Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create Your Own Blackmore's Night Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create Your Own Blackmore's Night Album
    Posted: July 11 2020 at 13:53
Guitar legend Ritchie Blackmore and American singer Candice Night first got together under the SHADOW OF THE MOON and formed Blackmore's Night back in 1997. Their particular brand of Prog-Folk is best listened to UNDER A VIOLET MOON in front of blazing log FIRES AT MIDNIGHT. That's when we fondly remember those nostalgic PAST TIMES WITH GOOD COMPANY. The Folk music of Blackmore's Night is as charmingly delicate as the GHOST OF A ROSE glowing in the light of THE VILLAGE LANTERNE during a Christmas WINTER CAROLS service. It's time now to take a SECRET VOYAGE with Blackmore's Night under an AUTUMN SKY as A KNIGHT IN YORK romances the DANCER AND THE MOON and we remember ALL OUR YESTERDAYS.

Yes, it's make your own album time again and this time it's the turn of Blackmore's Night. The usual rules apply:- Simply choose *one song* from each of the ten studio albums listed below to create your own personalised ten-track album. The world is your lobster in the kingdom of prog, so go for it! Smile

4 stars 1997: Blackmore's Night - Shadow of the Moon - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k05cNhWZBvX2u2aNOjC69aPArb8vFC1ko
 4 stars 1999: Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l1qO2ft43nbAgugXPergSFOe7bCX_w0RI
 4 stars 2002: Blackmore's Night - Past Times with Good Company - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9-9TKJ2IcxTGMlwvy6OPh0zraPNqmy1f
 4 stars 2004: Blackmore's Night - Beyond the Sunset (The Romantic Collection) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_moS8wPQJKUXz3FSfYBAq1QO99fb_thSiM
 4 stars 2006: Blackmore's Night - The Village Lanterne - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lKAYYd9P3z83cYtDxxtpske-V4Bpz--4M
 5 stars 2007: Blackmore's Night - Paris Moon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWlP9am1HY
 5 stars 2012: Blackmore's Night - A Knight in York - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZSyla5jLI
 4 stars 2013: Blackmore's Night - Dancer and the Moon - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nQu-ZohBUn1KRf0WxPr9GPZoAKTgLbC6E
 4 stars 2015: Blackmore's Night - All Our Yesterdays - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kLcxWc1Lsv_wNyyQGfDuXL52BUhTdf_P4

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 11 2024 at 04:42
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2020 at 13:53

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2020 at 14:00
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2020 at 14:18
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2020 at 14:21

Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 19:51
Is this the silent thread?
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 19:54

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 19:56
However, I do have enjoyed a few of their albums, and found it interesting. Though I would have liked him to use some of this influences back with Deep Purple, specially some acoustic parts to spice up the hard rocking. Still, I only know their last 2 or 3 albums, so I wouldn't know what to choose... I do want to get some more from them, but I'm not sure I'm ready to start getting their whole discography... perhaps a few live albums, I read they were supposed to be better live anyway. Yet, I'm really interested in getting their version of Greensleeves, as well as Bob Dylan's The Times They are A-Changing.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 20:15
I only have the first album "shadow of the moon" but I quite enjoy it. I plan on getting the few after it too. However, I've heard that the later ones aren't so good. 
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 23:43
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

It was certainly beginning to look that way until you came along and saved this thread from disappearing off the prog radar. Smile

I haven't listened to any of Blackmore's Night's albums all the way through, so this thread will give me the opportunity to do precisely that to pick my favourite songs. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 12 2020 at 23:46
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 08:20
I’ve only got the first three albums its i interesting, mellow, folklore and the vocals are incredible but I haven’t heard anything else by Blackmore’s Night
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 09:09
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

I’ve only got the first three albums its i interesting, mellow, folklore and the vocals are incredible but I haven’t heard anything else by Blackmore’s Night

I'd almost forgotten this thread was here, so thanks for reminding me. Thumbs Up

I'll have to finally get around to posting some Blackmore's Night videos soon. Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 11:55
Yeah, I think I should get their first two or 3 albums, as well as a few live ones. That along with the last few ones that I did get should give me a good overview of their music.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 12:31

Yeah, I think I should get their first two or 3 albums, as well as a few live ones. That along with the last few ones that I did get should give me a good overview of their music.

I'll post a couple of favourite songs/videos from two albums at a time, as listening to ten Blackmore's Night albums all in a row will be a bit too much for one listening session. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 00:34
Okay, I've finally got around to posting some Blackmore's Night videos here, so here are my first two song selections from their first two albums.....

1. Shadow of the Moon (Shadow of the Moon)

2. Past Times with Good Company (Under a Violet Moon)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 02:40
3. The Times They Are a -Changin' (Fires at Midnight)

4. Way to Mandalay (Ghost of a Rose)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 04:57
5. Village Lanterne (The Village Lanterne)

6. Christmas Eve (Winter Carols)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 07:08
7. Locked within the Crystal Ball (Secret Voyage)

8. Highland (Autumn Sky)

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 08:27

nope, they're making the perfect BN compilation by assembling all the silences between the tracks StarStarStarStarBig smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 08:37
9. Dancer and the Moon (Dancer and the Moon)

10. All Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays)

That's all from Blackmore's Night for now. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - August 03 2020 at 06:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>