FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create Your Own Kate Bush Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ProfPanglos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create Your Own Kate Bush Album
    Posted: October 22 2020 at 14:38
1.  Oh To Be In Love
2.  In Search Of Peter Pan
3.  Breathing
4.  Leave It Open
5.  Under The Ivy (Do B-sides of EPs count?)
6.  Walk Straight Down The Middle
7.  Constellation Of The Heart
8.  Nocturn
9.  And So Is Love
10.  50 Words For Snow
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 09:14
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I would rather go to her place and help her put together the DVD of her shows ... 

You'd have to fight me off first. Wink

Hi,

I just have such a wide/large respect for artists that continue to create new things and they are all so different and it's like ... it just never stops ... and she fits the mold, so to speak.  

But my concern is that you can hear a song in the DVD, and in the filming of it there would be two cameras (let's say) and one is on the guitar and then the bass, and then the lights and then a wide shot) and the other is on the drums, and then the lights and then on her and then the keyboards ... meaning just like the majority of MTV live crap that the conceptual side of the concert is non-existent in the filming at all, and to be able to come up with something that helps clean that up will likely be impossible, unless you blend in cartoons, and other visuals from a light show that was not there in the concert, but would become the "set" that she would have wanted to be seen for one song, for example.

This is the worst part and the most offensive side of the majority of rock music videos, and even Marty (Scorcese) is guilty of it, not knowing the songs and the music enough to define the cameras during it, and this hurts ... and right now, only one film (I think it was the one by J. Demme on Neil Young) that allowed Neil to go alone and complete ... and not have to cut it up by showing his hand play a note or two, or a car in the garage, or the wife busy cooking, or the empty stage behind him! He made sure that Neil had the focus for the whole song ... and that is so rare ... and of course, no one, even in "progressive-fake-land" will  EVER see that because Neil is not "progressive" ... not realizing how much more progressive than so many his age are not ... and he was able to mix and match with other musicians, when most can't. 

Hopefully something will come out of it, but, honestly, I don't think it will happen. As Kate said, it is not a priority in her book!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:50
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I would rather go to her place and help her put together the DVD of her shows ... 

You'd have to fight me off first. Wink
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 18:36
Hi,

I would rather go to her place and help her put together the DVD of her shows ... it is obvious that there were some really poor decisions made during the filming that tore apart at the fabric of the concert and Kate's concept of the whole thing ... and I'm not sure that a good DVD can be made of it, but I would be willing to help bring it to life ... there are too many of us that would want to see it ... not to mention the actual fans!

I like the "total package" ... not just a song or two.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 03:48
^ I'd forgotten Elton John featured on Kate's 50 Words for Snow album until you just reminded me. Smile
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 02:49
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I just discovered yesterday that Kate Bush recorded her own version of Elton John's Rocket Man.....

This was a single a long time ago, I still have the CD somewhere. Not as good as the original but still pretty good.
I just read that Kate Bush recorded Rocket Man back in 1991 for the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute album. Kate also recorded her own version of Candle in the Wind for the  B-side of the single.....

They've been mutual fans for a long time. Elton sings on a track on "50 Words for Snow" and he was at the same Kate concert as me in 2014.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 01:58

I just discovered yesterday that Kate Bush recorded her own version of Elton John's Rocket Man.....

This was a single a long time ago, I still have the CD somewhere. Not as good as the original but still pretty good.
I just read that Kate Bush recorded Rocket Man back in 1991 for the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute album. Kate also recorded her own version of Candle in the Wind for the  B-side of the single.....

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 01:51

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 01:44

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 17:39
Some Kate Bush video rarities, courtesy of Mr Marrs on YouTube...

1. Out of the Storm (Unreleased song from The Golden Compass)

2. Symphony in Blue (from the Lionheart album)

3. Moments of Pleasure (from The Red Shoes album)

4. The Empty Bullring (on the B-side of the single "Breathing")

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 08 2020 at 17:40
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 00:58
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Sorry, I can't participate cuz I find The Kick Inside, Lionheart, and The Red Shoes thoroughly unenjoyable.

The first one surprises me a little . Is it because it's so unfocused or just too much cheesy orchestration?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 00:55
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Sorry, I can't participate cuz I find The Kick Inside, Lionheart, and The Red Shoes thoroughly unenjoyable.

I used to thank that about the Lionheart album too, but then I listened to it again and I thought, WOW, it's so incredible! Tongue
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 17:55
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 04:09
I just found this on YouTube today so I thought I'd share it with my PA friends here - "Running Up That Hill" (Extended 12" Version)  

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 28 2020 at 04:10
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 04:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 02:51
For your entertainment and viewing and listening pleasure, here's the complete "Sky of Honey" video suite from the "Aerial" album, courtesy of the talented Mr Marrs on YouTube. Smile

1. Prelude/Prologue

2. An Architect's Dream

3. The Painter's Link/Sunset

4. Aerial Tal

5. Somewhere in Between

6. Nocturn

7. Aerial

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 18 2020 at 02:51
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:42
For any Kate Bush fans who love The Ninth Wave suite from the Hounds of Love album as much as I do, here's a video album I've put together, courtesy of the talented Mr Marrs on YouTube. Smile

1. "And Dream of Sheep"

2. Under Ice

3. Waking the Witch

4. Watching You, Without Me

5. Jig of Life

6. Hello Earth

7. The Morning Fog

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 15 2020 at 13:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 16:37
This lovely duet with Peter Gabriel from 1986 doesn't appear on any Kate Bush album, so I'm including it here as a Special Limited Edition Bonus Track. Smile

"Don't Give Up"

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 01:44

1. The Man with the Child in His Eyes (The Kick Inside)

2. Wow (Lionheart)

3. Delius - Song of Summer (Never for Ever)

4. All the Love (The Dreaming)

5. Cloudbusting (Hounds of Love)

6. This Woman's Work (The Sensual World)

7. Moments of Pleasure (The Red Shoes)

8. A Coral Room (Aerial)

9. And So Is Love (Director's Cut)

10. Wild Man (50 Words for Snow)

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 18 2020 at 12:00
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 16:45
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

I don't have all her albums so I can't do this one but how is it the Night of the Swallow isn't on anyone list yet?  Confused

Well for me there are many other songs on The Dreaming which are much strong, and to be brutally frank, it is probably my least favourite track on the album.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>