Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nemo - Most Underrated Prog Band?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 14:17
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

well , this thread could use some YT samples thrown around so we could get better acquainted with this second Nemo.....

... Since the first (and real) Nemo had Bréant and Marcoeur in its ranks (FTM, I thought I was opening a thread about that band).

TBH, their album artworks are repelling me... Looks like a second-rate neo-prog band from the 80's & 90's.

The Prog Corner
TheCaptain View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 23:18
If I could only listen to one prog band whose first album was released in the 21st century, it would easily be Nemo. Every album has at least one 5 star track in it and each album is at least a 3.5. JPL is the most emotive singer I can think of since Peter Hammill. Unfortunately, there are plenty of downsides. I rarely feel they push any boundaries. They're not technically impressive. They have a lot of filler.

Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

well , this thread could use some YT samples thrown around so we could get better acquainted with this second Nemo.....

My favorite song:

If sitting around for 25 minutes is an unrealistic proposal, a backup:

Edited by TheCaptain - July 24 2020 at 23:20
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 01:35
^^^^

ShockedShockedShockedWell that was expectedly (by me anyways) horrendous!! Evil SmileTongueClownWink

I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, though!!

Everything I expected when seeing the artworks (so at least it's honest in that way) but sorry this kind of semi-metallic-neoprog is not my thing, really

Edited by Sean Trane - July 25 2020 at 01:36
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 02:43
I really like their music but I got to agree about the artwork. I think "Coma" on vinyl has the nicest cover (the lettering on the CD doesn't look great).
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnobvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 11:17
I have all their studio albums and they are one of my favorites. JPL's talent is on par with many of the band leaders/songwriters in the genre but the French vocals have limited their efforts I am sure. While I do love them, being unable to understand French can somewhat limit my ability to connect fully with some of their songs. But in a just world their reach would be larger, especially since I think they really only have one foot in prog and another in more mainstream rock.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 14:22
Nemo provides great music, but vocals remain a weak point, as for many french groups. Imagine Nemo with Damian Wilson...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12