Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matching Mole live albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tendiwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matching Mole live albums
    Posted: January 14 2020 at 09:11
I'm wondering what Matching Mole fans think of their live albums. Are any of them essential? They existed for only 12 months, during which they recorded two amazing albums. There is quite a bit of overlap when you look at the track lists of their live albums.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2020 at 10:14
Yes. Both Smoke Signals and March are essential. The expanded two disc sets also has a nice swath of live material.

I'm not sure what from On The Radio hasn't been reissued on the expanded studio discs, but it's also a nice set of various live bits. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tendiwa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tendiwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 04:22
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Yes. Both Smoke Signals and March are essential. The expanded two disc sets also has a nice swath of live material.

I'm not sure what from On The Radio hasn't been reissued on the expanded studio discs, but it's also a nice set of various live bits. 
Are you not bothered by having pretty much the same songs every time, or is there plenty variation?
 Post Reply Post Reply