Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steven Wilson The Future Bites First Single

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 10:13
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

THE FUTURE BITES details available here

The first single dropped yesterday, named after one of SW's favourite movies:

Whatcha think? Loving it so far, but 5 mins would've been enough (the song doesn't really go anywhere past this mark, just repeats itself). The rest of the tracklist has shorter cuts though

Well shiver me timbers!
For the first time in quite a while I am genuinely looking forward to the new Steve Wilson album. Not that I overtly hate his most recent stuff, it’s actually pretty good, BUT I already own most of the PT catalogue plus a fair few of his solo albums...and yeah there comes a point where you simply gotta ask yourself whether you really do need more Wilson in the old collection.
Then again I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about his music. Personally I think this ‘change of direction’ in sound is very welcome...sure we’ve heard the shift towards art-pop on his previous blue man group effort ( ), but on here it seems to have blossomed into this interesting electronic venture. I still hear a musician having fun with what he’s doing...and that is damn rare when you’ve been doing this for over 30 years.
Kudos Steve

P.S. Nevermind the nay-sayers. You can of course just stroke them with the fur and continue to release ‘Raven revisited’ with mellotrons and the archetypical pork solo en masse...but how fun would that be...and who are you REALLY making music for in the end?
I thought so

David,
You continue to be my PA hero, great post about SWilson's new release....I like it, pre-ordered but seems the release date has been pushed now.

Cheers man!

9 Best Dolly parton young images | Dolly parton, Dolly parton ...

Thanks my friend
You’re not too shabby either. I always love to read about your love for The Beatles
Just kidding...and thank you for the Dolly pic. I needed that.

Too bad about the delay...then again I have quite a few albums coming my way plus a whole slew of stuff I am looking forward to for 2020. Chicano Batman’s newest is definitely one of those

The Beatles are God's gift to the entire universe, they created the musical note, just think without that we would not have ring tones!!
Well my concert schedule for 2020 is also dwindling to nothing.......

Bro u will forever be known as the 'Can(s)-man'........LOL

Edited by Catcher10 - April 24 2020 at 10:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234