Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 7 Renaissance Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 7 Renaissance Albums
    Posted: August 04 2020 at 02:06
The PROLOGUE to this tale begins with a TRIP TO THE FAIR, held annually by THE SISTERS of Mercy charity. The trip led to THE DISCOVERY of the book "One Thousand and One Nights". I REMEMBER the GOLDEN THREAD of the story concerns THE CAPTIVE HEART of SCHEHERAZADE, THE ENTERTAINER of the RAJAH KHAN, a MIDAS MAN of immense riches with a BLACK FLAME burning in his heart. The AIR OF DRAMA in the OPENING OUT of the story tells how SCHEHERAZADE finds the GOLDEN KEY to saving her life is to relate the tale of the 1001 nights. She wins over the JEKYLL AND HYDE nature of the King with her exotic tales, and he shows her KINDNESS AT THE END by managing to SPARE SOME LOVE in his black heart by marrying his PRECIOUS LOVE. She becomes his queen in this dramatic tale of KINGS AND QUEENS and lost INNOCENCE. One of the PEARLS OF WISDOM I learned from the book is that LOVE GOES ON to conquer all in the end when  LOVE IS ALL you need.

I'm a WANDERER at heart and the book inspired me to travel on a SECRET MISSION to the DISTANT HORIZONS of Istanbul ON THE FRONTIER of Asia aboard the ORIENT EXPRESS. It sometimes feels like time is RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU and I was RUNNING HARD like a BULLET  out of a gun in THE RACE to arrive on time AT THE HARBOUR. I arrived just in time to set sail across the English Channel on the OCEAN GYPSY ferry and leave behind the ISLAND of Great Britain. I love the SOUNDS OF THE SEA and it was a beautiful day IN THE SUNSHINE, underneath the CARPET OF THE SUN which glimmered like sparkling PORCELAIN.

Upon arrival in France, I felt like I was BOUND FOR INFINITY, with the most dramatic adventure IN MY LIFE just beginning. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND how good it felt to realise a dream when I'd LET IT GROW in my heart for so long? I still had a long way to go though but at least I was CLOSER THAN YESTERDAY to realising my dream. The FACE OF YESTERDAY was behind me now because this was the DAY OF THE DREAMER. I dreamed of  travelling to exotic places like the ISLAND of KALYNDA, A MAGICAL ISLE with a WATERFALL which sparkles BLOOD SILVER LIKE MOONLIGHT and where THE VULTURES FLY HIGH in their FLIGHT over distant shores. That was about as likely as seeing FAERIES LIVING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GARDEN though and my dreams vanished as quickly as the flames on a funeral pyre when only the ASHES ARE BURNING.

My real ambition was to eventually travel north from Istanbul to KIEV to experience exotic THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND, including those mysterious UKRAINE WAYS. I'd have to be careful to avoid TOUCHING ONCE on the delicate subject of the recent war with Russia though. I was planning  to head to the  northwest of MOTHER RUSSIA where I'd heard the extreme COLD IS BEING like the inside of a freezer. I'd love to see the NORTHERN LIGHTS for the first time with their MAJIK shimmering SYMPHONY OF LIGHT. It'd be like one of those awesome moments when you could sing A SONG FOR ALL SEASONS and CRY TO THE WORLD with joy and shout "CAN YOU HEAR ME now"?

I had a long journey ahead but I was looking forward to being  BACK HOME ONCE AGAIN with my FRIENDS, when I'd be sure to remind them that I THINK OF YOU when I'm away.

All song titles in HIGHLIGHTS by Renaissance

==================================================================

Here's your chance to help determine the Top 7 Renaissance albums of all time. Simply list your Top 7 Renaissance albums in order of preference and then I'll assign the usual system of points to your listings as shown below:-

1st album - 12 points
2nd album - 8 points
3rd album - 6 points
4th album - 4 points
5th album - 3 points
6th album - 2 points
7th album - 1 point

Here's my Top 7 to get the poll underway:-

1. Ashes Are Burning (12 points)
2. A Song for All Seasons (8 points)
3. Turn of the Cards (6 points)
4. Prologue (4 points)
5. Novella (3 points)
6. Scheherazade (2 points)
7. Grandine il Vento (1 point)

RENAISSANCE STUDIO ALBUMS

4 stars Renaissance (1969)

3 stars Illusion (1971)

5 stars Prologue (1972)

5 stars Ashes Are Burning (1973)

5 stars Turn of the Cards (1974)

5 stars Scheherazade (1975)

5 stars Novella (1977)

5 stars A Song for All Seasons (1978)

4 stars Azure d'Or (1979)

3 stars Camera Camera (1981)

2 stars Time-Line (1983)

3 starsThe Other Woman (1994)

4 stars Ocean Gypsy (1997)

5 starsTuscany (2001)

5 stars Grandine il Vento (2013)
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 06:30
Turn of the Cards
Ashes are Burning
Scheherezade
A Song for all Seasons
Prologue
Camera Camera
Azure d’or
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 06:51
1. Song for all Seasons
2. Ashes are Burning
3. Turn of the Cards
4. Scheherazade
5. Novella
6. Camera Camera
7. Prologue

bubbling under:  Grandine il Vento
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 06:59
Ashes are burning
Turn of the cards
Prologue
Scheherazade
Song for all seasons
Novella
Tuscany
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 11:27
1. Ashes Are Burning
2. Renaissance
3. Turn Of the Cards
4. Illusion
5. Prologue
6. Scheherazade
7. Novella
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 12:28
This is how the Top 7 is shaping up so far after the first five rounds of voting:-

1. Ashes Are Burning (52 points)
2. Turn of the Cards (38 points)
3. A Song for All Seasons (27 points)
4. Scheherazade (18 points)
5. Prologue (17 points)
6. Novella (9 points)
7. Renaissance (8 points)
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 14:22
1. Scheherazade
2. Turn of the Cards
3. Ashes Are Burning
4. A Song for All Seasons
5. Prologue
6. Novella
7. Azure d'Or
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 21:33
1. Scheherazade
2. Turn of the Cards
3. Ashes Are Burning
4. A Song for All Seasons
5. Renaissance
6. Novella
7. Azure d'Or

The first five are great and after that you're getting down to 3 star albums.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 23:05
1. Song for All Seasons
2. Novella
3. Scheherazade
4. Turn of the Cards
5.  Ashes Are Burning
6.  Prologue
7.  Renaissance
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 23:55
Top 7 update after the latest three rounds of voting:

1. Ashes Are Burning (67 points)
2. Turn of the Cards (58 points)
3. Scheherazade (48 points)
4. A Song for All Seasons (47 points)
5. Prologue (22 points)
6. Novella (21 points)
7. Renaissance (12 points)
 Post Reply Post Reply