Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How would you rank Porcupine Trees 10 albums?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 05:37
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Amazingly, when we go over into the 2020's, Porcupine Tree's music will have spanned five decades, beginning in the late 1980's,  even though I still think of them as a relatively "new" band. Smile

see, posts like these make me think you are a troll.
How can I possibly be a troll when you're the one who follows me around from post to post criticising just about everything I say? Anyway, I don't mind at all, because I'm honoured  to have such a devoted follower who follows me everywhere and reads all of my posts. Thanks! You're one of our most valued PA members who makes being here such a worthwhile experience, and I mean that most sincerely. Wink Heart Smile

I enjoy reading your album reviews too, because I agree with most of what you say. Keep up the good work. Thumbs Up
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 05:52

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Amazingly, when we go over into the 2020's, Porcupine Tree's music will have spanned five decades, beginning in the late 1980's,  even though I still think of them as a relatively "new" band. Smile

How can I possibly be a troll when you're the one who follows me around from post to post criticising just about everything I say? Anyway, I don't mind at all, because I'm honoured  to have such a devoted follower who follows me everywhere and reads all of my posts. Thanks! You're one of our most valued PA members who makes being here such a worthwhile experience, and I mean that most sincerely. Wink Heart Smile

I enjoy reading your album reviews too, because I agree with most of what you say. Keep up the good work. Thumbs Up

don't flatter yourself, your trolish posts bother me, seems not to bother other users who i guess choose to ignore you.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 06:04
^^ Actually, I was trying to flatter you, but it seems my flattery was wasted on you. Wink
That wasn't trolling, that was just me trying to be friendly, although it seems you're unable to tell the difference. LOL

By the way, Cristi, are you old enough to remember who that was in the black & white picture?

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 15 2019 at 06:08
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 06:56
Get a room guys 

When I first got into PT, it was with the later albums. I liked the heavier tone and couldn't really digest the earlier spacier stuff. Then, I listened to the song, The Sky Moves Sideways, and loved it. That led me to appreciate more the earlier albums. The ones that still don't resonate with me are the middle albums but maybe I will come around to those in time. 

Edited by Jeffro - November 15 2019 at 06:58
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 08:49
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by tamijo_II tamijo_II wrote:

1. Deadwing (2005)
2. Signify (1996)
3. Lightbulb Sun (2000)
4. In Absentia (2002)
5. Fear of a Blank Planet (2007)
6. Stupid Dream (1999)
7. The Sky Moves Sideways (1995)
8. Up the Downstairs (1993)
9. The Incident (2009)
10. On the Sunday of Life (1992)
Perfecto. I wouldn't change a thing!

Got the feel that we have music taste quite similar, not only this band.   
Same person as this profile:
Tamijo
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 09:14
 i'll do the ones I know.

1. In Abstentia
 2. Deadwing
 3. Fear of a blank Planet
 4. Lightbulb Sun
 5. Signify
 6. The Incident 
 7. Stupid Dream

I'm not that familiar with the others. 

Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 15:01
For me, the best opus of PT are their live DVDs.
Arriving somewhere.. and Anesthetize.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 14:24
Top three for me would be:

1. In Abstentia
 2. Fear of a blank Planet
 3. Deadwing
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 15:20
1. Stupid Dream (1999)
2. In Absentia (2002)
3. Deadwing (2005)
4. Anesthetize (2010)
5. Lightbulb Sun (2000)
6. Nil Recurring (2007)
7. Recordings (2001)
8. Fear of a Blank Planet (2007)
9. Up the Downstairs (1993)
10. Signify (1996)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12