Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iron Maiden~Legacy of the Beast 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iron Maiden~Legacy of the Beast 2019
    Posted: September 08 2019 at 15:11
This past Thursday had the pleasure of seeing Iron Maiden Legacy Of the Beast Tour, this is my 6th time seeing Iron Maiden and clearly from a visual perspective it was the best show they have put on. Musically the setlist was killer, simply an onslaught of metal goodness one after the other.
Bruce sounded rather good, sure there are some high notes he cannot hit anymore, but overall he did an excellent job. Nicko was on fire behind the kit.....It took 2 songs for the band to really gel, after that it was classic Maiden all night long.

For me, now that Rush have retired from touring (and as a band), there is only Iron Maiden left that is putting on these massive stage shows with everything from lights, pyro, props and such. It makes ticket prices worth it, compared to just a band playing on stage. 

It was an awesome night......see them again I am sure in a couple of years.

Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 17:06
Yeah, too bad the tour was so limited in it's US stops.  No real opportunity for me to see them, which is a shame because, as you say, it's a killer show, and it may be the last opportunity.  

And I hear you regarding Nicko.  He's amazing, and a huge part of what makes Maiden special.  If anyone ever does one of those "most underrated" threads for drummers, I'm going in with McBrain for sure.  
 Post Reply Post Reply