Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [30.77%]
6 [46.15%]
3 [23.08%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uriah Heep ,Byron's last 3.
    Posted: August 10 2019 at 16:06
For many, the beginning of the end.
To me Wonderworld is a killer album.Fantasy had some great tracks and High and,...eh,not much.
Saw them on the Sweet Freedom tour and it was amazing.Again on Fantasy tour and it was almost sad.
After Fantasy i was out.
By the way.Have had Heep on shuffle all day long.Lots of great tracks.

Edited by gr8dane - August 10 2019 at 16:08
Shake & bake.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 16:43
Wonderworld, followed by High and Mighty.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 05:57
I found Wonderworld and Return To Fantasy to be very disappointing. High and Mighty does feature John Wetton and is more consistent if not quite brilliant. When '70s hard rock became tepid...
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 00:10
I'm a big fan of the band, a plus on Wonderworld, but Return to fantasy is also ok for me, even High and mighty has some good moments overall
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 19:36
I've always been a big fan of Return to Fantasy
Libor10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libor10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2019 at 03:23
High and Mighty for me. Wetton is plus in UH formation there and first two tracks are great (I love especially Wetton's Weep In Silece for its almost cinematic atmosphere). Only graphics of HaM cover have always made me cringe... One of UH worst cover art (together with band in red mist on Sweet Freedom) - fie.
Wonderworld is IMO weak record so from these three is surely on the third place, Return To Fantasy is ok and it's second. Btw both cover arts of these two ones are much much better than HaM :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply