Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Parlay With Angels - Fish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skywatcher72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Parlay With Angels - Fish
    Posted: January 29 2020 at 11:28
Tried to find a thread on this but may just be useless at using the forum search facility.

Been listening to this ahead of his upcoming tour, which will sadly be his last. He was planning on playing the whole of his first Solo Album 'Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors' Alongside his latest 'Weltschmerz'

Just thoughts I'd toss this out there in case it slipped by anyone as I think he's got better and better in recent years and I absolutely loved ' Feast of Consequences'

Man with a Stick is a great song but the standout for me on this EP is 'Waverly Steps' A 13.30 minute epic with his voice much improved on how it was a few years ago.

Both these tracks will be on the new album alongside the much anticipated Rose of Damascus, which he feels is the best piece he has ever written.

The rest of this EP has 'Little man what now' which is ok and then Live versions of 'State of mind', circle line, emperors song and voyeur'.

I've been a huge Fish fan since the split and seen him so many times I can't even count the times. I will be sad to say goodbye on the upcoming tour but have been absolutely delighted that he is going out on a high and still producing decent pieces with his usual mellifluous lyrical talents.

Worth a listen if you haven't heard any of his recent stuff 
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 12:27
I should revisit his discography, been a while.

I'll surely get the new album, do you know the release date?
Skywatcher72 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skywatcher72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 15:39
He reckons March this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply