Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Live Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which one do you think is the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [40.00%]
4 [40.00%]
2 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Live Albums
    Posted: May 19 2020 at 14:51
Visited a local record store today, saw a copy of Canteen and got into a conversation with the employee on duty about Traffic and their live albums. We both agreed on On the Road being the better record but I would like to get the progarchive opinion on this subject as well. To be honest I had no idea "Last Great Traffic Jam" was a thing until I came home and started doing research for this so I'm curious to see how it does compared to the albums I've already heard. 
The most dangerous man in America.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 15:11
Welcome to the Canteen
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 21:58
Canteen was the only one I was aware about. Don't know the other two so obviously can't vote.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 03:05
all three are quite excellent IMHO (so is the Santa Monica film, BTW)

Surprisingly The Last Great Teaffic Jam is quite pleasant. Apparently they had given the youth a good lesson on how to rock it out in Woodstock 94 (since they'd missed the first one) the year before

Difficult to give a preference to one of them, but I always really liked OTR.
Maybe one day, Canteen will be extended to a second disc.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 03:56
"Welcome to the Canteen" is the only one with the entire original band.  (Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood and Dave Mason).

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 13:11
Welcome To The Canteen 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 13:55
Canteen.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 16:47
As somebody who really enjoys Steve Windood's music, I can honestly say I like all three albums very much, and don't have a preference between them. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 18:35
Even though not a fully ‘live’ album, side 2 of Last Exit is a blast - Winwood’s Hammond is blaring just the way I like it !!

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 22 2020 at 18:36
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 22:35
^Me too!
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 20:02
None of them.  I loved the 1st 3 Traffic albums.  Liked the 4th.  And then they lost my interest.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 21:11
Also, Steve Winwood put out an excellent double live album a couple of years ago. Excellent renditions of Traffic & solo hits.

Voted for On the Road over Canteen. Haven’t heard the other one.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2020 at 05:36
interesting in that the two other live performances out there of Traffic that haven't made it to albums yet would top any of the choices here if they were...

of the two.. I'll go for the aborted live Nov 70' Fillmore East album over the 72' Santa Monica vid....that ended up largely coming out as bonus tracks on a Barleycorn CD reissue..

of the choices..  On the Road.. for it did have some of the late period Traffic greats on it.

Edited by micky - May 30 2020 at 05:36
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply