Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post the best music-videos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:28
Ana Popovic - "Navajo Moon" (Stevie Ray Vaughan cover) (live Kansas City 2016)

A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 01:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOQp9gCfQA

I think the recent Wobbler video id cool.
Apart from that, I like Pain of Salvation's videos as well.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 06:30
Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 08:14
Freeways - "Eternal Light, Eternal Night" (2020)

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 14:04
Smak - "Tendzi-tandzi" (1978)

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 14:40
The Who - "Squeeze Box"

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 03:38
UFO - "Lights Out" (1977) (from "The Story of UFO - Too Hot to Handle" DVD)

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 00:23
Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the Devil" (Hyde Park, 1969)

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 21:45
Barclay James Harvest - "Life is for living" (1980) (from "Berlin - A Concert For The People" DVD, 2010)

judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 10:47
Instead of thinking of my favorite music videos I ended up exploring all those female fronted metal bands. Thanks!

Mutum, Volturian, and Evenoire sound pretty good. The problem with me is this: I found out that although I like metal it tends to get too repetitive after 3 or 4 songs.

Another problem is that I don't like growled vocals, male nor female. So although the song you posted from Vintersea was very good and the vocalist is pretty hot, the other ones I watched on YouTube were not to my liking because of the growls.

And a third problem that I find with female fronted metal bands is that half of them double track their voices. I don't know why they do that. Maybe to give the voice more power, but I feel it becomes too generic in time. The other half have operatic voices, and still some of them double track their voices too, I guess to give them a choral feel. That doesn't sound so bad at first, but after a while it gets a bit stale too.

Don't get me wrong though. I really liked those songs, but I realized I can only listen to symphonic metal in small doses.

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 11:53
Bruce Springsteen - "Ghosts" (2020)

BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 14:18
One that I just saw! Wow! A 2020 production from Hamburg's wonderful Post Rock band COLLAPSE UNDER THE EMPIRE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfuPOoyaQE&ab_channel=Worldhaspostrock

Edited by BrufordFreak - December 03 2020 at 14:18
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 16:49

Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
Umeda View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 17:53
"Forget moving like Jagger, I wanna move like Peter Garett!" LOL

Also, Martin Rotsey is playing what seems to me a Rickenbacker guitar.

Edited by Umeda - December 03 2020 at 17:58
Not for rent. To any God or government.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 22:05
Hi,

I'm a great fan of the stuff that Kevin Godley directed in videos, as they are really special in the way they were presented.

I have to watch some of the videos posted here, because I have not seen a whole bunch, but in general, I'm not a great fan of the videos of a lot of work, because they are not artistic for the most part, but just an illustration of the lyrics and/or the band ... and we keep wondering where the "depth" of the music went?

Kevin's films were much more than a video ... an art form, that years later ended up helping people like Lars von Trier and other film makers ... get adventurous with their own camera in many films.

But, if based on the average over the years, I would say that around 90% of the video are narcissistic exercises about each and every band ... and sometimes, they are just sordid and ugly for my film tastes.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 03:19
A couple of Steven Wilson gems:

And a couple for the ladies - the blissfully wonderful, mad, multi-instrumentalists that were the sadly missed Katzenjammer

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 06:40
I've always liked this crazy music video for Chicago: Stay the Night

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 06:46
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

ridiculously cheesy, both the music and the video. LOL
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 07:09
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

ridiculously cheesy, both the music and the video. LOL
No surprise there then. You already know I like cheesy music and videos. Smile
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 09:20
I always thought that Yes' Leave It video was a new and refreshing view of the band. Simple, contrite, and interesting.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>