FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP John Lewis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP John Lewis
    Posted: August 11 2020 at 13:30
In a prog blog? Puzzling.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 16:26
Hi,

I wish that many more of these folks were remembered for their work ... I had a chance to march with Dr. MLK and Father Groppi in Madison, WI and I am not sure I had met folks that were so with it as I did on that day.

It wasn't a show ... it was a GO!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 09:46
A brave and honorable man, and sorely needed today.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 07:42
Honest good loving man---not many in politics these days--RIP.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 22:02
His memorial today was just wonderful.  Showed what a single human being can do that is on the side of what is right.  I was also proud of all 3 Presidents who spoke today.  May John Robert Lewis rest in peace, may we always hear his message and follow his example.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 21:24
Yep. Sad news. He was a very important figure in the civil rights movement. RIP.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 21:08
A man of honor and a true American hero. Something we increasingly lack, or worse, seek to mute in this country.
Antelope Freeway View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antelope Freeway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 20:22
Does my heart good to see that many of you thought to post something about this guy. He was my congressman here in Atlanta. But even if he wasn't— what an awesome man. What a great example of a Human Being. Again, I'm proud to be associated with you fellow Prog-heads who also honored this man.
Antelope Freeway
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 16:24
At least he lived to see it.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 16:22
Especially poignant with all the BLM protests going on. If he could, he would have been at the front line. Cry
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 07:39
Sooner or later, we all have to go, but it's always something sad for the ones who are left behind. May he rest in peace.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2020 at 17:45
Civil rights leader. Will be missed.
 Post Reply Post Reply