Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Covid-19 Invitational Tourn-Ladies of the Road #1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid-19 Invitational Tourn-Ladies of the Road #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Do the ladies have what it takes to make you want to sing along?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [15.79%]
11 [57.89%]
2 [10.53%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:29
I know of her work with Steven Wilson, but I am not otherwise familiar with her.  It doesn't look as though she has released anything since 2017, but if you think that something from that album would fit the bill I'd be willing to add it in a later bracket.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:32
Seattle gave her an awesome ovation when she opened for Steven Wilson, my wife fell in love with her presence and performance. Every time she came out to perform a song with Steven the crowd went nuts.

She said it was her first trip to Seattle and she might move here from LA.......she's very cool, very Janis Joplinesque.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:33
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I know of her work with Steven Wilson, but I am not otherwise familiar with her.  It doesn't look as though she has released anything since 2017, but if you think that something from that album would fit the bill I'd be willing to add it in a later bracket.
I could be wrong but I thought she had an album just released when she was touring with SW for TTB.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:40
Looking at her discography, she had two 2017 releases, "Paper Parachute," and "The Most Beautiful Hour."
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:44
Yup, here is her Discogs page.......https://www.discogs.com/artist/2432348-Ninet-Tayeb
Paper Parachute is what she was selling at the merch table.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:46
Spotify shows she has a single that was just released on June 4th called Feel the Buzz.  Checking it out right now.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:50
And she did a song in 2019 with a band called Red Band called "Can't Feel My Face".  Makes me thing of the metal saying about melting your face off.  

Edited by rushfan4 - July 24 2020 at 11:50
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 11:59
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

And she did a song in 2019 with a band called Red Band called "Can't Feel My Face".  Makes me thing of the metal saying about melting your face off.  
LOL........I have her album Paper Parachute on vinyl, they only had CDs at the merch table. Need to spin it again, my wife keeps it in her stash.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 16:38
Bent Knee I guess 
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 19:07
Another vote for Bent Knee.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 17:15
Had cast my vote earlier, but commenting to remind myself that I did. Voted for Bent Knee.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 10:21
This first group of ladies have had the most support, but they are feeling and lonely and would love some more participation and votes.  Check out these songs and give your vote.  This poll will stay open until the end of the month.  The more the merrier!!!
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 11:40
Bent Knee!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 15:17
Friday night is Ladies Night!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12