Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think that KC will release new music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote softandwet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you think that KC will release new music?
    Posted: July 22 2020 at 12:16
"When you want to hear where music is going in the future, you put on a King Crimson album."
- Bill Bruford, 1995

I want to know where music is going in the future!
So don’t evade the surgeon’s blade
Cos the answer could be in your mind
Maybe one cut and we’ll find
We’re just a wavelength behind

But we are entwined

And I know what you need
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 12:50
Hope not. And the future of music? Lots of incredible stuff by new bands. Search and find.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 12:51
I'd love to hear new music but it doesn't seem likely unless it's picking particular tracks off the live releases.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 12:51
Pretty doubtful, I would have thought, but not impossible. The last Projeckt was excellent,  it I feel they are now exclusively a touring band. In truth, Fripp always found recording somewhat difficult. The latest live releases do feature new music, and that is the way I think they will continue.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 13:49
I certainly hope so, but I won't hold my breath to it.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 14:01
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I'd love to hear new music but it doesn't seem likely unless it's picking particular tracks off the live releases.

ThisThumbs Up. I'd also like to add that I believe the people who would welcome new KC music are a minority. Most of the people that go to their live shows want to hear the classics - as is the case with most other "vintage" bands.
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 16:21
they don't need to, they don't have to
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 16:31
I say Fripp will release some new music at some point. I find it hard to believe that somebody like him can retire from composing/recording new music. Whether that'll be under the KC name I don't know. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 16:45
Probably not...as it feels like it would have happened already. Somehow this band has been reformed in the 7 or 8 man lineup for six years now. Though they are clearly still writing new music, as evidenced by the recent live albums.

I'll always continue to hope. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 17:03
It would be cool.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 19:54
If they do it is likely something improvised rather than a full-fledged composed song.
PROGMATIC
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 20:35
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I certainly hope so, but I won't hold my breath to it.

Sadly I agree......
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 21:12
At this stage? No, probably not. For one thing my guess would be that Mr. Fripp would be too concerned about illegal downloading, not getting paid for royalties etc etc. 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 21:53
Hi,

I don't think that KC has to do anything ... but new music, specially with the 3 drummers and the current line up, I am not sure it will happen ... even if we "hope" to hear something new.

KC has an incredible catalog over 50+ years of being there ... and really, for me, and you, they don't have to prove anything! A new album is not going to make a difference anymore I do not think! Not like the others did in their time!

But you know what would be cool? Making an album with a group of good players, for his wife to sing ... and it should have a fun song, too! ... "dancing in the KC kitchen..."

Edited by moshkito - July 22 2020 at 21:54
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 23:25
Maybe the odd song here and there. But albums for older groups are not really in the plans anymore.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 00:00
I certainly hope so.
Admittedly I still haven't seen them live, which is a bummer. The "new" lineup was huge news to me (5-6 years ago), especially that having Mel Collins back into the fold promised exciting renditions of Poseidon-Lizard-Islands stuff. Three drummers? A gimmick, but all are incredibly talented so it might work, I thought. And from what I heard around the Internet, Fripp finally accepted early KC catalogue (before 2014 reunion they only played a select few old songs, i.e. Schizoid, Larks 2 or Red).
So I'm still looking forward to see them live, but getting new studio material would be great. "The Power to Believe" doesn't feel like a proper end.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 00:39
I'd bet we've seen the end of new KC music for quite some time. 

Fripp is busy kicking everyone off YouTube for uploading his old stuff lol.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 08:27
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

I'd bet we've seen the end of new KC music for quite some time. 

Fripp is busy kicking everyone off YouTube for uploading his old stuff lol.

Hi,

He has that right ... he owns the music! You really think the Rolling Stones do it any less? ... you just don't hear about it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 08:42
No, as Fripp is on a nostalgia trip now.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 08:45
I expect to see a release of a DVD of videos of Fripp with his wife doing countless odd, yet entertaining things, like watering the garden and dancing in a tutu. 

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>