Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog Rock Dock Concert Series
    Posted: July 20 2020 at 15:48
Prog Rock Dock Concert Series: a dedicated YouTube channel with a long-running series of concert compilations featuring some of our best-loved Progressive Rock artists from both the classic and modern era of prog. Heart

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Volume 1: Encore

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Volume 2: The Epics

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 21 2020 at 05:05
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 16:43
I've watched loads of them during lock down - very good indeed!!!!
(I went out for my first pint since March 22nd last night. Had a pint of Theakston's Best Bitter and hated it. It looks like lock down has resulted in me losing my taste for beer, which is a bit embarrassing for me, having been a CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) member since 1976. At least Prog Rock Dock and other you tube channels allowed me to find lots of new prog and I certainly haven't lost my taste for that!!)
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 16:55
^ Amazingly, I only discovered the Prog Rock Dock Concert Series today. I have a lot of catching up to do. I might well be entering a proggy version of lockdown over the coming months ahead, just by staying in and watching the many concerts in the series. Smile

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Genesis, Yes & Focus Live 1972-73

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 4 - Pink Floyd & Marillion

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 21 2020 at 05:08
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 23:09
Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 5 - The Flower Kings and Spock's Beard (a concert that should appeal to my friend, Geek Freak Wink)

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 6 - IQ and Quidam

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 21 2020 at 05:14
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 05:17
Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 7 - Mike Oldfield, Vangelis and Tangerine Dream

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 8 - Magenta and Karnataka

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 05:45
This is a good You Tube channel. Thanks for posting it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 05:52
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

This is a good You Tube channel. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks Manuel. I'll keep the concerts coming. Smile

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 9 - Jon Anderson, Steve Hackett and David Gilmour

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 10 - Nightwish, Kamelot and Epica

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 09:02
Hi,

Some outstanding things here in this series, and although my preference would be to see some new things that you and I are not as well versed on, and after a while other than the Jon Anderson thing with that orchestra (outstanding), most of it was very nice and a great listen ... but a bit too much top ten for me, but it was watchable and then some ... I took the first 2 in one evening on the earphones ... until at midnight, I had to get to bed ... but it was still too hot outside ... we just had another 90+ day, and it was tough. The music made it nicer!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 10:25
^ Hi Moshkito. I'm glad this series of concerts made the hot and steamy weather a bit more bearable for you. All of the concerts on this thread are new to me, as I only discovered them on YouTube a couple of days ago, so I have a lot of listening to do. Smile Here's a couple more.....

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series 11 - Yes and Asia

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Big Big Train

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 13:42
Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Yes and Dream Theater

Prog Rock Dock Concert Series - Porcupine Tree, Riverside and Anathema

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 23:16
Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 1

Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 2

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 00:06
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I've watched loads of them during lock down - very good indeed!!!!
(I went out for my first pint since March 22nd last night. Had a pint of Theakston's Best Bitter and hated it. It looks like lock down has resulted in me losing my taste for beer, which is a bit embarrassing for me, having been a CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) member since 1976. At least Prog Rock Dock and other you tube channels allowed me to find lots of new prog and I certainly haven't lost my taste for that!!)

Its probably been sitting in the barrel too long. If you have lost your taste for beer then best get tested asap WinkShocked
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 02:09
Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 3

Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 4

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 04:41
Prog Rock Dock: A Shut-In Show Special - Echoes - Live from the Dark Side - Electric Pink Floyd Tribute

Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 6

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 09:15
Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 7

Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 8 - Cover Song Special

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 11:55
Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show - Episode 9

Prog Rock Dock: The Shut-In Show Special - Echoes - An Acoustic Tribute to Pink Floyd

That's about it for now for Prog Rock Dock concerts, but there's hopefully more than enough live prog there to keep you all entertained for awhile. Smile
ProgRockDock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProgRockDock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 01:22
Thanks for the notice, Psychedelic Paul! Plenty more concerts to come. All for one and One For The Vine!~Sebastian
~ All for one and one for the vine!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 01:29
Originally posted by ProgRockDock ProgRockDock wrote:

Thanks for the notice, Psychedelic Paul! Plenty more concerts to come. All for one and One For The Vine!~Sebastian

Thanks for uploading all of these great concerts to YouTube. I've really enjoyed watching the first four concerts in the series and I'll be watching Spock's Beard and The Flower Kings later on today.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 07:32
Hi,

That Mike Oldfield concert is from EXPOSED ... which will really tell you how good his music is ... that concert is a once in a lifetime thing ... you can't get any better.

You got Pierre and Benoit Moerlin duking it out a couple of times, you got Pekka Pohjola basing along, you got David Bedford that did the string arrangements ... and then some !!!! ... and Nico Ramsden on guitars with Mike. If that is not enough, the wonderful voice of Maddy Prior enchants the whole evening.

When I got the album at the time, I thought that it was, by far, one of the best concerts ever put together until many years later when you see that Vangelis Concert on the waters in Greece ... with all the choirs and singers in that thing, it was an amazing night ... one will never see something like that at all ... on top of it, it started getting wet, and they covered the keyboards with plastic to make sure things worked and did not get wet ... he appeared very concerned at one moment as it was obviously falling on his mixer to his left.

Things like this, don't happen every day ... and you know that it is a one chance in a lifetime to enjoy something different ... so considering that some folks find Mike boring, I'm not sure that those folks are listening to anything but a 4/4 rock band that features in Guitar Hero.

One other bit ... Quidam was very nice, and the guest violin player did a wonderful bunch of parts, and a thought came to mind ... the guy that played the flute ... how folks are going to say that he sounds like Ian Anderson ... why not ... such a small instrument that you have to blow into it ... and unless your name is Linda Spa and use a lot of electronics on it, it's going to sound the same ... but it was used very well.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 23:40
^ Thanks! The Mike Oldfield, Vangelis & Tangerine Dream video in Concert Series 7 is the one I'm REALLY forward to, and I'm planning to watch it later this evening. Out of the six concert series I've viewed so far, I found Marillion to be the dullest and most disappointing of all, and Pink Floyd was the best in my opinion, and funnily enough, they were both featured in the same video. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>