Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Acid for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Acid for Crossover
    Posted: July 12 2020 at 03:40
Battery Acid is from the United States and Battery Acid is the alias/stage name of the musician. Battery Acid’s first album was released on July 2nd, 2020. The album incorporates many genres. Battery Acid wrote all the music on the debut album. Battery Acid’s music is on almost all streaming platforms including Spotify and Apple Music.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/battery_acid_band_?igshid=donhma5dali7

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/5mxnph5hrmICFx3TQpkK6Q?si=2BG5qbGaQu6BJdTaOJFC8w

Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/artist/battery-acid/1522921066

Album cover: https://ibb.co/cCqB63Q

Edited by MercuryFire - December 20 2020 at 05:40
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 03:51
Thought they’d be a Tech/Extreme band with a name like that !!
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 06:07
Originally posted by MercuryFire MercuryFire wrote:

Battery Acid was formed in 2020 in the United States. Their debut album ( which is a concept album ) was released on July 2nd, 2020 and is on almost all streaming platforms including Spotify and Apple Music.
It's fine you can provide more detailed biography and samples. Thanks.
MercuryFire View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 06:24
Hi, what else would you want me to include? And what do you mean by samples?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 13:59
welcome to the forum
a somewhat uneven production I'd say, stylistically this and that, canterbury, avantgarde, partially reminds me of Peter Hammill
definitely not psych/space

in any case album info aka liner notes are strictly required, involved musicians, instruments
a more detailed biography, band picture and origin aso

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 15:37
Thank you, I changed the genre to Crossover. I think the artist wants to remain anonymous.

Edited by MercuryFire - July 12 2020 at 17:16
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 04:21
When will the band be up? Thank you :)
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 04:41
We don't know if it will be up. It needs to be evaluated first by the relevant team to see if it is considered suitable -- all collabs here are volunteers, and the submission should be as detailed as possible. If insufficient info is offered and/or available, and requests for info are not acted on or available, then it likely will not be evaluated.

Please read this: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122381

By the way, it's not unknown that musicians may wish to remain anonymous (in the case of say The Residents, that can create more of an air of mystery), but we would need some kind of bio and more info to proceed. Seems so far that the musician only has an EP. It might be better to evaluate when/if another album is released. I can't even find it on rateyourmusic (which is not that uncommon for new self-produced artists). There is a Battery Acid listed there from 1996.

Edited by Logan - August 07 2020 at 04:52
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 05:24
Hi, thank you for the response. Everything I said above is what is known about Battery Acid. That Battery Acid from 1996 isn’t this Battery Acid. This one started working on the EP in early 2020.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 05:43
Yep, I realised it's not the same. I had a short lived quasi band with Acid in the title, Acid Enema. One way would be to try to contact the artist if possible -- maybe through Instagram (I don't have an Instagram account, nor a Spotify account as I see you need to be a member to stream the Batter Acid music there). The he could maybe provide more info to create some kind of bio while remaining anonymous. A few of my favourites have kept their anonymity (such as the person behind Kosmischer Läufer who developed an elaborate back story). I still think it might be better to wait and see if the person releases more than an EP, but I'm not a Crossover team member, and that's their call. Without sufficient info we couldn't really proceed. By the way, how did you come across the artist?
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 07:34
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

By the way, how did you come across the artist?
It's his project I guess. 

No idea if one ep can be appropriate for eval but I'll ask other Team members. Thanks for suggestion.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercuryFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 16:02
Came across the artist in my Progressive Rock discord chat, and I looked them up on prog archives and I saw Battery Acid wasn’t here. So I decided I’d help out and get Battery Acid on this website ( since it’s such a great website ) also, I have Battery Acid’s instagram. Anything else you’d want me to message Battery Acid?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 16:32
It would be much easier to communicate with Battery Acid directly (save having to try to communicate things through you if other questions come up) -- he would have to write the bio and make sure that all team members have free access to his music. Please ask him to register at PA and join this discussion if he is interested in being included. That doesn't mean he'd be accepted and it may be better to wait for a full length studio album. Or he can PM the Crossover team members directly if he likes-- he could also do an email submission. I'm not on that team and have no say on how that goes.

Edited by Logan - August 07 2020 at 16:38
Atomic Relic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomic Relic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 21:28
Very interesting band for sure. I definitely enjoyed the EP. Hopefully a member of the crossover team could add this band to the website. Production isn’t perfect but very promising stuff.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2020 at 00:01
Sorry they have been rejected. But hey, another opportunity to get evaluated will come if they release a full-length creation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply