Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Kelly Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2019 at 07:51
Greetings Hamerheads:

I'm very excited to bring attention to the first reviews of Tom's music here at ProgArchives.  Kev Rowland has kindly spent his time listening to the three CD's and posted his thoughts on Tom and his music.  I link them all below and want to add that I'm very grateful and honoured that he was so pleased with the recordings.  Links to his music are also added below.

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2019 at 19:48
Greetings Hamerheads:

From the I Love It When I Get Some Advance Notice Department:

Tom Kelly music will appear on the Terrestrial Radio show, Prog Rock Nation, which airs on KTAL community radio from Las Cruces, NM.....Tonight (Saturday, July 27) from 7PM until 9PM PST.  Please give the show a listen if you get a chance, there are many other fine artists sharing the bill, some are classics, some are new on the scene.  Julie always puts together a well-thought out show, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  This show is also broadcast from Capital Rock Radio in Melbourne, Australia on Friday nights and Saturday mornings.

On another note, Tom has also appeared on another terrestrial show, earlier this month, Geo Warner played "A Slight Overture," on his Music for All Occasions show, which is on KSQD out of Santa Cruz, CA every Tuesday from 1-3PM PST.  He presents quite the eclectic show, so check out his show as well, lots of jazz and prog and world music as well as classics from all eras.

Since the Kev Rowland review that was published on July 6, Tom's listenership has increased exponentially.  He has been listened to via the various streaming services in 10 different countries, and 21 different cities.  I realize streaming is not a lot of money, but it's here and does what I most want to accomplish, bring Tom's music to appreciative ears.

Link to KTAL Community Radio for the Prog Rock Nation Show:  

Link to Kev Rowland's ProgArchives Reviews and other relevant links below:

Edited by Snicolette - July 27 2019 at 17:44
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 12:36
Greetings, Hamerheads:

SHHHHHHHHH    Surprise Feature Announcement

Just informed this morning that one of Tom's Suites will be featured in it's entirety tonight (July 29) during "The Prog Hour," portion of Alex Cruzeta's "Monday Night Chemistry Sets," on Deep Nuggets radio.  Close to 30 minutes of Tom on one show...wow.  

Alex's show begins at 5PM PST, his Prog Hour will begin at 6PM PST.  If you've not tuned in to Alex's show before, he does what I have so far discovered to be the most like FM radio during the late 60's and early 70's....lots of rock of various stripes, as well as the Prog Hour, just music he enjoys from all eras to the present.  He has a vast knowledge of music and will discuss the music as well, reminding me so much of the venerable DJs.  

This is a special show for Alex, as well, it is the first of his 6th year at the station and he is saluting "new friends and music," as his show last week did the same for older friends, being his last show of his 5th year.

Link to Deep Nuggets:

Edited by Snicolette - July 29 2019 at 15:52
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 09:55
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the Saturday Last Minute Update Just In Time, Well A Little Leeway, But You Get It Department:

I just discovered that some of Tom's music will be featured during Larne's Finest Show on Prog Alley today.  This begins at 1PM PST until whenever he's done, I think it's 3 hours, usually...This show comes to you from Germany, lots of nice people attend the chat if you're interested.

In other news, Tom's music has been played a LOT this last week or so.  Aural Moon has played his music in rotation 4 times, plus a request was entered some other appearances have been on Geo Warner's, "Music for All Occasions," on KSQD, Santa Cruz, CA; Prog Rock Nation on KTAL, Las Cruces, NM; Alex Cruzeta's, "Monday Chemistry Sets on Deep Nuggets (honoured Tom with the entire Burnt Peas Suite); Stuffer White's "Light Without Heat," on Spreaker; and our friend of today, Larne Peters, debuted Parts 1 & 2 of Burnt Peas last weekend on his show.  

Listenership keeps growing and we've had some order of the music this past week, no doubt due to the increased interest and airplay.  Kev Rowland's reviews also hit Progressor.net, in Uzbekistan....Seriously!  

Links are below to all of these sites and to Tom related sites otherwise.

ksqd.org | Community Radio for the Central Coast

Las Cruces Community Radio 101.5 FM

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 15:50
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the, "But Wait, There's More," Department:

Steven Davies-Morris has informed me that Tom's music will be featured on his, "Through The Looking Glass," show on Deep Nuggets tonight, Weds August 21, show begins at 5PM PST....I understand that "Burnt Peas," will show up at the beginning of "the third hour," although I first heard 7PM....regardless, listen to as much as you can, his shows are really fun and cover a broad spectrum of music, including a progressive segment....Here is a link to Deep Nuggets:

Edited by Snicolette - August 21 2019 at 16:12
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2019 at 09:41
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the News from Yesterday plus News of the Future Department, there is more to impart regarding upcoming and past musical sightings (if indeed music can be "sighted," guess so, if one can sight read?)....

Most soonest and good news it is indeed, Tom's music will be played during Kev Slaymaker's 300th Anniversary show on CRMK UK radio show, "Between 2 Worlds," today, Monday, August 26, from noon until 3PM PST....as his show is usually themed taking a subject and then presenting progressive music on that theme (hence, the title of the show), I can't help but speculate how he will fit Tom's music in and what theme it will be....tune in today and find out!

Also, we have found a particular champion of Tom's music in Germany, Larne Peterson on Prog Alley radio on Saturdays.  Larne's show begins at 1PM PST and continues until he's darn good and ready to finish, usually 3 to 4 hours.  This was the third time in a row that he featured Tom, airing "Nothing Ends, Nothing Begins," "Fugue in B Minor," and "God & The Flatlanders," from Burnt Peas yesterday....and he gave me advance notice that this week, on Saturday, August 31, there will be more, will send a reminder about and perhaps another email, if other news warrants it later in the week.

Other plays and news are that the "prog single," of the Burnt Peas Suite was featured on Steven Davies-Morris's fine Deep Nuggets radio show on August 21st...Two hosts (Steven as well as Alex Cruzeta) on Deep Nuggets now have been very supportive of Hamer's music, check into their shows sometime, they both do a lot of rock as well as progressive segments in their weekly slots.  Both Steven's and Alex's shows begin at 5PM PST, Steven's on Wednesdays and Alex's on Mondays.  It is thanks to them that the idea of the "prog single," was hatched and there will be more news forthcoming on that in the near future as well....http://www.deepnuggets.com/#Header

Edited by Snicolette - August 26 2019 at 07:48
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2019 at 07:39
Greetings from Mars, Hamerheads:

Another missive today with some information regarding some appearances upcoming of Tom Kelly music on internet radio....

Today (31 August) on Prog Alley, Larne Peters will be bringing more of Tom's music to light during his weekly show, "Larne's Finest." Begins at 1PM PST and goes until Larne is darne good and ready to say goodnight....he is in Germany, so it's the wee hours for him when he is done.  Home of Ancient, Modern and Future Progressive Rock Music

Also just received word that something from "A Quail's House," will appear on the Progzilla show, "The Prog Mill," presented by Shaun Geraghty.  This is the debut for Tom on Progzilla, so very happy to hear that this show is taking him on.  Please tune in live to The Prog Mill tomorrow, Sunday 1 Sept, beginning at 2PM PST, sometime during the 2nd hour is when Tom is slated, per the host.  This show is repeated on Monday 7PM, Tuesday at 3PM and Saturday at 10AM, all times PST.  Progzilla Radio

Lastly, a quick note, regarding airplay this week, Kev Slaymaker debuted Tom on his CRMK show, "Between Two Worlds."  This was a non-themed show, no theme being the theme, but there were themes within the show, "Spinning Through Eternity," was featured with a lovely intro by Kev, hope you were able to tune in and hear that.  Kev also said he will be playing more Tom music in future.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2019 at 08:23
Attention Hamerheads: Remember yesterday? Of course you don't, so here is a reminder that something from "A Quail's House," will appear on the Progzilla show, "The Prog Mill," presented by Shaun Geraghty, today, beginning at 2PM PST. This is the debut for Tom on Progzilla, so very happy to hear that this show is taking him on. Sometime during the 2nd hour is when Tom is slated, per the host, but the show is well worth starting at the top. This show is repeated on Monday 7PM, Tuesday at 3PM and Saturday at 10AM, all times PST. http://www.progzilla.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2019 at 07:18
Greetings from Mars:

From the Awoke To Good News This Morning and Just In Time, Too Dept:

Kev Slaymaker, creator of the weekly Between Two Worlds show on CRMK radio will be playing something of Tom's today during his show with the theme of the 353rd anniversary of The Great Fire of London, very appropriate that he should choose something by our favourite Martian for a fire theme.  Show airs today from Noon until 3PM PST on CRMK, as aforementioned.   Kev's show is always well-thought out and he supplies some great information about the chosen theme. 

In news of recent airplay, on Saturday, 31 August, Larne Peters featured 3 from Burnt Peas, Staring It In The Face, Parts 1 & 2 and Love IS Money on his Larne's Finest show on Prog Alley and Tom debuted on Progzilla Radio on The Prog Mill show, hosted by Shaun Geraghty, he chose The Wayfarer, Part 1 from A Quail's House yesterday, 1 September.  Links to follow.  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 11:48
Attention Hamerheads: Yet another from the Just In Time Dept: Larne Peter's fine show on Prog Alley, looks to be playing more Tom Kelly music today beginning at 1PM PST until whenever, usually about 4 hours....Details follow: Today 10 pm (UK 9, utc+2), www.progalley.eu, As usual we'll have a chatroom available at: http://www.chatzy.com/69011451112687

Tom music was also played on Between Two Worlds on CRMK Radio during their 2 Sept show with the theme of the anniversary of the 1666 Great Fire of London. Kev Slaymaker chose, appropriately, "The Tolling of St. John's Bells, " from the Burnt Peas (also appropo) release.

Also, the Suites have been compiled into single "song," components, for ease of US Internet airplay.  Steven Davies-Morris debuted "The Bookwife Suite," on his fine Deep Nuggets show, Through the Looking Glass, on 4 Sept.  http://www.deepnuggets.com/

Links to Kev Rowland's Prog Archives reviews:

Relevant links to Tom's music for those interested:

Website and CD Baby Links:

https://tomkelly.hearnow.com/

https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/TomKelly1

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12B8VWiH5wY4QoXHMCkIGc?si=aAlS_Dj3SVKytPG4lZBzFA&fbclid=IwAR0acjinZbHO_jliqJGdktiWiUMf_LM2U0gE6YRi0oOfOdHo3_z7ZpEPMgE

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2019 at 08:36
Greetings, Hamerheads:

Direct from suddenly soggy Oregon, word has come to me from the Advance Notice of a Suite Debut of Tom Kelly Music Department.

We have two champions to add to the fold, Alex Cruzeta and Steven Davies-Morris, both with shows on Deep Nuggets Radio.  Alex contacted me last night to let me know that he will be debuting one of the 3 suites from A Quail's House tonight 9 Sept, on his Monday Chemistry Sets Show, which begins at 5PM PST.  Usually his Prog Hour is the second hour, but that is not always the case. http://www.deepnuggets.com/

As you know Steven debuted the entire Book Wife Suite last week on his Through the Looking Glass show.  It seems that their idea of compiling the suites as one piece is a welcome addition to their selections, and other hosts have let me know that they will be rolling them out in the near future.  

Our other frequent player mention goes to Larne Peters, of Larne's Finest on Prog Alley, out of Germany.  Larne chose three pieces from A Quail's House and also from Spinning Through Eternity, this Saturday past, 7 Sept.; first, West Fork, followed by Remains of Childhood Lost and then completed with the spooky East Fork.http://progalley.eu/

Give a listen if you can this evening, Alex is fun to listen to, he plays a wide variety of rock, with his NYC roots, you never know what to expect entirely, other than that it will be a fun evening and Alex is always entertaining and informative when he is speaking about what his choices are.

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12B8VWiH5wY4QoXHMCkIGc?si=aAlS_Dj3SVKytPG4lZBzFA&fbclid=IwAR0acjinZbHO_jliqJGdktiWiUMf_LM2U0gE6YRi0oOfOdHo3_z7ZpEPMgE

Edited by Snicolette - September 09 2019 at 08:52
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 11:30
Greetings from Mars, Hamerheads:  I know you probably don't remember yesterday, so here is a reminder:

Yes, it's true, more from the Continuing Expansion of Martian Music on the Netwaves Dept:

Emma Roebuck's fine show on Progzilla Radio is going to debut Tom's music on the Northern Star, today, Thursday, 19 September from Noon until 3PM.  This will be the second hearing on Progzilla, very excited, as this is a fun show with a very interactive chat...and, to my knowledge anyway, Progzilla is the largest of the UK progressive stations....Tune in and hear Emma's particular take on progressive music if you get a chance.

http://www.progzilla.com

Airplay since I last updated you has been on 9 September, Alex Cruzeta featured The Travels Suite from A Quail's House on his Monday Chemistry Sets show; on 10 September, Geo Warner at KSQD in Santa Cruz played Staring It In The Face, Part 2 on Music For All Occasions; 12 September, Julie Sanchez aired The Fork on Progwave Radio, also out of the UK, a repeat of her show, Prog Rock Nation, which aired earlier this year KTAL Las Cruces Community Radio and also on Capital Rock Radio in Australia; on 15 September, Stuffer White played The Keys on his Light Without Heat Show on Spreaker and lastly, but not leastly, Aural Moon aired Sloppy Love at Bodie Flats, also on 15 September.

Thank you to all who have listened and checked out Tom's music...Links to follow include Kev Rowlands reviews here and to places to hear/purchase Tom's music outside of the shows that have been so kind to not only debut, but continue to play it.

Spotify:

Edited by Snicolette - September 19 2019 at 10:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2019 at 08:49

Greetings from Mars:

From The Is The Moon Merely A Launching Pad to Mars? I Beg To Differ Dept:

As I was greeted this morning by news of more airplay (well, netplay?  I don't know what the common parlance is for certain these days) anyway, more Tom Kelly music being generously shared by "radio," hosts, and today being the day, here is another of these from me to you.

Now that you are probably dying of curiousity for me to finally get to the point, our wonderful German friend, Larne Peters, is going to be playing something on his Larne's Finest show on Prog Alley today.  Begins at 1PM PST and goes until about 5PM PST, often Tom has shown up after his midnight (Larne’s time) tolling of the bells, but you never know.  There is a lovely little chat room that he has as well, join us if you have some free time (chatzy.com, search for Larne's Finest).

http://progalley.eu/

In other news, this past week has seen 3 appearances of Martian Music, two were on 18 September, Steven Davies-Morris featured the entire 3 suites from A Quail's House on Through the Looking Glass on Deep Nuggets and Chapter 1 : A Book Wife, was played on Aural Moon the same date.

Also, as prophesied, Emma Roebuck premiered the title track from Spinning Through Eternity on the Progzilla Northern Star show, the chat room experienced a pleasant explosion, with another visiting host keen on playing Tom's music as well, he described the music as "crackin!"  Emoji  Emma will also be playing more in the future, I have no doubt.

This upcoming week will mark one trip around the sun since the music was released.  

Thank you to all who have listened and checked out Tom's music...Links to follow include Kev Rowlands reviews here and to places to hear/purchase Tom's music outside of the shows that have been so kind to not only debut, but continue to play it.

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2019 at 09:12
Greetings from Mars: 

From The Wow! This Keeps Happening Dept:

Our friend, Larne Peters, has decided to once again play some Tom Kelly music on his show today, Saturday, 28 September, on Prog Alley. Won't you tune in and listen? He's also playing lots of other great music, always does....Nice chat room as well. 1PM until usually about 5PM, PST.

Also, I have heard from a trusted source that there will be more music of Tom's played on The Monday Chemistry Sets on, you guessed it, folks, Monday, 30 September, in honour of the year anniversary of the release of the 3 CD's.  Alex Cruzeta hosts (and is a kick to listen to), the prog hour is usually the second hour.  This is on 5PM until usually 9PM PST, on Deep Nuggets radio.

http://www.deepnuggets.com

Other airplay this week has been on 21 September, Larne spun, appropriately, "Spinning Through Eternity," on Prog Alley and Aural Moon Radio played the eerie, "East Fork," on the same date, just a little earlier in the day.

http://auralmoon.com//

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2019 at 15:49
Greetings, Hamerheads:  I know for certain that you don't remember two days ago, so here is a friendly reminder for you...I have heard from a trusted source that there will be more music of Tom's played on The Monday Chemistry Sets on, you guessed it, folks, Monday, 30 September, in honour of the year anniversary of the release of the 3 CD's.  Alex Cruzeta hosts (and is a kick to listen to), the prog hour is usually the second hour.  This is on 5PM until usually 9PM PST, on Deep Nuggets radio.
http://www.deepnuggets.com

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 09:13

The last weeks seemed a little slow for airplay, however, there are several progressive festivals and such that have been taking the various hosts away from their normal duties, both in the US and the UK.  I am happy to let you know that today that is changing, Tom's music is set once again to play for our enjoyment....

Larne Peters was out and about and has returned to let me know that today, Saturday, 12 October, he will be playing some of Tom's music.  His show is on Prog Alley, is called "Larne's Finest," and has a friendly chat with folks from all over the world stopping in.  Link to Prog Alley is here, show begins at 1PM and runs as long as until 5PM PST.

Previous to this, Larne also played, "A Bookwife:Dedication," on 28 September and Alex Cruzeta kindly memorialized Tom on his 30 September show, in honour of the first anniversary of "Spinning Through Eternity's," release, by playing the opening track from the same on his Monday Chemistry Sets show on Deep Nuggets radio.

Thirdly, I have no confirmation that Tom will be heard, however, this show is only once monthly and the host was very keen to have the music after he heard it on another show.  I listened to a podcast of a previous show and it was very well done....This is Steve Petch's show (The Progmeister) on Progzilla, which will air tomorrow, Sunday, 13 October at 10AM until Noon PST.

I do also have all of the suites available as "single," pieces for airplay, for any hosts who may be interested, as well as, of course, those who don't already have the entire collection.

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2019 at 15:46

From The Just In Time to Make a Rapid Announcement re Airplay Dept:

Steven Davies-Morris just informed me that tonight on his 6th Anniversary Through the Looking Glass show on Deep Nuggets radio, Tom's music will be played as representative of some of his newer choices, he will also revisit every act he played on his first show.  He doesn't have a set progressive time, but usually it's within the first two hours somewhere.  This show begins at 5PM until 9PM PST.  Here is the link:  http://deepnuggets.com

Other airplay since I last updated you was on 12 October, Larne Peters played The Bend - Waltz in E Major from A Quail's House on his Larne's Finest show from Germany on Prog Alley; and The Progmeister, Steve Petch did indeed debut A Book Wife's Dream - Dedication on his monthly show on Progzilla.  Link to that podcast next, with a link to Prog Alley after that:

http://www.progzilla.com/23131-2/

I do also have all of the suites available as "single," pieces for airplay, for any hosts who may be interested, as well as, of course, those who don't already have the entire collection.

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2019 at 08:11
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the It's High Time for Tea Department:  Today, 16 December, on the Between Two Worlds show on CRMK radio from the (still, at least as of this writing) United Kingdom, Kev Slaymaker will be playing something by Tom Kelly.  This time with a TEA theme the show airs from Noon until 3PM PT.  Link to the show:  https://crmk.co.uk/between-two-worlds/

Airplay since the last time there was any significant news is that on 23 October, on Steven Davies-Morris' Through the Looking Glass 6th Anniversary show on Deep Nuggets Radio, he played a 3 piece feature of Tom's music, including Sleepy Love at Bodie Flats, The Tolling of St John's Bells and Spinning Through Eternity.  

Kev Slaymaker also played The Bend on his Between Two Worlds CRMK show on 28 October, which had an Oregon theme, The Bend representing the town of Bend, OR.

Other random airplay has been continued surfacing on Aural Moon Radio and also Delicious Agony Radio apparently now has him on rotation as well....a friend alerted me to his being played on 25 November.

Also, a 5 star review of Burnt Peas was penned by Olav Martin Björnsen on another site, he granted 4 stars to A Quail’s House and am awaiting his take on Spinning Through Eternity.  Unsure if it's kosher to link to the site here, but am sure that many of you know of him.

It really means a lot to have such great reviews coming out and also that some of the hosts are taken enough with the music to return to it several times.  There is always a spike in listenership on streaming services and sales when this happens, so it's greatly appreciated.  Please do give a listen to those stations/hosts that have shown continued support, if you have the chance.

Spotify:

Edited by Snicolette - December 16 2019 at 09:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2019 at 09:48
Greetings Hamerheads:  

From the Rare Radio Appearance Last Minute Department of Announcements Department: 

Very excited to announce that this evening, 16 December, on Alex Cruzeta's Monday Chemistry Sets show on Deep Nuggets radio, two rare and unreleased pieces of music by Mistress Quickly will be showcased.

For those who have noticed there is very little percussion on his solo recordings, you will now hear how his music sounded with real drums and one fantastic drummer behind the kit.

Mistress Quickly was Tom's most long-lived band, a tight-knit group of friends and one wild brother of a drummer, that narrowly missed being signed to a label near the end of the first wave of progressive music.  This was recorded in 1976, remixed by Bob Higgins in 2004 and released as the two favourites of those sessions on the memorial CD that started me on this journey of releasing everything I had that I knew Tom approved of, of his solo works.

I had gifted Alex with one, as he continued to support the music and spread the word about it with other hosts on Deep Nuggets and late yesterday, he approached me about playing it during their fund raising week.  Everyone agreed that they didn't mind and here we are.

That all being said, please give a listen to Alex's show tonight, it begins at 5PM PT and usually goes until about 9PM PT, usually the Prog Hour is the second hour in, but not always, so keep an ear tuned from the start.  http://deepnuggets.com/

Spotify:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2019 at 08:54
Greetings, Hamerheads:

From the Upcoming Airplay During Fundraiser Drive Department:

A selection from Burnt Peas will be hitting the netwaves during Alex Cruzeta's show tonight,23 December, as Deep Nuggets begins their annual fund raising drive from 5PM to 9PM PT.  Deep Nuggets link:  http://deepnuggets.com/

Also last week on the CRMK terrestrial radio show Between Two Worlds, Kev Slaymaker featured Tom's extended piece, "Catherine," from Spinning Through Eternity during his show themed around tea.  What does Catherine have to do with tea?  It was Catherine de Braganza (wife of King Charles II) who started the custom of teatime in the afternoon during the 1660's.

Tom Kelly's music continues to appear on rotation on Aural Moon radio, this past week, both The Burnt Peas Finale and Spinning Through Eternity appeared there.  

There will be some more news later this week as well.  Thank you to all who have listened and continue to do so.  Related links to follow.

Spotify:

Edited by Snicolette - December 23 2019 at 16:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>