Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OUT NOW - The story of the Schizoid Man !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUT NOW - The story of the Schizoid Man !
    Posted: July 29 2019 at 09:07
KC reveals it all HERE

Good reading - enjoy !

Edited by Quinino - July 31 2019 at 04:00
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 01:28
Excellent link and info, thank you!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 05:41
Out NOW? Published in April.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 05:58
Interesting read. Thank you very much.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 16:04
Yep very interesting . 

Apparently Greg Lake only got into the band because Fripp wanted a good looking front man … and man he was good looking going by the band photo in the article!

I do like this quote

Greg Lake: “It fired the starting pistol on progressive rock… I think there were other bands that you could also credit with bringing about a new attitude in music: Pink Floyd were one band that brought new stuff along. So I wouldn’t say Crimson were the only band to bring new things along, but we were certainly fundamental and important in the progressive movement. The album provoked a lot of changes.” 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 17:25
These stories are brilliant, nothing like this happens anymore with music today. You could write a book just about the album cover and how it came to be.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 09:49
Hi,

Now if we could take some of those comments (including RF saying that KC is not "progressive" ... hahaha!) and clean up the "reviews" that this album has on PA that destroy the idea of the value of this album ... then we will be getting somewhere!

It was a valuable moment ... at a great time ... and lately, I have been listening to Ginsburg go around London and doing the music thing with PF and SM and others where they all lived, ate, slept and all that, and somehow, all of a sudden the words of "I talk to the Wind" stand up even taller, even if they are much simpler than most poetry, but still as valuable. 

It's a funny thing ... if you read Ginsburg, it does not click ... as well and loudly as he does when you hear him read his own poetry, when all of a sudden there is fire and ice flying all over the words in your imagination ... some of it, you can catch in that "Tonite We All Love in London" ... but progressive folks don't usually like to compare to other arts ... to see where some inspiration lies ... you don't think a Ginsburg would not be at Hyde Park at the time? Look at all the A list'rs on that film, and you know they all were there! Sadly ... it means nothing to most single lovers and top ten folks! Time is a waste! Ashes to ashes and dust to dust ... screw the rest!

Edited by moshkito - August 01 2019 at 08:02
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply