Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedif you like ash ra tempel add Achim Reich

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: if you like ash ra tempel add Achim Reich
    Posted: September 28 2005 at 02:57
If you think ART is spacey than AR will blow you away, just check out echoes!  and don't forget my other two german krautrock/jazz fusion suggestions Wolfgang Dauner and Association P.C.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 03:43
Not all of Achim Reichel is spacey though; his latter albums certainly aren't; he even published an album with what can only be called "Sea-Shanty Rock".
Wolfgang Dauner was a founding member of the "United Jazz and Rock Ensemble", featuring some of the top musicians from jazz and fusion music (Wolfgang Dauner on keyboards, Volker Kriegel on guitar, Eberhard Weber on bass, Jon Hiiseman on drums, Barbara Thompson on saxes and flute, Ian Carr on trumpet, Ack van Royen on trumpet and flugelhorn, Albert Mangelsdorff on trombone, Charlie Mariano on saxes, flute and nagaswaram; on their second album Kenny Wheeler on trumpet and flugelhorn joined). This band should definitely be in the archives. Their albums are very rare though, since they are only available through the independent publisher 2001 (2001 have shops in Cologne and Frankfurt and publish books mostly, with the occasional music thrown in). Their shops specialize in books that ran out of print, of which they buy the remaining stock; but they also published a lot of books and some musical albums of their own).

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply