Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 10:57
Do I start Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen on my fantasy team?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 12:30
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

It's fantasy football.....flip a coin Smile
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 14:43

Jets have to be the worst.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. When you look at that list, most of those teams have at least one or two bright spots (even the rebuilding Panthers have Run CMC). The Jets? Ugh. I mean, I still think Bell can be productive, if he is on the right team with a coaching staff that believes in him. And the safety Maye is pretty good. But outside of that...I see no proven commodities I'd want on my team. The dolphins are a close second, but they also aren't really playing for 2020 success. 

I would also say Gase is the worst head coach in the league, although Patricia gives him a run for his money. 

Edited by Man With Hat - September 21 2020 at 14:45
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 14:44

If the Bills can play the dolphins/jets every week, the decision would be easy. But eventually they will play a real team. Gotta ride with the best in the business atm, IMO. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 20:09
Brees is off his game badly, Raiders O thrashing Saints secondary........Carr looking good.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 21:57
I"m hoping this is just a missing Thomas situation more than anything else for the saints. 
Adaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 04:43
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

If you look up the word "futility" in Webster's Dictionary there will be a picture of a Detroit Lions' fan...with a paper bag on his head. Fire everyone. Even the hot dog vendors. Burn Ford Field to the ground. Castrate the Ford family so they cannot breed a new generation of owners. 
The Lions are the first team in history to lose 4 consecutive games in which they led by double digits.  Who knew there was anything new in the suck department that the Lions hadn't done before?

To put things in horrid perspective, Matt Patricia now has a worse coaching record (9-24-1) than Rod Marinelli (10-24). And Rod Marinelli had an 0-16 year. I watched the Green Bay and it was another monumental collapse. Dumb penalties, dumb mistakes, dumb coaching. 
After a lifetime of heartbreak, anger and frustration, I pretty much quit watching them a few years ago.  I still get updates on scores and find humor in reading the game lowlights afterwards to see how they found new and inventive ways to lose, but I can only watch them in small doses.  Yesterday I saw that they were winning 14 to 3 in the first half which surprised me.  I turned the game on about 1/2 hour later and it was the half and I saw that they were losing 17 to 14.  I left the room and was doing other things and when I flipped the game back on I saw that they were losing 31 to 14.  That was pretty much the end of what little interest I had.  I hate being a bandwagon fan, but until they give me a reason to be something other than that it is probably for the better.  

You're probably wise to have distanced yourself from them.  The horrors of the last twenty seasons have made me yearn for the glory days of Wayne Fontes, 9-7 records, and sporadic playoff appearances.  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 08:30
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

I"m hoping this is just a missing Thomas situation more than anything else for the saints. 

Part of it for last night......but they are off big time. This week is critical to them getting back on track with GB next Sunday.
Honestly its just what happens when you have no practice games to work out the kinks....Raider O looked pretty good considering.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 01:19
It's a good thing people aren;t allowed in the Georgia dome. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 15:39
First game postponement this weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123