Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sonos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ottmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sonos
    Posted: September 24 2019 at 04:54
Any other Sonos fans out there?

Because I move around a bit I long ago converted to digital audio and unloaded all (most) of my record/CD collection.

I have two Sonos 5s (2nd generation) set up as a stereo pair and a Sonos sub-woofer. I've installed a Sonos Boost which creates a separate mesh network from your normal home wifi network, enhancing connectivity.

The speakers are up on Flexon stands, which position the speakers at about ear level when one is sitting.

I do have a few vinyl records I'm reluctant to sell - for economic and sentimental reasons so I bought a Flexson VinylPlay (which is a re-badged Rega Planar 1 with an added phono pre-amp) which connects to the Sonos 5s.

My media is stored on a Synology DS1513+ with 20+ TB of storage. Most of the audio is in FLAC format - about 10% is 320 mp3s.

A major plus is being able to change the music from the comfort of my chair via a tablet or smartphone.

To my 67 year old ears it sounds great. I compare the system happily to be as listenable as my old Linn Sondek, Quad and Tannoy setup of yore.

https://www.sonos.com/

Post Reply Post Reply