Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Captain Beefheart - Bluejeans & Moonbeams (1974)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captain Beefheart - Bluejeans & Moonbeams (1974)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Fave Track?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [50.00%]
1 [50.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain Beefheart - Bluejeans & Moonbeams (1974)
    Posted: February 17 2020 at 01:55

Arguably The Captain's least potent output, and least tenacious line-up! Besides the neat cover art, what's your favorite track here? Ready?! GO!!!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 02:25
Same Old Blues. Really great version!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 02:38
This album is a hard pass and I honestly can't tell you one song from another on this one (and no I have desire to listen to it again to decide. :p) 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 02:59
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

This album is a hard pass and I honestly can't tell you one song from another on this one (and no I have desire to listen to it again to decide. :p) 

I agree 100%. I can't even pick a track. At all. Lol. Same with the next one. They're his two worst entries, far and away.

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 04:19
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

I agree 100%. I can't even pick a track. At all. Lol. Same with the next one. They're his two worst entries, far and away.
I believe you mean "Unconditionally", it came first although they came same year. In this album there arenīt any former Magic Band members.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 05:06
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

I believe you mean "Unconditionally", it came first although they came same year. In this album there arenīt any former Magic Band members.

Bluejeans and Unconditionally are both massive let downs, but I'd agree the latter more so than the former.

It's still amazing to think of all the insane, avant/RIO music Beefheart created while bands like King Crimson and Yes were JUST starting to get their best stuff together. What a retrospective!

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 12:23
Yeah...tough pick....I haven't played this in a very long time...no idea which one...I do 
like Unconditionally Guaranteed though...I had an original vinyl of UG which I gave to my friend Bill for his birthday a few years ago ( he's a huge Beefheart fan). I had it framed in one of those lp frames (you can slip the lp in the back and remove it when u want to play it) you can buy so he could hang it on the wall like art.

LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 01:16
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Yeah...tough pick....I haven't played this in a very long time...no idea which one...I do 
like Unconditionally Guaranteed though...I had an original vinyl of UG which I gave to my friend Bill for his birthday a few years ago ( he's a huge Beefheart fan). I had it framed in one of those lp frames (you can slip the lp in the back and remove it when u want to play it) you can buy so he could hang it on the wall like art.

LOL

You may be the only soul on Earth that liked anything off of UG, LOL LOL.

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 01:45

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

LOL

You may be the only soul on Earth that liked anything off of UG, LOL LOL.
No. I like those albums too, although of course theyīre weakest Beefheart. I believe even he has done "Sclager"-album (well this almost is) I would have liked it just because his amazing voice. BTW I have this as original version, got it very cheap, it isnīt very in good condition.
 Post Reply Post Reply