Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New WytchCrypt Album & EP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New WytchCrypt Album & EP
    Posted: July 07 2020 at 18:27
Hi all,

my band WytchCrypt (found here in the "Experimental/Post Metal" subgenre, https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9666, though outside of PA it's usually considered "Progressive Doom") has just released a new album.  "Fantasmagorique" consists of 5 extended pieces; "Acolyte" and "Wytches" top 11 minutes, "Skinwalker" clocks in at just under 10 minutes, "Sorceror" is over 9 minutes and "Changeling" is a 7 minute bonus track. 

Unlike the first WytchCrypt album, 2014's "Novembre Sorciere Crypte", the new album adds vocals, steel guitar and additional keyboard textures to the original foundation of downtuned guitars, bass, drums and mellotron.  Another commonality to the first album is the continued use of poly-rhythms and harmonic techniques derived from the 12 tone compositional theory of composer Arnold Schoenberg.

In addition to the new album, I've also added info on the 2019 EP, "Nous Villons Dans L'Ombre" to the bands discography.  This 3 song EP provides a bridge between the doom with mellotron approach of the first album and the more adventurous new release.

All three albums, including lyrics can be found on the bands newly created Bandcamp page at: https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

If your interests lean towards experimental post metal, adventurous doom or even heavy prog (WytchCrypt was originally nominated on PA as Heavy Prog but ultimately approved as Experimental/Post Metal), check out the bands music, especially the new album.  The combination of doom metal, mellotron, prog and dark lyrics make for a unique style that could be just what your ears are searching for!

Edited by The.Crimson.King - July 07 2020 at 18:32
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2020 at 06:30
Hello ! I keep being impressed by this ability to produce whole albums from first scratch, all with lyrics, playing, singing everything, exploring this particular musical territory of yours.

Let's not call the Inquisition and burn those occultists too quickly indeed : they keep inspiring musical projects  that might turn to be be good for one's mental sanity !

Soft spots of mine for nr 2 and 5
 Post Reply Post Reply