Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don't like Neo Prog, change my mind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 11:21
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I don't even know what Neo-prog is.........so no need to wait for me.

Hi,

I can't help think that the guy is asking us which wine to drink with his fish dinner ... I might just suggest a ZINFANDEL or a PETIT SIRAH to go with it ... and if he doesn't have a taste for Neo-Prog then, we know for sure it's not his thing! Big smile

Tongue

Sleepy
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 11:52
^ Wine with his fish dinner? You never disappoint....I would expect a cogniscenti of the arts to be a wine buff...you definitely need to get a pint of Holts bitter down your gregory peck...but I suppose it may be too industrial and working class for your mega intellectually trained wine snobbery...
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 12:24
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

^ Wine with his fish dinner? You never disappoint....I would expect a cogniscenti of the arts to be a wine buff...you definitely need to get a pint of Holts bitter down your gregory peck...but I suppose it may be too industrial and working class for your mega intellectually trained wine snobbery...

HOLTS Bitter Mmmmmmmmmmm! 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 01:42
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

We don't know what Neo-Prog you've heard genius, convince yourself.Ermm

LOL
thread should have been closed after this post. 
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 02:53
"I don't like sprouts, change my mind". 

If you had a thread which started like that, six pages on, the OP would be unlikely to have changed his mind about sprouts, no matter what. Put it down to personal taste and move on. 

Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 02:55
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I don't even know what Neo-prog is.........so no need to wait for me.

Hi,

I can't help think that the guy is asking us which wine to drink with his fish dinner ... I might just suggest a ZINFANDEL or a PETIT SIRAH to go with it ... and if he doesn't have a taste for Neo-Prog then, we know for sure it's not his thing! Big smile

Tongue

Sleepy

Zinfandel ? Syrah ? Depends on the fish. ;-)

I'll go for a Joey Holts with M27 instead. ;-)

"I don't like Zinfandel, change my mind ! "

Edited by Davesax1965 - September 13 2020 at 02:56

FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 04:58
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by softandwet softandwet wrote:

I was not expecting that lmao

Don't worry, the neo fans will be here soon enough. Just be patient.
The neo fans are here. If you do not like neo prog, that's fine. Just don't speak to me.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 05:51
Well, sir, no one really cares what you like or not.
For my money, I know what I like, and I surely like what I know, so...
Just move on, there are quite a lot of genres and subgenres out there!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 06:46
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Well, sir, no one really cares what you like or not.
For my money, I know what I like, and I surely like what I know, so...
Just move on, there are quite a lot of genres and subgenres out there!
I was joking, you know.
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:21

I guess you haven't appreciated successful neoprog bands such as Marillion, IQ, Big Big Train etc. so I’ll ask, have you ever heard Dilemma? Obscure Dutch band, complicated tracks with attractive melodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvx29THU4Y0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRVpVJH2xM

Almost all of Imbroccata is excellent.

Also, listen to La Torre Dell'Alchimista and prepare to be transferred to a fairy tale space-time with the amazing GNOMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpS9Boc532U

Edited by Blaqua - September 13 2020 at 16:22
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 02:18
Well, Clutching at Straws (Marillion) and Love Over Fear (Pendragon) are my favorites neoprog albums.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 09:49
Neo prog ? I chose the Blue Pill long time ago.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 07:56
Not my favorite subgenre but a few bands I love are listed there:

Comedy Of Errors
Yuka & Chronoship
Magenta

All three could easily fall into the symphonic category though...so you might prefer these bands.

The Prog Corner
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 09:19
I recommend you Twelfth Night (Geoff Mann era), they have a very unique sound and for me, they are totally different to the bands of neo prog (pallas, pendragon, Iq, Marillion)
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 09:23
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

I recommend you Twelfth Night (Geoff Mann era), they have a very unique sound and for me, they are totally different to the bands of neo prog (pallas, pendragon, Iq, Marillion)

the OP does not like the subgenre, so let's forget about it. 

In all honesty, this thread should be closed. It's not like we got some answers and reactions to what's been discussed from the OP. What was the point in the first place? Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 10:59
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

In all honesty, this thread should be closed. It's not like we got some answers and reactions to what's been discussed from the OP. What was the point in the first place? Confused
Either he prefers just to read the responses and not reply, or he was looking for a reaction.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:07
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Either he prefers just to read the responses and not reply, or he was looking for a reaction.

You misunderstood.
The OP never rejoins the conversation. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:12

Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

You misunderstood.
The OP never rejoins the conversation. 

I know, which is why I suggested that he just likes reading the opinions of others and not joining in himself. Or that he just wanted a reaction from neo fans, and hasn't posted because he isn't really interested. I hope the former suggestion is right.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:24
This was about as boring a subject as fawning over Yes and Genesis , who haven't really done anything remotely better since the 70s. Slamming neo-prog has become another elitist tendency , still going strong as there is perhaps nothing else left to criticize . There many fine "neo-prog" bands , just like in any other genre, no more , no less. If you 'no like", go to what you do like and smile ....
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:25
Originally posted by Blaqua Blaqua wrote:

I guess you haven't appreciated successful neoprog bands such as Marillion, IQ, Big Big Train etc. so I’ll ask, have you ever heard Dilemma? Obscure Dutch band, complicated tracks with attractive melodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvx29THU4Y0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRVpVJH2xM

Almost all of Imbroccata is excellent.

Also, listen to La Torre Dell'Alchimista and prepare to be transferred to a fairy tale space-time with the amazing GNOMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpS9Boc532U

Dilemma is very very good, thanks for the reco! Clap
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>