Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally, a new David Minasian album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMinasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally, a new David Minasian album
    Posted: May 17 2020 at 08:56
Hi all;
Finally, I got a new album coming out this summer plus a new single coming out today. Here's a press release...

So Far From Home is the first single off the forthcoming Golden Robot Records release The Sound of Dreams, a star-studded landmark recording from progressive rock keyboardist/composer David Minasian.
The song features Grammy Award winning guest artist PJ Olsson, best known as lead vocalist of The Alan Parsons Live Project. Olsson’s trademark vocal harmonies highlight this powerfully haunting and beautiful track.
The Sound of Dreams album, scheduled for release later this year, also features guest appearances from a number of legendary rock icons including vocalist/guitarist Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues, guitarist Steve Hackett of Genesis, vocalist Annie Haslam of Renaissance, bassist Billy Sherwood of Yes, and drummer Geof O’Keefe of Pentagram.

Only took 10 years, lol.

My best;
David Minasian

SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 02:53

Hi David,
Nice news! Who is playing on this particular track, So Far From Home, besides yourself and PJ Olsson?

Also, is there any way to hear the new track without having an account on Spotify or Apple Music? Maybe a YouTube video?

DavidMinasian View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMinasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 09:34
Hey SouthSide, good to hear from you!
Besides PJ on vocals and me on keys (piano, flutes, Mellotron strings and choir, etc), there is my son Justin (who played guitars on Random Acts of Beauty) on guitar and Geof O'Keefe (founder of Pentagram, yes the doom metal pioneers) on drums.

Here is a link to an article which has a YouTube video imbedded. This particular song you might consider to be somewhat 'commercial' but the rest of the album has lots of epics.

Enjoy!

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 09:56
looking forward to it!
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 11:04
Originally posted by DavidMinasian DavidMinasian wrote:

Hey SouthSide, good to hear from you!
Besides PJ on vocals and me on keys (piano, flutes, Mellotron strings and choir, etc), there is my son Justin (who played guitars on Random Acts of Beauty) on guitar and Geof O'Keefe (founder of Pentagram, yes the doom metal pioneers) on drums.

Here is a link to an article which has a YouTube video imbedded. This particular song you might consider to be somewhat 'commercial' but the rest of the album has lots of epics.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much! I will definitely want to hear the upcoming album and wish you the best of success with it.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMinasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2020 at 11:20
Hi all, 
The single So Far From Home has been getting great response, thank you to all of you for your kind messages.
Here is a direct YouTube link for those that haven't heard it yet.
An official music video will be coming later this week. 
And then another single after that, this one likely featuring Steve Hackett! And then the album!

Enjoy!
Dave

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMinasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2020 at 13:46
Hey everyone:
We had a live broadcast last night where we premiered our music video from the new album.
There were lots of interviews including an extensive one with Steve Hackett.
Check out the video below. Steve's interview starts around 22:30 and there is a preview of the new song he and I wrote together at around 32:00 which will be released as a single on Aug 10.

Enjoy!

My best;
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply