Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 NFL Thread
    Posted: April 22 2020 at 15:27
Here is hoping that we will indeed have a season this year! 

Anyway, the draft is coming up tomorrow so this is a good time to start the thread. Any predictions/wishlists for your favorite team? Any offseason news worth talking about? 

And of course...go big blue!! (Although I fully expect another subpar season from them)
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2020 at 15:34
New Orleans Saints win the NFC title, not sure right now who is the AFC title holder, Brees has another MVP caliber season.
My wish??? That somehow Saints work a trade to get Burreaux......Give Bengals both Kamara and Taysom Hill.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 08:17
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Anyway, the draft is coming up tomorrow so this is a good time to start the thread. Any predictions/wishlists for your favorite team? Any offseason news worth talking about? 

And of course...go big blue!! (Although I fully expect another subpar season from them)

Hi,

I'm thinking that a lot of folks are going to bet on Gronk and Brady! If the season ever gets off!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 10:02
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking that a lot of folks are going to bet on Gronk and Brady! If the season ever gets off!

Why??
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 13:53
^ It is brady and gronk. They made sweet music together for awhile. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 15:57

"Awhile" was awhile ago, Gronk has been partying for the past 2yrs in Florida. He joined the team because its close to his house and he needs more money for booze and snacks.

You think he's gonna play 16 games??
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 19:16
No surprise with Burreaux #1 pick.......Was thinking MIA was not gonna take Tua with his injury issues and all, I really think Herbert is a better QB and risk than Tua.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 23:15
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

"Awhile" was awhile ago, Gronk has been partying for the past 2yrs in Florida. He joined the team because its close to his house and he needs more money for booze and snacks.

You think he's gonna play 16 games??

Only one season out for Gronk. But yes...there are questions. Will father time catch up with brady? Will gronk stay healthy? Will the defense not be the sieve it was early on the year? Who will run the ball? 

Also, I'm not saying I believe it, I"m just saying that's why people are jumping on the bandwagon. That said, Given the extended playoffs now (DeadDeadDead) I would be surprised if they didn't make the postseason. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 23:16
I would have been happy with a tackle or Simmons, so I think the Giants did as well as they could. Hopefully they chose the right one as they had their pick of the litter. 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 09:56

No surprise with Burreaux #1 pick.......Was thinking MIA was not gonna take Tua with his injury issues and all, I really think Herbert is a better QB and risk than Tua.

Hi,

Hmmmm ... it's a strange thing, wondering how some QB's will do in the NFL, provided they have the right folks helping them ... which usually is not the case, and most of these end up in the scrap heal after 5 years doing local television sports!

I'm not sure that the guy from Alabama will be that good ... I don't think he realizes how much better the folks around him made the whole thing, and the same goes for LSU, however I think that the team that picked him might work him out a little more and not try to push things.

As for the kid from Oregon ... most Oregon QB's have done well, with the exception of one that somehow bombed, but he was on a couple of really bad teams ... and no one on this earth can ever do well in those teams! And specially when the next year's coach is gonna change everything!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 10:23
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Hmmmm ... it's a strange thing, wondering how some QB's will do in the NFL, provided they have the right folks helping them ... which usually is not the case, and most of these end up in the scrap heal after 5 years doing local television sports!

I'm not sure that the guy from Alabama will be that good ... I don't think he realizes how much better the folks around him made the whole thing, and the same goes for LSU, however I think that the team that picked him might work him out a little more and not try to push things.

As for the kid from Oregon ... most Oregon QB's have done well, with the exception of one that somehow bombed, but he was on a couple of really bad teams ... and no one on this earth can ever do well in those teams! And specially when the next year's coach is gonna change everything!
Well essentially what changed LSU's course was going to a spread offense with 5-wide and letting Burrow loose, most NCAA offenses would have struggled with that NFL type strategy but they embraced it with the help of the Saints. So to me Burrow blossomed in that big change and he took it to the next level in NCAA and especially in the SEC clearly the toughest most competitive football conference.
So he is already very familiar with what to do in the NFL, Tua also but man those injuries are going to be tough, as Mel Kipper pointed out....the injuries are real, they exist and will only get worse with hits from 260-300lb def ends and linemen.
I'm hoping the Oregon QB does well, I like that kid. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2020 at 02:46
Overall, have to give the gmen a C+...no defensive ends nor wide receivers but plenty of linebackers and two offensive linemen (plus a highly regarded safety). Hopefully some of these linebackers pan out, but even then the offense might have to score 35+ a game to win.  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2020 at 09:27
Looks like Saints gonna sign JWinston to 1yr deal as backup QB since Brady pushed him out, not sure how I feel about that right now as Winston is not very accurate and a lot of turnovers. Clearly an insurance plan in case Brees goes down again with an injury, so unless that happens not sure Winston will see many snaps.

But a better team, coaches, players can help you be a better player.....We'll see.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 13:37
^ I think it's a good move. For backup QBs hard to find a good option (although Dalton was just released today). He has the talent, it just comes in spurts. Maybe his lasik eye surgery will help too. Worth the flyer they took on him, IMO. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:35
Shannon Sharpe says Drew Brees should retire: 'I will never respect the man'

What a doosh........Has Sharpe EVER said this about anyone else that actually deserved it?? I'm sure Brees will be cryin himself to sleep knowing Mr Yapmouth doesn't respect him.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 18:57
I hardly think these two players, and their actions, are on even ground let alone comparable. One gave his life for his country.....

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 19:55
definitely not the same.. but I'd very much comparable and on even ground. Ask yourself..  I'll give you credit for knowing, even if not through personal experience,  what these answers are.

what is root of .. the essence of ...service.....serving one's country

and again what is the essence of sacrifice in terms of serving one's country.

answer those honestly and see the two cases are not far off at all.  

Edited by micky - June 21 2020 at 19:57
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 23:02
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

definitely not the same.. but I'd very much comparable and on even ground. Ask yourself..  I'll give you credit for knowing, even if not through personal experience,  what these answers are.

Thousands, millions of people give their time and effort for serving their country and community in a very non committal manner, meaning its not life altering. 
Kap has been whining about getting a job in the NFL that pays him millions, if he feels that strongly then he can make same decision and leave the NFL for good and dedicate his life to what he believes in and make the change....Compared to the life decision that Pat Tillman made for what he believes in, they are far off and nowhere close to even ground, answer that honestly.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 08:18
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Hi,

Easy one for me!

"Service" according to my mom, meant that you studied Portuguese and you did more for the memory and study of the GOD in your house! In this case a Literary idea with some artistic merit, however, the idea was to promote the Portuguese language and its history in literature ... not even the arts!

(Remember that in every house and country there is a GOD and the children only go to fight all battles and wars for it!!!!!!!! Nothing else!)

There was no "sacrifice" needed ... for me, mom pretty much said that she would pay for my University education if I switched to Portuguese. And she hated many film and theater folks (which she knew I was studying!), whom she thought were "filthy" (dad had met many of them and translated others) ... which was not true, but for her Dali and Bunuel was all of them ... and she despised them, despite my dad even writing an one act play to satirize mom and her "pack of hens" ideals of morality! It had a similar feel to the opening of INTERVISTA (Fellini) if you have not seen it, you must!!!!! 

But we were, then, a part of a fascist government, and I think that my parents wanted out as soon as possible, thus the meaning of service in Portugal in those days, meant that you were sent to Angola or Mozambique! (Now you know why AD2's song about Mozambique is so valuable for me! Exactly what the foreigners did in Africa!). You're job would be ... to keep the "natives" in line! Poor, no food, and in their camps! 
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 08:21

What a doosh........Has Sharpe EVER said this about anyone else that actually deserved it?? I'm sure Brees will be cryin himself to sleep knowing Mr Yapmouth doesn't respect him.

Hi,

I think that for Brees this was just an errant pass ... it happens in every game, and sometimes it ends up in an interception. And it's not like Drew never threw a pass to a black receiver! Someone should have called SS's bluff and buried him and his comments!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>