Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create your own concert set list Traffic 1973

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create your own concert set list Traffic 1973
    Posted: March 03 2020 at 06:44

New "create your own" XYZ

Select a band and year, create your own set list up to 140 minutes (which include +/- 20 minutes for two encores)

Use the live albums for timings and if the song you want is not on one of them, add 2 minutes for possible improvisation from the studio version. 

Traffic Summer 73 tour

Hidden Treasure 6:00

Dear Mr Fantasy 10:53

Glad / Freedom Rider 21:00

Tragic Magic 8:47

Uninspired 10:33

Many a Mile to Freedom 7:46

Shoot Out at the Fantasy Factory 6:53

Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys 17:52

40,000 Headmen 5:52

Gimme Some Lovin' 8:46 (from SDG, but Traffic did it)

Encore

Roll Right Stones 11:44

John Barleycorn 6:20

Edited by Sean Trane - March 04 2020 at 06:53
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2020 at 09:24
not everybody at once, uh!! Ouch
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2020 at 12:06
Not knowing timings at all, but hereīs songs I would have liked to hear then (I believe theyīre really didnīt play these all)
the Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
Empty Pages
John Barleycorn Must Die
Feelin`Good
Just For You
Withering Tree
Shanghai Noodle Factory
No Time To Live
Pearly Queen
Heaven Is In Your Mind
House For Everyone
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 17:36
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

They think you want them all to do Traffic 1973...
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 20:18
Pink Floyd, 1980 (because their "Wall" tour went to so few cities):

First Set 
Astronomy Domine (4:14)
Hey You (4:40)
Speak To Me/Breathe/On The Run/Time/The Great Gig In The Sky (19:27)
Fat Old Sun (5:24)
One of These Days (5:57)
Us And Them (7:49)
Echoes (23:31)

Second Set
Wish You Were Here (5:35) 
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX) (12:30)
Mother (5:32)
Careful With That Axe, Eugene (6:47)
Pigs On The Wing (Part 1) (1:24)
Dogs (17:04)
Comfortably Numb (6:23)

Encore
Run Like Hell (4:15)
Brain Damage/Eclipse (5:52)
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 20:27
the track list of "On the Road" is perfect

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 20:32
Actually, I got to see Traffic in 1973 and a couple of other years.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Tongue
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 22:28
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Actually, I got to see Traffic in 1973 and a couple of other years.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Tongue
Really would have liked to see them, but naturally it had been quite impossible in 1973, because that is my birth year LOL. Itīs very possible never to see them, Capaldi & Wood are dead and Winwood & Mason havenīt been together for years.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 22:49
Well, hereīs concert from Wigwam (that I think will never happen):
1st set:
1. Must Be the Devil (5:00)
2. Häätö (5:00)
3. Guardian Angel, The Future (5:30)
4. Henryīs Highway Code (3:30)
5. Losing Hold (10:00)
6. Hot Mice (3:30)
7. Every Fold (3:10)
8. Proletarian/Inspired Machine (4:00)
9. Planetist (3:30)
10. End (5:00)

2 set
1. Captain Supernatural (4:30)
2. Nipistys (10:00)
3. Tramdriver (5:00)
4. Sane Again (4:00)
5. In a Nutshell (4:00)
6. the Big Farewell (8:00)
7. the Silver Jubilee (4:00)
8. the Item Is the Totem (6:00)
9. Daemon Duncetanīs Request (7:00)

Encore
Freddie Are You Ready (6:00)
Grass For Blades (10:00)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 22:56
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Really would have liked to see them, but naturally it had been quite impossible in 1973, because that is my birth year LOL. Itīs very possible never to see them, Capaldi & Wood are dead and Winwood & Mason havenīt been together for years.
  I will have to dig out my ticket stubs (still in the process of moving), but did see Traffic several times in the 70's and a band I worked with traveled with Dave Mason's band during the 80's as well.

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 23:06

I will have to dig out my ticket stubs (still in the process of moving), but did see Traffic several times in the 70's and a band I worked with traveled with Dave Mason's band during the 80's as well.

Well, you have had an interesting life! Not knowing at all, are you musician or doing something else with that band, anyway I am musician but the only "tour" I have been was with Hc-punk band Terveet Kädet in the nineties, it lasted only a week. We were the supporting act.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 01:25
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Well yeah, that was the ideaWink, but I guess I should've started this type of thread with an "easier" band like Genesis or Crimson or Yes.

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Well take away Light Up Or Leave Me Alone (which I can really do without, either live or studio) , the rest is perfect.... But not long enough to represent a full concert.

BTW: the Santa Monica set list (though only one-hour long) contains Headmen, Fantaqsy and BarleycornClap

However it skips the Shooutout tracks Cry

Edited by Sean Trane - March 07 2020 at 09:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:34

Well, you have had an interesting life! Not knowing at all, are you musician or doing something else with that band, anyway I am musician but the only "tour" I have been was with Hc-punk band Terveet Kädet in the nineties, it lasted only a week. We were the supporting act.

I was born at a great time for music and grew up in the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro), so had great availability of live concerts, at prices a young person could afford.  I've been married to 2 musicians, play the harp as a hobby and was also the co-owner/operator with another husband (that's it, 3 in total Smile) of a tour bus company from the late 80's until mid-2000's, with a side line of a music management company (repped Buffalo Springfield Revisited, who were tribute touring until the original band got Neil Young's go-ahead to do a reunion tour, which never did quite happen, sadly; Bill Ward and some other acts we didn't quite get off the ground).  For several years we operated out of The Village Recorder, which made making demos easy and relatively inexpensive in the days prior to streaming, etc.  The Buffalo tribute, which featured Dewey Martin and Bruce Palmer, toured with Dave Mason a couple of times.  Touring has become much harder for bands, especially up and coming ones, even more so for a support act, as the only money left to be made for a band is through merch, especially here in the US when you calculate distances involved in just about anything other than the East Coast.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:59

I was born at a great time for music and grew up in the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro), so had great availability of live concerts, at prices a young person could afford.  I've been married to 2 musicians, play the harp as a hobby and was also the co-owner/operator with another husband (that's it, 3 in total Smile) of a tour bus company from the late 80's until mid-2000's, with a side line of a music management company (repped Buffalo Springfield Revisited, who were tribute touring until the original band got Neil Young's go-ahead to do a reunion tour, which never did quite happen, sadly; Bill Ward and some other acts we didn't quite get off the ground).  For several years we operated out of The Village Recorder, which made making demos easy and relatively inexpensive in the days prior to streaming, etc.  The Buffalo tribute, which featured Dewey Martin and Bruce Palmer, toured with Dave Mason a couple of times.  Touring has become much harder for bands, especially up and coming ones, even more so for a support act, as the only money left to be made for a band is through merch, especially here in the US when you calculate distances involved in just about anything other than the East Coast.
Really great & interesting!! Always loved the sound of the harp! I have had all the way smaller activities with music, but both playing/musiclistening has been in my life from the very beginning. Also, that all has been lots smaller in Finland all the way, but whatīs great, you still can quite easily be in contact with some "big" artist in Finland.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 09:05

Really great & interesting!! Always loved the sound of the harp! I have had all the way smaller activities with music, but both playing/musiclistening has been in my life from the very beginning. Also, that all has been lots smaller in Finland all the way, but whatīs great, you still can quite easily be in contact with some "big" artist in Finland.[/QUOTE]

But lucky you to live in such a beautiful place!  Los Angeles when I was growing up was really great for music, and we lived in a beach town, on the peninsula, so part of it was, at that time, also semi-rural, lots of horse riding trails and such.  Music makes every world larger and at the same time, smaller, as I think it brings people together for the most part.  Smile  Here is a video of a Traffic concert I went to in 1972, weird to think I was in the audience!  
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 10:14

Really great & interesting!! Always loved the sound of the harp! I have had all the way smaller activities with music, but both playing/musiclistening has been in my life from the very beginning. Also, that all has been lots smaller in Finland all the way, but whatīs great, you still can quite easily be in contact with some "big" artist in Finland.

But lucky you to live in such a beautiful place!  Los Angeles when I was growing up was really great for music, and we lived in a beach town, on the peninsula, so part of it was, at that time, also semi-rural, lots of horse riding trails and such.  Music makes every world larger and at the same time, smaller, as I think it brings people together for the most part.  Smile  Here is a video of a Traffic concert I went to in 1972, weird to think I was in the audience!  
[/QUOTE]Well, yes, I really love Finnish nature, also I live in very small town where you can easily go into nature. I believe I canīt live anywhere else (well I have heard in North Canada is same kind of nature as we have). Really much thanx about that Traffic link, I have watched some Traffic pieces from the same time, but not that. Going to watch some day in the future! BTW one of my friend just sold me original copy of "the Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" going to have it next Tuesday.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 11:28

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Funny, I thought you meant that as well (all Traffic 1973).  D'oh!

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Well take away Light Up Or Leave Me Alone (which I can really do without, either live or studio) , the rest is perfect.... But not long enough to represent a full concert.

I never cared for that one, either, honestly.  But a huge Traffic fan nonetheless.

BTW: the Santa Monica set list (though only one-hour long) contains Headmen, Fantaqsy and BarleycornClap

However it skips the Shooutout tracks Cry  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 11:31

Well, yes, I really love Finnish nature, also I live in very small town where you can easily go into nature. I believe I canīt live anywhere else (well I have heard in North Canada is same kind of nature as we have). Really much thanx about that Traffic link, I have watched some Traffic pieces from the same time, but not that. Going to watch some day in the future! BTW one of my friend just sold me original copy of "the Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" going to have it next Tuesday.
  Great record!  And enjoy the video when you get a chance, I have a DVD copy of it.  I am lucky to now live in a beautiful part of Oregon, with lots of wildlife and in the country, but not near the coast, which I miss, but at least have access to.  The photos I've seen of Finland are just stunning.  
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 22:09

Well, yes, I really love Finnish nature, also I live in very small town where you can easily go into nature. I believe I canīt live anywhere else (well I have heard in North Canada is same kind of nature as we have). Really much thanx about that Traffic link, I have watched some Traffic pieces from the same time, but not that. Going to watch some day in the future! BTW one of my friend just sold me original copy of "the Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" going to have it next Tuesday.
  Great record!  And enjoy the video when you get a chance, I have a DVD copy of it.  I am lucky to now live in a beautiful part of Oregon, with lots of wildlife and in the country, but not near the coast, which I miss, but at least have access to.  The photos I've seen of Finland are just stunning.  
Watched it a little bit yesterday and I think the pieces that I have seen before were from that gig (for example "Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys"). But anyway havenīt seen it as whole, so going to watch it (yesterday I watched a great movie from Finnish television). Just looked some pictures from google from Oregon, it looked really great place too! Great womenīs day for you!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2020 at 08:46

Watched it a little bit yesterday and I think the pieces that I have seen before were from that gig (for example "Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys"). But anyway havenīt seen it as whole, so going to watch it (yesterday I watched a great movie from Finnish television). Just looked some pictures from google from Oregon, it looked really great place too! Great womenīs day for you!
  Thank you, Mortte!  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply