Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lickerish Quartet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lickerish Quartet
    Posted: April 09 2020 at 21:16
For any one interested and fans of the old band Jellyfish, 3 prior members have got together and are releasing an EP May 15. 

Looks like a lot of fun and first single is here, a bit of everything in here so enjoy and forget about it

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2020 at 09:25
Hi,

I don't usually "review" a lot of music, mostly because my tastes are my own and they go all over the place and the world ... and do not fit into one specific area because it sounds like this or that.

I kinda like it (your piece) and am having a bit of a problem finding words for it ... reminds me of some pop music in the late 60's, and then the modern style with the guitar on top, and then ... I'm not sure, but maybe too many styles sewn together to create something or other?

Interesting sounding, though ... I had no issues with the whole thing, just the different parts and how they blended. I keep thinking that this might work better, if you let go of a "song" format and just fly on the lyrics from the ground up ... but that would be my interpretation, and I would not want to interfere with your interpretation of the piece of music.

Edited by moshkito - April 20 2020 at 21:08
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2020 at 03:23
I think they're named after a 1970's erotic Italian drama.

An interesting listen. Not bad at all.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 19:38
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I think they're named after a 1970's erotic Italian drama.

An interesting listen. Not bad at all.

Lol, yes if you search for the name it does return a few links to that and perhaps that may be a tongue in cheek thing, who knows. 

The Lickerish Quartet will release their debut EP, Threesome Vol.1, tomorrow 15 May. 

The group brings together Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (Beck, Air, Cheap Trick, Imperial Drag), Tim Smith (Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, the Finn Brothers, Sheryl Crow, Umajets), and Eric Dover (Imperial Drag, Slash's Snakepit, Alice Cooper, Sextus). All three were also members of cult rock act Jellyfish. Jeremy Stacey, most recently of King Crimson, provides drums on the collection.

The record is the first of three EPs. 

Jellyfish

Imperial Drag

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2020 at 06:26

Great song.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2020 at 08:00
To me they sound like Jellyfish   for the most part,  which isn't a bad thing. I have always liked that style of well written power pop rock.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2020 at 08:03
Jellyfish were one of those bands that I really should have liked but for some reason never did. Go figure.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply