Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 09:39
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

4 minutes max. instrumentals? Can we make it 5 minutes max? Big smile

4 minute max songs OR instrumentals to clarify. I am aiming to hearing some short but sweet tunes as it seems we tend to go for longer pieces. Also as an homage to the old standard 45 single length of 3 to 4 minutes.

vocals or no vocals? or just instrumentals?
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:08

4 minute max songs OR instrumentals to clarify. I am aiming to hearing some short but sweet tunes as it seems we tend to go for longer pieces. Also as an homage to the old standard 45 single length of 3 to 4 minutes.

Either. It's open vocals or no vocals. Or should I restrict to just vocals?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:13

Either. It's open vocals or no vocals. Or should I restrict to just vocals?

it's your decision. 
ok, 3-4 minutes songs, that could be a lot of things. LOLErmm
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:14
I think it would be interesting to have an instrumental one and another for vocals with the 3-4 minute restriction.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:17
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I think it would be interesting to have an instrumental one and another for vocals with the 3-4 minute restriction.

I don't remember who, sorry Embarrassed, but a round of instrumental was suggested, someone was thinking it was a good idea. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:29
Then it will be 3-4 songs with vocals. Yes, it still is wide open, but should be interesting to see how we view music that we like in 3-4 minute length. There's a tendency in the polls to have longer songs. The last poll had 13 of the 16 over 4 minutes. (Also, keeps our listening time down. Smile)
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:32
Max 4 minutes is a good theme (not sure though why you wouldn't allow <3 minutes). Personally I don't see why it needs a restriction of vocals or non-vocals, but I happily take part in whatever it'll be.

Edited by Lewian - September 02 2020 at 10:33
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:35

The thing with this kind of suggestion, even though what you write is not wrong, is that you can't plan other people's polls. So unless you're planning to run an instrumental one yourself, that one might as well never happen if things are restricted to vocals now.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:40
I believe it is Lorenzo's turn, not sure when he is back from his holiday, though. 
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 10:50
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

The thing with this kind of suggestion, even though what you write is not wrong, is that you can't plan other people's polls. So unless you're planning to run an instrumental one yourself, that one might as well never happen if things are restricted to vocals now.
It wasn't my intention to interfere, I was just sharing the idea. I can make one eventually, depending on the current schedule.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 11:52
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

I believe it is Lorenzo's turn, not sure when he is back from his holiday, though. 
Lorenzo's list on one of the previous pages has me at 8/31 and him at 9/7. We're now in between, as we haven't been strictly one poll per week. I am okay to start one this week or not.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 13:55
Right you are, George!  I was remembering that he was gone for August and then it would be his turn, but you've not had yours yet.  It IS barely Sept after all.  Smile
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 16:07

Lorenzo's list on one of the previous pages has me at 8/31 and him at 9/7. We're now in between, as we haven't been strictly one poll per week. I am okay to start one this week or not.

Yes, you are right!

You can open the poll, but if you prefer you can wait until saturday/sunday.

I will open my poll on the 9/14.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 02 2020 at 16:36
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 17:36
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Yes, you are right!

You can open the poll, but if you prefer you can wait until saturday/sunday.

I will open my poll on the 9/14.

Got some time right now, so I will probably open it up tonight. We can run the nominating period longer than usual. Now, to draft the opener and determine my songs.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2020 at 17:50
Yay!  Clap
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2020 at 19:20
Dear friends, 

The poll that I will open on Monday 14 will have songs from the Sixties as its theme.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2020 at 19:40
Fun!  Clap
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 03:01
Dear friends, waiting for Logan to tell us if he intends to open the next poll, who is a candidate to open those of the following weeks?
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 04:21
As I said, at some point I'd like to do one about all things electronic, but I think it's some other people's turn first (haven't counted though).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 06:36
I just did the previous one on 2-4 minute dongs, but would like to sometime in the future follow with the non-prog epic poll, maybe 8-15 minute songs, but with one nomination (maybe allow one alternative) to keep the time not too crazy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>