Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Kelly Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Kelly Appreciation Thread
    Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:05
Hello All....It was suggested that this would be the place for me to post this.  I joined ProgArchives a bit ago to promote Tom Kelly's releases and have stayed for a lot more than that.  I have gotten a couple of nice reviews of the material and want to link to them here.  Other admins, I think I got the proper OK (and also from the authors of the reviews to post here), but if not, please do let me know.

The Gagliarchives has played material from A Quail's House and have also received play on Aural Moon radio.  This site has been immeasurably helpful in finding the right audience and I am very appreciative of the kind welcome here.

Link to ProgArchives Entry: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10717

Links to Kev Rowland's and Windhawk's Prog Archives reviews:

Relevant links to Tom's music for those interested:

Website and Other Links:

https://tomkelly.hearnow.com/

Bandcamp:  Tom Kelly

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12B8VWiH5wY4QoXHMCkIGc?si=aAlS_Dj3SVKytPG4lZBzFA&fbclid=IwAR0acjinZbHO_jliqJGdktiWiUMf_LM2U0gE6YRi0oOfOdHo3_z7ZpEPMgE

Edited by Snicolette - March 30 2020 at 14:46
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:11

You can make the links more friendly (clickable) like here below

(if you want copy/paste them into your own post and I'll delete this one then - or tell me otherwise to mind my own business LOL)
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:14
Thank you, Quinino (Jose), and for your help with the PA bio.  Smile

Edited by Snicolette - February 20 2019 at 08:01
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:24
You're always welcome Smile

(to my surprise  I could not delete my own post - something I never did before but thought it might be possible)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:43
If you want me to, I could, apparently.  But it shows how helpful you are, which I think is good to keep.  Smile

Also wanted to add that DamoXt7492 (Keishiro) was incredibly helpful with many questions I had, so thank you to him as well!

Edited by Snicolette - February 20 2019 at 08:02
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 13:14
Sometimes in life we have to go to the music but sometimes it comes to us. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out there. As a former promoter myself I am glad to see people who choose to be brave and want to get the word out. I have suggested a few artists on here myself(some were added and some weren't) and if I heard Tom's music before you joined I probably would have tried to get him added on here. Finally, music that speaks to us or even music that we feel needs to be heard by more people is really what this site is all about. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 19 2019 at 13:17
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 13:29
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Sometimes in life we have to go to the music but sometimes it comes to us. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out there. As a former promoter myself I am glad to see people who choose to be brave and want to get the word out. I have suggested a few artists on here myself(some were added and some weren't) and if I heard Tom's music before you joined I probably would have tried to get him added on here. Finally, music that speaks to us or even music that we feel needs to be heard by more people is really what this site is all about. 
Thank you so much, Mike.  That is very kind of you.  And I feel that you posted that in a spirit of truth, rather than just kindness.

I agree, I've tried very hard to balance my additions here re Tom.  And in other places that his music is being played.  I am fortunate in that I have enjoyed a lively interest in this music all of my life, from well before I met Tom and enjoy the trading of knowledge that I see here, the majority is very respectful of other opinions...That is one of the beauties of this site, as I've been discovering since I joined last year.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2019 at 09:34
Attention Hamer-Heads....Martian on the Airwaves Saturday Evening, March 2....Just received word that a couple of selections from A Book Wife's Dream will be played on Prog Rock Nation that broadcasts from Las Cruces, NM, created and hosted by Julie Sanchez. Time is 8PM-10PM Mountain Time (1 hour ahead of the Left Coast).  Info on the show follows: 

Prog Rock Nation is a Progressive Rock radio show that airs on KTAL-LP 101.5 FM, Las Cruces, NM USA on Saturday nights 8-10pm MST/MDT and again on Sunday mornings 3-5am MST/MDT. KTAL-LP also has a live stream https://tunein.com/radio/KTAL-LP-s299277/ or lccommunityradio.org/stream.html so you can listen no matter where in the World you are. PRN is also streamed on www.CapitalRockRadio.com out of Melbourne, Australia, on Friday nights and again on Saturday mornings MST/MDT - due to constant time changes from American daylight savings time as well as Australian daylight savings time, please check the schedule on the www.CapitalRockRadio.com website for the time/day in your area. PRN usually airs on Capital Rock Radio a week after airing on KTAL-LP.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2019 at 09:23
From the Too Late to Make An Advanced Announcement Dept:

Tom's music was featured on Friday Night Progressive last night, both "Catherine," and "God and the Flatlanders (Waltz Version)," were played.  Really great responses in the chat room.  The host, Stephen Speelman, tells me that he will be playing more in future shows.  Show airs on Fridays from 6PM-8PM Left Coast time.

Please support these shows and stations when you're in the mood for listening, there are truly different personalities to the shows, due to their hosts (remember those radio days?).  I will of course let you know if there is any advance notice re Tom's music in particular.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2019 at 14:27
3/9/19   From The Just In Time To Advance Announce Dept:  Tom will be amongst the featured artists on the Light Without Heat web radio show today, starting at 4PM Left Coast time. 

Please join in on listening and there is also a very active chat during the show.

http://www.spreaker.com/show/light_without_heat?fbclid=IwAR1TdF0pE188EWvO9MeRbIB0kJJ0-1YtN0Y000BbhQ1NynJNQ9POY1HNxUI

Edited by Snicolette - March 11 2019 at 06:20
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 06:19
3/11/19 

I know it seems like a lot, I'm sure that there will be a lull at some point, but for now, I have some more news and a review to share with everyone.

This review came in to me while I was listening to Light Without Heat yesterday, if you missed that show, you can access it via the link I will post at the end.  "The Keys," from A Quail's House was featured, along with some other very tasty progressive music from recent releases to classics.

Also, since the music was featured on Friday Night Progressive on Friday, as of this am, Tom's website has doubled in visits since Friday.

Link to Light Without Heat to listen to the March 10th (The Keys) and March 17th shows (suprise playing of "Travels (Pt 3)," on March 17, both from A Quail's House:

https://www.spreaker.com/show/light_without_heat

Link to review:

Edited by Snicolette - March 18 2019 at 08:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 19:14
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the Advanced Notice In Appropriate Time Dept! 

Our favourite Martian will be featured on The Seventh House on houseofprog.com on Monday, March 18, at 5PM-8:30PM Left Coast Time...I will send a reminder around on Monday morning.  

See details below:

This week in the Seventh House: New music from Electric Asturias, Devin Townsend, Tom Kelly, and the Mute Gods. We will open our eyes, with Jadis the Nazz and Yes (as the tradition continues...). Some Canadian progressive music from Mystery and Saga. Music also from Howard Jones and Robin Boult (since the DJ is seeing them this week, along with Nick Beggs). We also going to throw in some Gleb Kolydin, Dave Matthews Band, MoeTar, Bader Nana, Umphery's McGee and Tears for Fears. We'll wrap things up with Masheen Messiah, and start things off with a double shot from Salem Hill.

Lots of great music this week, and a DJ who is a new sensation. It's the Seventh House. The best kept secret on Internet Radio.

The Seventh House. Monday. 8:00p- 10:30p Eastern US. Tune in and become one of the Chosen.

www.houseofprog.com
tunein.com/radio/House-of-Prog-s232964

You can also listen to the Seventh House here:

Winamp, iTunes 
http://209.95.50.189:2199/tunein/houseofprog.pls

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 06:36
Attention Hamerheads: From the So Lovely When There Is Advance Notice Dept: Tom's music is being featured for almost an entire HOUR on Rick Dashiell's Rickter Scale radio program on Tuesday, March 26th from 9AM until Noon, and repeating on Wednesday, March 27th from 4PM until 7PM, all Left Coast times. I am extremely honoured and know that Tom would be, too. 

Also, tonight on 7th House on House of Prog, Steve Swayne will be playing Tom's music for the second time on this varied offering of Progressive and other thoughtful forays into similar territory.

Lastly, there was another Martian sighting on Stuffer White's Light Without Heat show last night.  This time the Dedication portion of A Book Wife's Dream of Her Own Imposter from Spinning Through Eternity was played near the closing of the show.

Links to all follow:

Monday Night, Steve Swayne's 7th House show, 5PM to 8PM Left Coast Time:

Tuesday Daytime, Rick Dashiell's Rickter Scale Show, 9AM to Noon Left Coast Time
Repeats Wednesday Afternoon, March 27th from 4PM to 7PM Left Coast Time:
https://www.rickterscalerockradio.com/this-week?fbclid=IwAR0iNeswaDXyR3mj1PjgJRKJQCRNWuevX6aGP_4ccgnTtN6wxin0_y7frq0

Played Sunday, available as a podcast, Stuffer White's Light Without Heat Show on Spreaker....regular live showtime is 4PM to 7PM Left Coast Time

Edited by Snicolette - March 25 2019 at 06:38
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 06:47
Greetings Hamerheads: From The I Love It When I Get Advance Notice Dept: 

Just announced, please check in to Rick Dashiell's show, lots of fine music, including Tom Kelly's, coming up on Tuesday (9 April) , 9AM to Noon, repeated on Wednesday (10 April), 4PM to 7PM, both Left Coast times.

http://deliciousagony.com

Also, some of Tom's music will be featured on Stephen Speelman's Friday Night Progressive show, on Friday (12 April), from 6PM to 8PM (Left Coast time again).

Also had a surprise airing of "Nothing Ends, Nothing Begins," on Stuffer White's show, Light Without Heat yesterday, and on Thursday, 28 March, Alex Cruzeta played "Catherine," on what was a "rogue show," for him, his regular slot on Deep Nuggets Radio is on Mondays from 5PM until whenever (LC time, of course).  

Continuing airplay on Aural Moon Radio, via regular rotation and requests here and there...

Will keep anyone interested updated as any more news comes my way.

Edited by Snicolette - April 12 2019 at 16:55
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 12:11
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

You're always welcome Smile

(to my surprise  I could not delete my own post - something I never did before but thought it might be possible)

You can only delete a post as long as no-one has answered to it yet.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 07:56
Greetings Hamerheads: Reminder From The I Love It When I Get Advance Notice Dept: 

Some of Tom's music will be featured tonight, Friday, 12 April, on Stephen Speelman's Friday Night Progressive radio show, from 6PM to 8PM, Left Coast Time, along with several other fine prog and related artists.

Edited by Snicolette - April 12 2019 at 16:56
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 06:46
Attention Hamerheads: From the A Couple of Little Birds Flew By and Told Me Dept:

Tom's music will show up somewhere in the Monday Night Chemistry sets tonight, Monday, April 15. Alex Cruzeta plays a wide variety of music, you might think you've stepped back in time to 1975-ish, as there will usually be smatterings of psych, rock from all eras and blues along with a big splash of progressive music, from the past, present and future. 
Monday Night Chemistry sets starts at 5PM Left Coast terrestrial time and goes until whenever Alex decides.

http://deepnuggets.com/

Also, on Saturday, April 20, Julie Sanchez returns to new programs on her Prog Rock Nation terrestrial radio show on KTAL, out of Las Cruces, New Mexico. She intends to include Tom amongst the other offerings of her spin on progressive, which includes the classics as well as new material and also prog related music from an extended palette. Prog Rock Nation airs from 7PM until 10PM Left Coast time on KTAL community radio.

https://www.lccommunityradio.org/

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 06:45
Attention Hamerheads: From the Curiously Auspicious Date Dept: Tom's music will be featured on the time-honoured Eurock hour on HiLo Radio this evening, Friday, April 19th from 7PM to 8PM Left Coast Time. Tom's birthday was the 18th, our 5th wedding anniversary is Friday. Join in and listen to the Burnt Peas Suite, played as an extended piece, as it was meant to be played.

MFATW Program #218 ELECTRONIC ROCK

F. Robert Lloyd - Tom Kelly - Cool Feedback Quartet
Friday 7PM (Pacific Time) 10PM (Eastern Time USA)
Sunday 3PM (Pacific Time), 6PM (Eastern Time USA)
http://www.hiloradio.com/Eurock/

This Week I'll feature a double dose of Electronic Rock music combining styles, instruments and inspiration that encompass amazingly diverse musical reference points. The program begins with an incredible virtuoso guitar interpretation by F. Robert Lloyd (of Cool Feedback Quartet) of a Celtic Folk classic "Song With No Name" by former Pogues front man Shane MacGowan. The Cool Feedback Quartet's 2nd album from France picks up on the vibe of This Heat, but takes it one step further as their new album which also features Gilbert Artman of Urban Sax and legendary French Jazz pioneer Jac Berrocal. The late Tom Kelly recorded three masterpiece albums that combined every imaginable style of music to create a completely unique musical amalgam of electronics symphonic fusion that transcends any style or genre. I'll feature his extended "Burnt Peas Suite" masterwork from the first of his three albums that were released posthumously in 2017. They document the amazing music of Tom who sadly passed away too soon.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 06:25
Greetings Hamerheads:

From the Just When You Thought You Had Seen The Last One Of These Posts Department:  An update on some radio programming featuring Tom Kelly’s music follows.

I will start with the future first, as it is the most important update.  Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21 from 11AM until 1PM US West Coast time, all the way from England, a piece from Spinning Through Eternity will appear on Bob Prigmore's Prog Rock Tunesday show on progrock.com.  Bob's show is fairly new to progrock.com, he also has a couple of shows on Beat Route Radio.  Progrock's chat room has friendly visitors from all over the world.  Please come and join us for the listen and chat, if you can.

News - PROGROCK.COM

News - PROGROCK.COM

Welcome to the NEW ProgRock.com website! YOUR TICKET TO THE BEST PROGRESSIVE ROCK

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago, Tom's been played on Alex Cruzeta's Chemistry Sets on Deep Nuggets Radio, Stuffer White's Light Without Heat on Spreaker and he is also still on rotation at Aural Moon radio

Links to these three stations/shows are at the bottom.  

It also was brought to my attention that Tom was not properly added to Spotify, as was supposed to have happened....Thanks to the generous help of a friend in the prog community, I was able to correct this.  Now, all of his music is available there for you Spotify users. 

Here is the link to Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12B8VWiH5wY4QoXHMCkIGc?si=aAlS_Dj3SVKytPG4lZBzFA&fbclid=IwAR0acjinZbHO_jliqJGdktiWiUMf_LM2U0gE6YRi0oOfOdHo3_z7ZpEPMgE

Website and CD Baby Links:

https://tomkelly.hearnow.com/

https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/TomKelly1

Links to additional shows and stations:

http://www.deepnuggets.com/#Header

https://www.spreaker.com/show/light_without_heat

http://auralmoon.com//

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2019 at 07:34
Greetings Hamerheads:

From the late Thursday Night Edition of Martian Sightings and Earwaves Fine Tuning Departments: Not one, not two, but three parts of Travels from A Quail's House by Tom Kelly are featured on Prog Archives member, Jules' ProgKast # 36, just uploaded, for your listening pleasure amongst many other fine artists.

Relevant links to Tom's music for those interested: 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>