Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Haken Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 15:36
^Key words....."To me.." I have heard what is out streaming. 'To me' it is a continuation of Vector, which is a good album. Honestly what has given me a bad taste on Haken was their live performance during the Vector tour....I was reminded of taking my teenage kids to see blessthefall, A7X and Atreyu, loud screamo metal.

Talk about no dynamics.......LOL so relax, me liking (or not) the album should have no bearing on your impressions of the album and direction of the band.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2020 at 23:31
Yep I'm not sure about this album on a few listens but because it's Haken I will listen to it again.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 08:38
I've been listening to this album a lot, really enjoy it. Contender for my favorite album of the year so far, but I anticipate Wobbler or King Gizzard ultimately taking that spot.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 08:54
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I've been listening to this album a lot, really enjoy it. Contender for my favorite album of the year so far, but I anticipate Wobbler or King Gizzard ultimately taking that spot.
Glad you like it. Carousel is one of the best tunes they've written. Overall, Visions is my favorite Haken album. Give it a listen, if you haven't.

I too am looking forward to Wobbler's new one. Any idea when? And I haven't given up on the Gizzard, but what I've heard (songs from several of their albums) is just meh.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - August 08 2020 at 08:57
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 09:06
I have received word that Wobblers album is coming out in October and preorders will begin this month^^ I'm a really big fan of King Gizzard, recently i've really been digging their album "Im in Your Mind Fuzz" which is more of a psychedelic rock album than a prog one, but it still kinda scratches that itch. Polygondwanaland is the full blown prog one, Crumbling Castle is one of my favorite modern prog tracks if you haven't heard it yet. Flying Microtonal Banana and Nonagon Infinity are the other two essentials, but if its not for you no worries Smile

Edited by dougmcauliffe - August 08 2020 at 09:15
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123