Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Musicians Wanted for Progressive Metal Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josquin Dead Prez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Musicians Wanted for Progressive Metal Band
    Posted: November 19 2019 at 18:30
A track, and more information can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/consilienceband/cycles

I知 writing a progressive metal album and I知 looking for UK based people (I'm in Aberdeen) to form a band around it. The goal is to create progressive metal, with a tendency towards long-form songs full of interesting structure, harmony, melody, counterpoint, rhythm, and sound design. Most importantly it should take people on a journey and, y談now, sound good.

90% of the music is already written, by me, in demo form. I知 looking for musicians to work with who are interested in taking it to the next level. I have a committed and skilled vocalist I'm working with, so my main priority now is finding a commited and skilled drummer, bassist, and keys player (ideally with experinece in sound design). I知 willing to work long distance, but with the understanding that this will ultimately be a full, gigging band once the album is completed and released. The ability to record from home would be important in that regard.

Some influences include: Leprous, Haken, Pain of Salvation, Transatlantic, Spock痴 Beard, Jupiter Society, Univers Zero.

Looking for: Drummer, keys and synth player (exerpience with sound design is a plus), bassist (5+ strings) and guitarist (7 strings).

In the band lineup I would serve as one of the guitarists.

If interested, please contact me here or at:

[email protected]
www.messenger.com/t/matt.bearne.98

Edited by Josquin Dead Prez - November 19 2019 at 18:32
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 10:09
That's some pretty bloody outstanding work there Matt. I hope you find the people you need to take it to the next level.
Josquin Dead Prez View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josquin Dead Prez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 17:28
Thanks so much! I really appreciate that, and I hope I do find them too.
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2019 at 07:02
"bassist (5+ strings) and guitarist (7 strings)."

Why 5 and 7 strings  ? ;-)

salander13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salander13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 19:58
Embarrassed Hello JO here! just heard it and I am very f**king impressed I was wandering if you are looking for a vocalist as well?
I live in Birmingham, west mid.
I am into bands like Dream Theater, Tesseract, Sevenh Wonder being my biggest influence. 
But bands that I listen a lot are Kamelot (for their dark vibe) Seventh WOnder, JInjer, AYreon, Dream Theater, Myrath, some Katatonia some Pain of Salvation.
If you are interested I will leave some links bellow, they are acapella however in the same playlist you will have some symphonic metal, porcupine tree and then a doom symphonic metal song
P.S. I already hit sub and like on your channal I love the dark vibes, space kinda feeling but also the fact that you have several ideas in the song from creppy piano to heavy riffs, to universe, to a chaotic one and so on. Good luck!
This is my acapella of Seventh Wonder In the Blink of an Eye

The another song from them called Tiara 
 Post Reply Post Reply