Poll Question: Take your pick..
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
49 [51.04%]
47 [48.96%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok. Which is superior ?
    Posted: March 31 2020 at 06:45
Let the site decide...
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 06:46
that's vague, superior how? 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 06:49
I keep my vynils in alphabetical order by artist. Pink tops Genesis. (Apart of that I'm everything but a Genesis fan)
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 07:28
Genesis 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 07:31
Floyd.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 07:35
Neither is superior. Different dinosaurs.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:11
Foxtrot but both are perfect albums
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:26
This will be close as I suspect to confirm the dichotomy...
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:40
If it had been Atom Heart, my choise would have been clear, but now itīs Foxtrot.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 09:07
easily Genesis because of Suppers Ready --but Dark side is good.
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 09:32
Foxtrot by a vast margin
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 10:13
Foxtrot, but both are very good.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 10:14
Simply Genesis.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 10:19
Dark Side of the Moon has always been a far superior album listening experience for me. 

It's like comparing a walk on a beautiful, sandy beach on a peaceful summer's eve to that over jagged rocks long after sunset.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 10:47
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

Foxtrot by a vast margin

Yeah...at least 5 magnitudes in superiority...lets stick it to the false proggers (prosecute the heretics)....
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 10:53
Darkside is probably "superior" but I don't like it more. But I suppose it depends on what is meant by superior. I think as a rock album Darkside is better but as a prog album Foxtrot(although there are a few Genesis albums I like better). Anyway, no vote from me.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 31 2020 at 10:53
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 11:26
Foxtrot for me.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 11:28
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Dark Side of the Moon has always been a far superior album listening experience for me. 

It's like comparing a walk on a beautiful, sandy beach on a peaceful summer's eve to that over jagged rocks long after sunset.

That's very similar to what I was going to say, only that's better expressed. Also, I do consider Dark Side of the Moon to be the much more remarkable and significant album in the history of rock, music generally, and art. That doesn't make it intrinsically to be of better quality, but Dark Side of the Moon is far more iconic and has had a much greater impact.

I've never much liked Foxtrot. I don't find it to be anything special even just in the Genesis oeuvre. To me it doesn't stand out, and if we were without it, well, it's not that remarkable or unusual an achievement for Genesis. One could easily substitute Nursery Cryme or Selling England by the Pound, I think. And as art rock, I dig The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

Dark Side of the Moon may not be my favourite Pink Floyd (it has been), but it does still stand out in the discography as it is so iconic, and it gets referenced in popular culture a great deal. It is one of the great works of the second half of the 20th century I'd posit, whereas Foxtrot is just another Gabriel era Genesis album to me, and it happens to be my least liked of those other than the debut. Pink Floyd has many great albums I think, but only one Dark Side of the Moon. I don't feel quite the same about Genesis with Foxtrot.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 11:33
Both are great albums, albeit one is bigger and probably better in the grand scheme of things, but I'll go with Foxtrot because of Supper's Ready.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 12:14
Foxtrot.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>