Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gentle Giant New Version of "Proclamation"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassonyonpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gentle Giant New Version of "Proclamation"
    Posted: July 15 2020 at 13:20

Gentle Giant Reunite Virtually For First Time In 4 Decades For New Video Along With Members of King Crimson, Yes and More!

Prog Legends Gentle Giant reunite for new version of “Proclamation” premiered by PROG Magazine

The classic Gentle Giant line-up have reunited for the first time since 1980 for a unique new video. Pieced together over the last few months, it’s a brand new performance of “Proclamation” (originally from the band’s 1974 album “The Power & The Glory”) including appearances from Gentle Giant alumni Derek, Ray and Phil Shulman, Gary Green, Kerry Minnear, John Weathers and Malcolm Mortimore. There are also guest appearances by numerous notable musicians including Jakko Jakszyk (King Crimson), Billy Sherwood (YES), Lee Pomeroy (ELO/Steve Hackett), Dan Reed (Dan Reed Network), Richard Hilton (Chic) and Mikey Heppner (Priestess).

Watch the video:
https://www.loudersound.com/news/gentle-giant-premiere-fan-video-of-proclamation?fbclid=IwAR2U8vsVwxFedxF0od-nHqFusazMoCZZuhhPhMV3sZOgJ-OxES2_qKIg3Jo

“This terrible pandemic is being felt all over the world and with everyone being stuck at home, I figured now would be the perfect time to bring positivity out in the world, bring everyone together and celebrate our love of music and Gentle Giant,” explains Noah Shulman, son of Derek and mastermind behind this project tp Dom Lawson of PROG Magazine. “Over the years I was always amazed with how many people were filming their renditions of Gentle Giant tracks from all over the world on an array of instruments. So that sparked the idea of wanting to see them all in one place, blending sounds and instruments into a single track.”

Directed and edited by Noah Shulman and mixed by his uncle Ray, the video is likely to be remembered most for the momentous reuniting of the real Gentle Giant, albeit only briefly and via to the wonders of remote communication. Seeing that the band have never seemed likely to reform, this is a significant and exciting moment for Gentle Giant fans everywhere. Says Noah, “It’s a sort of thank you from the band to the fans.”

For more information:
Twitter: @GGIANTMUSIC
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gentlegiantband/
Instagram: @gentlegiantband

Press inquiries (North America): Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158, [email protected]
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 13:27
The holy trifecta of Gentle Giant, Wobbler and King Gizzard are going to save 2020! This is so amazing.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 13:37
This is the most exciting thing I’ve watched for a long time. Long live The Giant !! Good health to all involved.
What a great way to start the day !!
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 16:12
Wonderful!!! Can't believe this. Thanks Gentle Giant!!!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 17:09
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

The holy trifecta of Gentle Giant, Wobbler and King Gizzard are going to save 2020! This is so amazing.
Don't overlook, French TV, Haken, Lonely Robot, and Pat Metheny. Video is killer.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 17:31
I could have used more of the of the actual GG members but it's a small quibble.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2020 at 01:48
I thought it sounded great, and it was a fun video too. Great idea...
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2020 at 08:32
Listening to The Power and The Glory right now. Just AMAZING. 25 years+ of listening and GG still beyond awesome.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2020 at 09:53
Very, very cool video !!
Crimsoncrow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2020 at 14:28
I've always dreamed of one day seeing Gentle Giant at a live concert - unfortunately I'm from a generation that didn't have that chance! All the great Prog bands somehow managed to reunite and this gave a chance to their "younger" fans to listen to them live. I have already stopped dreaming about it, but this video somehow made me very happy and made me feel even half the realization of my dream. :) It's great and I'm very happy for it!
By the way, one of the ladies who sings in the video is a close friend of mine - we even had music projects with her.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2020 at 11:58
Hi,

For the many fans in PA of "progressive music", if you ever want to find out how important all over the world Gentle Giant was and how much people appreciated their music ... here it is ... one of the most fascinating tributes ... something that can't be described in words, and all you can do at the end is lay down and go to sleep for a few hours, glad, peaceful, and excited ... another lovely day at the sunshine of your creativity in life ... this band was fantastic ... and I like what GG once said ... we never wrote anything ... we just played ... and if you don't see this, please go back to your top ten.

And, finally, lovely to see the streaming value of the co-ordination of these folks which I have said time and again, that it can be done, and more bands need to learn to take advantage of it instead of thinking that gyrating their crotches in front of fans to sell more t-shirts (or leather pants in some cases!!!), is what live music is all about ... there is more ... a lot more ... and we need to start caring for it more, even more than that!

Thanks all, and specially the GG members, for having brought together this ... impossible to really put it into words!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply