Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create Your Own Albums: Thread Index

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create Your Own Albums: Thread Index
    Posted: February 12 2020 at 13:36
I've really enjoyed taking part in the many Create Your Own Album threads, so by way of saying thank you to all of the contributors, I've put together a handy alphabetical list of where to find them all. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that all of the links work. Smile 

Let me know if I've missed any artists off the list and I'll add them retroactively. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 27 2020 at 14:41
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 02:51
Peter Hammill of Van der Graaf Generator is the newest addition to the Make Your Own Album threads, although I won't be able to take part unfortunately, as I'm unfamiliar with his albums. Confused
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 04:28
Any chance you could create threads for Neal Morse and Wishbone Ash please? I could certainly pick 8 tracks for each of those.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 04:59
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

Any chance you could create threads for Neal Morse and Wishbone Ash please? I could certainly pick 8 tracks for each of those.

I'm not familiar with Neal Morse's albums, so I'll have to leave it to someone else - possibly you - to create a Make Your Own Neal Morse Album thread.  I've heard his name mentioned on here before but I couldn't tell which band he's in or what nationality he is without looking him up on Google. Wishbone Ash is definitely a possibility though. They're an artist I'm much more familiar with. I have Wishbone Ash's second, third and fourth albums on CD although I haven't yet got around to listening to their other albums. A Make Your Own Wishbone Ash Album thread will give me a good excuse to listen to at least ten of their albums, even if they're not all Progressive Rock. In the meantime, I'm making my own Camel album. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 20 2020 at 05:03
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 05:00

why don't you do it? Confused
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 05:04
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I didn't want to tread on Pyschadelic Paul's toes but as he's now invited me to start a Neal Morse thread I'll do that.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 05:12

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I didn't want to tread on Pyschadelic Paul's toes but as he's now invited me to start a Neal Morse thread I'll do that.
That sounds like an excellent idea and then I might get to learn something about Neal Morse. You're definitely not treading on my toes, so there are no worries on that score.  The Make Your Own Album threads aren't my exclusive preserve. Only four of those artists listed above - the Alan Parsons Project, Kate Bush, Prefab Sprout and Tears for Fears are actually my own threads. Many of those Make Your Own Album threads were created long before I even became a member here last September. Smile
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 04:54
Thanks Paul, and thanks to adding my Neal Morse thread to the index. I've just started one for Wishbone Ash too.

Have fun checking out those two bands/artists!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 05:26

Thanks Paul, and thanks to adding my Neal Morse thread to the index. I've just started one for Wishbone Ash too.

Have fun checking out those two bands/artists!
Thanks! As it happens, I just visited this thread again to add your latest Wishbone Ash thread to the list. Smile

At least I know who Neal Morse is now. Wink
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 08:32
WOW, I didn't realize there were so many of these. Thanks for putting the list together Paul!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 09:26
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

WOW, I didn't realize there were so many of these. Thanks for putting the list together Paul!

Cheers! It's been fun going back through the ProgArchives and collecting all of the Make Your Own Album threads together into one place. I'll be adding three more to the list soon:- Deacon Blue, Dead Can Dance & Enya. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 02:39
I was going to update this index to include all of the Make Your Own Album threads that have been added during the last couple of months while I've been away - until I realised no new Make Your Own Album threads have been posted in the last couple of months. Smile  At least we have plenty of artists to be going in with anyway - I just counted 31 artists in the current thread index.

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 08 2020 at 02:44
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 08:10
Never heard of Izz or Deacon Blue.....and the last time I heard the first  Pre Fab Sprout songs...I had hair on my head.

LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 08:34
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Never heard of Izz or Deacon Blue.....and the last time I heard the first  Pre Fab Sprout songs...I had hair on my head.

LOL
Hot dog, Jumping frog, Albuquerque..... I'd never heard of Izz before either, but Deacon Blue and Prefab Sprout are two of my favourite bands. That's the kind of music I like to listen to when I'm not listening to Progressive Rock or Psychedelic Rock. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 08 2020 at 08:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2020 at 05:33
New addition:- Blue Oyster Cult
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2020 at 14:43
Latest addition:- Jon and Vangelis
 Post Reply Post Reply