Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 13:30
As for the next poll, I wouldn't mind if it start this weekend and then have the nomination period run longer until the next weekend for voting. While I don't have the holiday excuse, I am busy with work right now, so having weekends to nominate and then vote is good for me. 
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 14:29
I would have no problem in starting some time tomorrow. I already had a few ideas for nominations when I first proposed the poll, almost two months ago now. We can take it easy, especially as a lot of people are on vacation now, and things are a bit slower.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 14:36
Even though I have no life (just kidding, but I am retired), I am totally behind the polls taking more than over a single weekend, with the alternatives, it must be daunting for some to actually listen and make up their minds so quickly, especially those who are still working.  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 16:01
Glad to read you.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 10:38
So TCat (8/24) is next in line for an interactive poll. What's the topic? EmbarrassedTongue
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 10:59
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

So TCat (8/24) is next in line for an interactive poll. What's the topic? EmbarrassedTongue

I've been debating that myself as of late.  I've got a lot of ideas for themes and even thought about just doing a non-themed, open poll since we haven't done one of those for a while.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 11:05
who's gonna do the women singers/songwriters/vocalists/musicians round? 
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 12:12
That is also one I was considering, but if you want that one, it’s okay with me. I have many other options.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 13:15
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

That is also one I was considering, but if you want that one, it’s okay with me. I have many other options.

no, I thought there was already someone who wanted to do this. Confused
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 13:41

So <span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">TCat (8/24) is next in line for an interactive poll. What's the topic? EmbarrassedTongue</span>

I've been debating that myself as of late.  I've got a lot of ideas for themes and even thought about just doing a non-themed, open poll since we haven't done one of those for a while.

Yes, it may be a good idea, Mike.

And if you want, you can open the poll even to the proto prog / prog related songs. I remember you asked me something about this option.

Anyway, as you prefer.

I will open a poll on the songs of the sixties.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - August 23 2020 at 13:49
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 13:44

no, I thought there was already someone who wanted to do this. Confused
  I had brought up singer/songwriters and then decided to narrow it with gentlemen first (for a change).  No problem if someone else wants to take up the ladies in this genre when their turn comes.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 15:19
With my unscheduled schedule being so messed up lately, it is probably best for me just to do a non-themed poll this time, so basically, just post whatever you like this time.  I had forgot that I mentioned opening up the options to include proto prog and prog related, and I think that is a good idea since those categories always seem to get left out.  That doesn't mean that you have to use those categories it only leaves you all with more options.  Anyway, we'll start that one tomorrow.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 15:25

With my unscheduled schedule being so messed up lately, it is probably best for me just to do a non-themed poll this time, so basically, just post whatever you like this time.  I had forgot that I mentioned opening up the options to include proto prog and prog related, and I think that is a good idea since those categories always seem to get left out.  That doesn't mean that you have to use those categories it only leaves you all with more options.  Anyway, we'll start that one tomorrow.

non themed is fine and also non-prog. 
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 17:02
Probably my next turn will only be in the far future, however I have an idea that I'd like to run past you first, because I have a certain suspicion that there is not that much enthusiasm for that kind of music, at least if it's non-prog, but I'm not sure.

I'm talking about all things electronic, techno, experimental, ambient, trip hop, whatever. Can have vocals, can maybe have one traditional instrument (can't really stop that from happening given that a guitar is pretty important to Tangerine Dream's sound and they also have used a drummer to good effect), but the general sound should be out there in the spheres of the synthetic and digital...

This only makes sense if you have fun with it... would you?

Edited by Lewian - August 23 2020 at 17:03
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 18:29
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Probably my next turn will only be in the far future, however I have an idea that I'd like to run past you first, because I have a certain suspicion that there is not that much enthusiasm for that kind of music, at least if it's non-prog, but I'm not sure.

I'm talking about all things electronic, techno, experimental, ambient, trip hop, whatever. Can have vocals, can maybe have one traditional instrument (can't really stop that from happening given that a guitar is pretty important to Tangerine Dream's sound and they also have used a drummer to good effect), but the general sound should be out there in the spheres of the synthetic and digital...

This only makes sense if you have fun with it... would you?

Sounds good to me.

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 18:43
Not an area I know much music, but am interested in hearing more, which is one reason why enjoy these polls in general. I would have fun with it.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 08:35
I'm ready for the next poll. Who's doing it and what's the theme? Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 08:47

I'm ready for the next poll. Who's doing it and what's the theme? Tongue

It looks like it's me for this week according to Lorenzo's list. I can start it up tonight or tomorrow. As for theme, I haven't decided for certain, but I am thinking it might be interesting to do 3 to 4 minute songs/instruentals. Run nominations for a week and then voting for a few days after.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 09:03
4 minutes max. instrumentals? Can we make it 5 minutes max? Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 09:37

4 minutes max. instrumentals? Can we make it 5 minutes max? Big smile

4 minute max songs OR instrumentals to clarify. I am aiming to hearing some short but sweet tunes as it seems we tend to go for longer pieces. Also as an homage to the old standard 45 single length of 3 to 4 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 52>