Poll Question: Which one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
35 [47.95%]
38 [52.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2020 at 12:03
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Love beach? Jebus, I daren't even take that out of tbe cupboard without feeling physically sick. Does it really have a track called "Taste of my love"? Would anybody really think to themselves, hmmm I fancy a bit of ELP, I know, lets put on that monster of prog....love beach...🤣🤣
It’s more like this - “I’ve just listened to their first 5 albums over and over, now onto Works and Love Beach and enjoy it for what it is “. Now, sure, it doesn’t stack up to the early albums, nowhere near, but it’s worth the occasional spin.

Yeah...but ive got thousands if cd's and will continue to add at a rate of three or four per week for the next thirty years....love beach will remain in my completionist set I am sure...
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 16:37
The fact that Greg Lake refused to take a production credit for Love Beach was a sure sign it was a doomed project. Emerson bemoaned the fact that he didn't have an orchestra to play with . I think Palmer enjoyed himself and plays really well. That is the main reason I can listen to it occasionally. 
Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 09:37
Yes - "Tormato"
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 17:26
YES "Tormato"
countdm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 23:20
ATTWT has it's fair share of moments, certainly better to me than Tormato.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 23:46
I like most of Tormato, never really been able to get into ATTWT
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2020 at 09:01
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

And then there were 3 ----as Banks said with Hackett contributions on it would have been a real classic---(Burning Rope)---I love opening and closing songs (think opening jam on Silent wings is awesome) and Onward on Tormato but band was falling apart and running out of ideas. On Three-- Genesis was trying to prove something.
Banks had something nice to say about Hackett? Quite the opposite though as Genesis seemed to be holding onto the past while Yes was itching to explore the future.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2020 at 23:51
Originally posted by Spacegod87 Spacegod87 wrote:

Tormato, I can listen to most of that album and enjoy it.
I like 1 (maybe 2) songs off ATTWT.
And forcing myself to listen to, 'Follow you, Follow me' is like forcing my head into a woodchipper.

Same with me
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 09:10
Originally posted by judahbenkenobi judahbenkenobi wrote:

Originally posted by Spacegod87 Spacegod87 wrote:

Tormato, I can listen to most of that album and enjoy it.
I like 1 (maybe 2) songs off ATTWT.
And forcing myself to listen to, 'Follow you, Follow me' is like forcing my head into a woodchipper.

Same with me
Cool avatar. I remember that poster well as it hung in my friend's "party" room.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234