Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Epignosis - A Month of Sundays

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song did you like the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Epignosis - A Month of Sundays
    Posted: October 17 2019 at 19:59
I released an album back in April, and remembered now how a long time ago when I would put something out there I'd make a little poll here.  It slipped my mind to do so until now. 

You can listen for free.  It'd be cool to know which of the seven newest tracks was most favored.  Beer

Edited by Epignosis - October 22 2019 at 21:15
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 22:18
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 22:38
I didn't comment in that earlier non-poll topic.

I'm voting for "In Season and Out of Season" as I like a certain vibe, on second thought, "A Month of Sundays".

Edited by Logan - October 17 2019 at 22:41
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 23:57
Just listened to the whole album, good job! Very folk prog I would say(soothing voices and overall relaxing vibe to it). My favorites were One Coin, Glass Cannon Symphony, and In Season and Out of Season. Voted for One Coin.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 08:16
First of all, let me congratulate you for your album. I like it very much. One Coin takes my vote, but the rest are all beautiful melodies.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 21:10
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I didn't comment in that earlier non-poll topic.

I'm voting for "In Season and Out of Season" as I like a certain vibe, on second thought, "A Month of Sundays".

What made you change your mind?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 21:44
Nothing profound; twas just a feeling. I was undecided betwixt those two to begin with.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 23:03

Nothing profound; twas just a feeling. I was undecided betwixt those two to begin with.

"A Month of Sundays" was the only track I recorded with my late grandfather's guitar.  It's a Yamaha semi-hollowed body with a Bigsby.  Beautiful guitar.  For years it still smelled like him.

Edited by Epignosis - October 18 2019 at 23:04
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 23:30
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

"A Month of Sundays" was the only track I recorded with my late grandfather's guitar.  It's a Yamaha semi-hollowed body with a Bigsby.  Beautiful guitar.  For years it still smelled like him.

Well, I think that's it. Listening again. The guitar is a major component,, beautiful tone and soul. And I really like the whole feel and swing of it. Excellent track.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2019 at 00:22
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

First of all, let me congratulate you for your album. I like it very much. One Coin takes my vote, but the rest are all beautiful melodies.

Thank you.  I appreciate that.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2019 at 21:07
Anyone else willing to listen?  Only two votes is a bit disheartening.  It doesn't take anything but time and willingness.  Beer
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 15:45
I suddenly remembered that I had something to do yet. This album deserves more attention indeed, it is 4.1/5 in my book. Four songs qualify: One Coin, On Your Wedding Day, Glass Cannon Symphony and In Season and Out of Season. The latter gets my vote.

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 08:56
Glass Cannon....liked the guitar .....;good melodies on all the tracks imo  ,and Wedding Day reminded me a bit of Sanguine Hum.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply