Originally posted by iancat87 iancat87 wrote:

Very enjoyable with some far out moments. How much this reminds me of the type of material I really love to live with and enjoy ... 

I would still say that it is a bit on the under-developed side, but there are enough moments inside it, that really make this nice. 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2019 at 14:20
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by iancat87 iancat87 wrote:

Very enjoyable with some far out moments. How much this reminds me of the type of material I really love to live with and enjoy ... 

I would still say that it is a bit on the under-developed side, but there are enough moments inside it, that really make this nice. 

We are well aware that this is "under-developed." It is also largely made up of improvisations.
 Post Reply Post Reply